48. Denzel Okafor, G, Lewisville (6A), Texas
49. D'Eriq King, ATH, Manvel (6A), Houston
50. Dillon Sterling-Cole, QB, Spring Westfield (6A), Arizona State
51. T.J. Vasher, WR, Wichita Falls Rider (5A), Texas Tech
52. Parrish Cobb, CB, Waco La Vega (4A), Oklahoma
53. Lil'Jordan Humphrey, ATH, Southlake Carroll (6A), Undecided
54. Trayveon Williams, RB, Houston King (5A), Texas A&M
55. Austin Myers, OT, Manvel (6A), TCU

Guys in bold are commitments, guys in orange are ones we have a legit shot at.

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
Baylor has 7 from that list.

Texas has 4 but Baylor's class is just about done while Texas will still add another 10 and most of which could be from that list.

No doubt Texas will finish with the better class.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Baylor has 7 from that list.

Texas has 4 but Baylor's class is just about done while Texas will still add another 10 and most of which could be from that list.

No doubt Texas will finish with the better class.
I don't think Baylor retains all of their commitments either. Should be a wild finish all around!

Look at #5 on this list. Not highlighted and it sounds like we could have him.

2 weeks to go and we have a whopping 4 on that list???? Fingers crossed and hoping for a big push at the end.

2 weeks to go and we have a whopping 4 on that list???? Fingers crossed and hoping for a big push at the end.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. We'll end up with 10 to 12 on that list. Book it.

Wasn't that long ago that we would have 5 or 6 of the top 10. 11+ of the top 20.

I know we need to remain positive, but recruiting is so far down...it's best not to think about it to remain positive.

Wasn't that long ago that we would have 5 or 6 of the top 10. 11+ of the top 20.

I know we need to remain positive, but recruiting is so far down...it's best not to think about it to remain positive.

Alot has changed since not that long ago. If Strong can pull in a top ten class after 6-7 and 5-7, with no job security, that's a win for where this program is at right now.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I'm finding conflicting reviews on where our class is ranked right now. I understand it's all conjecture of course, but just curious as to what everyone thinks our mean is.....?

Right now, if we were to stop I' put us somewhere between 25 and 35. If we get a full 25 it will put us no doubt in the top 18. If we get most of the guys we are targeting, we will have a top 10 to 15. If we get all our guys it will be between 8 and 10.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64

I would rather have Charlie's picks from any list no matter what they are ranked than most of those top 20s that Mack got the last few years he was here.

It will be scary for every team in this conference and the SEC if Charlie brings in another haul like last year and gets this program rolling again. Just think about the croots he could get going forward.

I would rather have Charlie's picks from any list no matter what they are ranked than most of those top 20s that Mack got the last few years he was here.

It will be scary for every team in this conference and the SEC if Charlie brings in another haul like last year and gets this program rolling again. Just think about the croots he could get going forward.

That's all well and good, but there isn't anyone in that top 20 that Strong doesn't want.

Reactions: swVAHorn

BU and TCU being competitive and Aggie going to SEC has given those SEC teams a bigger footprint here.

When in the history of ever would Ole Miss get the top Texas kid. And Bama has more top20 in state prospects than ATM.

Reactions: diadevic
So it's OUR fault you can't compete with Baylor, TCU, and UH? Unbelievable.

My two cents. I don't really care to put blame on anyone because it's recruiting for gods sakes. If aggy, Baylor, Bama, TCU can hurt us in recruiting they should and vice versa. I think recruiting is just becoming less proximity based. Kids are more willing to go OOS now than they were 10 years ago. It's not just the SEC. Elite Texas talent was going out west last class as well. It's almost like it's the it thing to do. We would need to counter by getting some OOS guys of our own.

Bama is on a unparalleled run right now. They can pretty much have any state they want. To say that their success is in Texas is because of aggy, is giving aggy a little too much credit imo.

Reactions: BittyBartWon
Bamas success is due to their performance on the field. One game in the state to play vs A&M every other year isn't even close to being a main factor in these kids decision to leave the state of Texas to play ball.

You either suck at reading and comprehension. Or you just like putting words in posts so that you have something to balk at.

My two cents. I don't really care to put blame on anyone because it's recruiting for gods sakes. If aggy, Baylor, Bama, TCU can hurt us in recruiting they should and vice versa. I think recruiting is just becoming less proximity based. Kids are more willing to go OOS now than they were 10 years ago. It's not just the SEC. Elite Texas talent was going out west last class as well. It's almost like it's the it thing to do. We would need to counter by getting some OOS guys of our own.

Bama is on a unparalleled run right now. They can pretty much have any state they want. To say that their success is in Texas is because of aggy, is giving aggy a little too much credit imo.

Its real simple math. Texas team moves to SEC. SEC now plays a half dozen or so more games in the state. Also the SEC is now on exponentially more TV sets in the state. The SEC recruits more in the area. And the good SEC teams now pull more in state players.

This is a simple math equation. It has nothing to do with Aggie winning or losing or claiming other teams SEC exploits as their own. Just simple math. And it is not isolated to Aggie/SEC. Nebraska goes to B1G. They now get less state of Texas players and more guys from up north. And more kids from the state of Nebraska are now going north than south. Simple math equation shows it to be true. You can act like changing conferences had nothing to do with it if you'd like. Same thing is happening to Colorado, Utah, Missouri, and on and on.

Reactions: RealBear
Nope. But we still have scoreboard on the aggys. Whose fault is it that you guys celebrate the corps of cadets, the jizz jar, playing with dead gos and all the other odd cultish behavior aggys exhibit? And on a side note, isnt it funny that with as bas as we have been lately westill beat you guys to the point you ducked our crappy team last year in the Texas bowl? THATS funny

oh and another side note.... what is unbelievable are the lies and excuses u guys feed yourselves as to how it was Texas fault for everything in the Big 12 etc..... especially when you idiots voted the same as Texas in damn near every vote while you were mediocre doormats here.... love that your sec move was lateral at best in that you are mediocre doormats there now

I personally think it's a fair trade.

We no longer have to deal with the slime that is aggsy, and all we have to do is give up a few recruits. I think we won that trade big time.

SEC, aggsy is your problem now. You have to deal with the constant embarrassment.

Oh, and when Texas gets good again, it will be back to business as normal in this state, but you still have to keep aggsy. The 100 year disaster for the SEC.

love that your sec move was lateral at best in that you are mediocre doormats there now

Don't kid yourself, they have all but assured themselves of never ever winning anything. EVER!!!

The long winter is here. The 100 years of suckage has only just begun.

Don't kid yourself, they have all but assured themselves of never ever winning anything. EVER!!!

The long winter is here. The 100 years of suckage has only just begun.

Yeah, but they never won anything in the BigXII either. So its business as usual for them. They just traded two daddies (UT and OU) and a couple of teams they were struggling and falling behind to (TT, BU, OSU) for a few more daddies and a whole conference that is better than them.

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
The wheels will fall off for them next season. They will probably fire Rumlin, it will be a sad day for Longhorns everywhere.

But they haven't picked a winner in my lifetime so I'm confident they won't do it now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT