ADVERTISEMENT

All your Wed recruiting notes (QB camp notes, upcoming visitors)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
--- Cypress Falls DT Du'Vonta Lampkin, a one-time Oklahoma Sooners commitment, will be on campus tomorrow for a visit, per his twitter account.

--- Dallas Bishop Dunne WR A.D. Miller will visit Texas on Friday, per Jason Howell. Miller has really seen his stock shoot up of late with a bunch of new offers.

--- UT OL commitment Toby Weathersby just said via text that he's visiting Texas tomorrow. Weathersby said he's not working out or anything, instead is just coming to hang out. This could prove to be a pretty big visit for Texas since Weathersby has said he'd like to take other visits in the fall.

More good news, he's bringing two top 2016 teammates with him. DT Tyrie Cleveland, who holds a handful of offers himself.

--- Channelview QB Jalen Hurts, the state's top-ranked QB for the 2016 class on the LSR 100, was at the camp yesterday.

We caught up with his head coach and father, Averion Hurts, and it sounds like it was a great visit for Jalen.

"We toured the campus on Monday night. He met all the coaches, met coach Strong before we left," Coach Hurts said. "I've talked to coach Vaughn before since he's our area recruiter, and coach Watson. They're men of their word. They're doing exactly what they said they're going to do, putting a lot stock in whoever they take in 2016. They're building relationships, doing thorough evaluations, doing exactly what they said they'd do."

Up next, Hurts may hit a TCU camp tomorrow and he and his father may hit Arkansas at some point this summer. After that, Hurts will probably take a little break from recruiting for the rest of summer.

Coach Hurts mentioned Brennen Wooten as players that caught his eye, and said his son is "wide open, but he's really impressed with Texas."

--- Woodbury (MN) East Ridge QB Seth Green, who was at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge presented by Under Armour, is on his way to the airport. We're hoping to connect with Green before he flies back to get his thoughts on the event.

--- We reported in the War Room a couple weeks ago about Deontay Anderson taking a tour of visits, which includes a stop at UT today.

Anderson, a top DB out of Manvel that's holding a Texas offer, visited Auburn on Monday, LSU yesterday, Texas today and will hit A&M on Sunday. We talked to him over the weekend to get his thoughts on what he was hoping to accomplish on the trips.

"I just want to see how the campus is. I've been to A&M a lot of times, I know how that one is. But I'm just going to build more chemistry and at UT, actually meet with coach Strong. I haven't met him. My parents have met him," Anderson said. "LSU, I want to go to the campus and see how it is. I've never been to Auburn."

--- Newton DB Roney Elam visited Texas A&M last week and according to his coach, should be at UT on Friday. Newton head coach WT Johnston said at last check, Elam would take the UT visit but he wouldn't know for sure until tomorrow. We'll follow up on Thursday to see if the trip is still set to happen.

--- Other QB notes from yesterday in case you missed them.

Video: One-on-one with UT QB commit Zach Gentry

Denton Guyer QB Shawn Robinson enjoys his time at UT QB camp>

Top QB Shea Patterson checks out UT

This post was edited on 6/11 9:17 PM by Suchomel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News