ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance we see an end to these senseless posts?

DropShot_7

Codeine when I sip, pistol grip when I ride
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Amarillo, TX
Ah, we’ve reached peak 2020 Herman narrative stage of recruiting. The fact is other programs that haven’t “proven it on the field” yet are landing elite bluechips early and we’re currently ranked #60. OU and Venables alone have shored up more difference maker DEs in one offseason than Sark has his entire time here. A five star HS Edge signee and a highly rated portal at Edge from Indiana. Bottom line we can’t get elite commits early one year (2023 class) and then use the “we just need to win on the field before we get highly ranked players to commit to us” excuse as the reason we aren’t doing it in 2024.

We no longer have any excuses. We are SEC bound. We can pay. We are struggling for big dogs. We are ranked #60 in national team rankings.

Hoping that all changes and not by loading up on high 3s and low 4s.

Big weekend ahead. Let’s go. 🤘🏼

Here’s what we know:

We’re ranked 21st heading into August.

Our 2024 class - which I would consider an above-average Texas class historically that would usually land at 1 or 2 in the Big 12 - is ranked 8th in the SEC right now.

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-team/football/2024/?conference=sec

I keep seeing that NSD is a long ways off. It's 8 weeks away. We have 8 weeks to cobble together the second half of a class that has fallen off a cliff since the Baker commitment. As a gentle reminder, we're currently ranked 8th in the SEC in 2024 recruiting classes.
Can we agree that class rankings in June are irrelevant to how the class shapes out?

Sorry @drag worm, but you deserve to get called out here. Continually posting about class rankings months before signing day is completely useless. And it’s not a relevant data point to how recruiting is going at any particular time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News