ADVERTISEMENT

An ND Fan's Guide to Texas

Joe M

Dec 18, 2006
I'm excited and obviously a bit nervous for the game on Sunday. It's the first game of the season after all and there's only so much you can glean from practice reports. I was hoping to get a sense for where the UT fans think the team is this year, both relative to last year and relative to the beginning of fall camp. Strengths, weaknesses, major concerns, etc.There's some good info in the ongoing threads here, but I was wondering specifically:

-Who are the 2 deep guys that are banged up that may keep them out/limited on Sunday?
-Swoopes the starter?
-Rank the position groups
-What position group is most improved. What, if any, position group takes a step back.

For ND:

-Starting safety (Max Redfield) and starting tight end (Alize Jones) are both out due to suspension. Cornerback Nick Watkins (Texas product) most likely wont play. He was the 2nd or 3rd corner. Starting WDE Jay Hayes will probably only play a few snaps, if at all.
-I expect Kizer to get the first snap. Kelly says he'll play both, and there's no set plan for what that means, so I think this is the primary story line ND fans are following going into the game. Personally, I'm not a fan of the approach, but Kelly knows a bit more than me.
-From best to worst (based on quality starters AND depth): RBs, QB, Oline, Dline, TEs, CB, WR, LB, S
- Most improved: toss up between Dline and LB. Biggest step back: WR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT