ADVERTISEMENT

Any Texas fans out there who still want the Big 12?

I vote stay.

For now or forever? Texas is only hurting itself in the Big 12 allowing other schools to eat off its plate and then bitch and whine about every little thing so that we get results like this past Saturday. Texas is stuck until 2020 but after that ...

Curious about your reasoning. The only good thing about the Big 12 that I can think of is that the players parents don't have to travel far to see the games live

I've posted my home address several times. I still haven't found any takers jagged.

We can do it right in my front yard. Just make sure they call the ambalamps before they come over. No need to have someone bleeding out and ruining my lawn.

I'm not a former college player, but I wouldn't slow you down. I can hold my own in a fight.

You'll just have to give the lawn a good watering. I heard blood is a great fertilizer.

I'm not a former college player, but I wouldn't slow you down. I can hold my own in a fight.

You'll just have to give the lawn a good watering. I heard blood is a great fertilizer.
I like the cut of your jib jag.

B12 getting lapped by every other conference maybe? You aren't old enough to remember the Southwest Conference...same issues...
Lapped? SEC is deeper. But the others? Pac 12 has a bunch of decent teams, but none that are a threat to win it all. Big 10 has 2 great teams, but not one of the rest could finish in the top half of the Big 12. Same for ACC. Big 12 has 2 top 5 teams, when the normal leaders are down. I have a hard time seeing that this conference has been "lapped."

Lapped? SEC is deeper. But the others? Pac 12 has a bunch of decent teams, but none that are a threat to win it all. Big 10 has 2 great teams, but not one of the rest could finish in the top half of the Big 12. Same for ACC. Big 12 has 2 top 5 teams, when the normal leaders are down. I have a hard time seeing that this conference has been "lapped."
OK...enjoy your stay in the B12...I intend to...

OK...now that I got that out of my system...you are too granular, look at the larger picture and it will come into focus...and you are fooling yourself if you think Michigan wouldn't finish in the top half of the B12...

Curious to see if there are any left?

Its becoming quite clear that the Longhorns can no longer compete in the Big 12. Fans saying that the Longhorns should leave the Big 12 at a time when you are getting your azzzzes handed to you on a regular basis looks incredibly puzzzified !! In fact it makes Longhorns look downright cowardly.

In addition to that, what do you do when you leave (for example) to join the Pac 12 and you get horsewhipped by: UTAH, USC, UCLA, STANFORD, and OREGON ? Those teams are probably much better than BAYLOR and TCU on a long term basis and will be much tougher competition and would probably result in Longhorns being an afterthought team in that League. While having to travel halfway across the country and fans having to constantly fly thousands of miles to see their team play. In addition to all of that, games played on the West Coast dont get much national attention at all due to the time difference and Eastern populace being in bed asleep at the midnight Eastern time starting times for football games on the West Coast. Just a horrible option for Longhorns but be my guest !! Complete irrelevance would be the product of joining the Pac 12 in addition to pizzzing off tens of thousands of Longhorn fans who wouldnt be able to afford the constant Hotels and airfares to the West Coast to see their team play every weekend, which they dont have to shell out currently. The Big 10 presents the same horrible travel issues (and even worse because of the dense population) and higher flying expenses on the East Coast and parts of Midwest (i.e. - Texas vs Rutgers, Maryland, Penn St, Northwestern, etc) and its doubtful Nebraska would want Texas in its League again.

Bottom line..........Longhorn fans get royally SCREWED financially if Texas goes to Pac 12 or Big 10, and most fans would simply stop travelling to away games (especially when Texas would face tougher competition and would most likely have routine worse yearly losses than they do now in the Big 12.

TEXAS LONGHORN PROJECTED RECORD IF IN PAC 12 THIS YEAR
UT vs OREGON (L) 0-1
UT vs UTAH (L) 0-2
UT vs USC (L) 0-3
UT vs UCLA (L) 0-4
UT vs STANFORD (L) 0-5
UT vs ARIZONA ST (L) 0-6
UT vs CAL (L) 0-7
(loss vs Cal has already been proven for this yr)

TEXAS LONGHORN PROJECTED RECORD IF IN BIG 10 THIS YEAR
UT vs MICHIGAN ST (L) 0-1
UT vs MICHIGAN (L) 0-2
UT vs OHIO ST (L) 0-3
UT vs NEBRASKA (L) 0-4
UT vs WISCONSIN (L) 0-5
UT vs NORTHWESTERN (L) 0-6
UT vs IOWA (L) 0-7
UT vs PENN ST (toss up)

Reactions: fortworth4ou2
Its becoming quite clear that the Longhorns can no longer compete in the Big 12. Fans saying that the Longhorns should leave the Big 12 at a time when you are getting your azzzzes handed to you on a regular basis looks incredibly puzzzified !! In fact it makes Longhorns look downright cowardly.

In addition to that, what do you do when you leave (for example) to join the Pac 12 and you get horsewhipped by: UTAH, USC, UCLA, STANFORD, and OREGON ? Those teams are probably much better than BAYLOR and TCU on a long term basis and will be much tougher competition and would probably result in Longhorns being an afterthought team in that League. While having to travel halfway across the country and fans having to constantly fly thousands of miles to see their team play. In addition to all of that, games played on the West Coast dont get much national attention at all due to the time difference and Eastern populace being in bed asleep at the midnight Eastern time starting times for football games on the West Coast. Just a horrible option for Longhorns but be my guest !! Complete irrelevance would be the product of joining the Pac 12 in addition to pizzzing off tens of thousands of Longhorn fans who wouldnt be able to afford the constant Hotels and airfares to the West Coast to see their team play every weekend, which they dont have to shell out currently. The Big 10 presents the same horrible travel issues (and even worse because of the dense population) and higher flying expenses on the East Coast and parts of Midwest (i.e. - Texas vs Rutgers, Maryland, Penn St, Northwestern, etc) and its doubtful Nebraska would want Texas in its League again.

Bottom line..........Longhorn fans get royally SCREWED financially if Texas goes to Pac 12 or Big 10, and most fans would simply stop travelling to away games (especially when Texas would face tougher competition and would most likely have routine worse yearly losses than they do now in the Big 12.

TEXAS LONGHORN PROJECTED RECORD IF IN PAC 12 THIS YEAR
UT vs OREGON (L) 0-1
UT vs UTAH (L) 0-2
UT vs USC (L) 0-3
UT vs UCLA (L) 0-4
UT vs STANFORD (L) 0-5
UT vs ARIZONA ST (L) 0-6
UT vs CAL (L) 0-7
(loss vs Cal has already been proven for this yr)

TEXAS LONGHORN PROJECTED RECORD IF IN BIG 10 THIS YEAR
UT vs MICHIGAN ST (L) 0-1
UT vs MICHIGAN (L) 0-2
UT vs OHIO ST (L) 0-3
UT vs NEBRASKA (L) 0-4
UT vs WISCONSIN (L) 0-5
UT vs NORTHWESTERN (L) 0-6
UT vs IOWA (L) 0-7
UT vs PENN ST (toss up)

MM- this is the "TCU" fan you banned. Same cut and paste post.

Reactions: diadevic
OK...enjoy your stay in the B12...I intend to...

OK...now that I got that out of my system...you are too granular, look at the larger picture and it will come into focus...and you are fooling yourself if you think Michigan wouldn't finish in the top half of the B12...
Michigan? Possibly. That's one team. So even if you are correct, which is not a given, 11 of their teams could not finish in the top 5 of the Big 12. That is the definition of mediocrity.

For now or forever? Texas is only hurting itself in the Big 12 allowing other schools to eat off its plate and then bitch and whine about every little thing so that we get results like this past Saturday. Texas is stuck until 2020 but after that ...

Curious about your reasoning. The only good thing about the Big 12 that I can think of is that the players parents don't have to travel far to see the games live

There is no reason to leave. Texas just has to win plain and simple.

Reactions: diadevic
We have five of 10 teams ranked right now. Texas Tech and Kansas State are receiving votes.

50% of the B12 is ranked in the top 25.

50% of the SEC is ranked, as 7 of 14 teams are in the top 25.

42% of the P12 is ranked, as 5 of 12 teams are in the top 25.

35% of the B10 is ranked, as 5 of 14 teams are in the top 25.

14% of the ACC is ranked, as 2 of 14 teams are in the top 25.

We have as many teams in the top 5 as the ACC does in the top 25 as a whole.

When you consider that Texas is down now but won't be forever, it isn't hard to see that the B12 hasn't been lapped by anyone.

The E-SEC-PN hype machine is going to push the SEC because of the financial interest they have in the SEC network. Nobody is saying the SEC isn't good, but don't believe the hype.

Reactions: Tiny Elvis
Michigan? Possibly. That's one team. So even if you are correct, which is not a given, 11 of their teams could not finish in the top 5 of the Big 12. That is the definition of mediocrity.
OK...if you must...here are the teams that would fair just fine in the B12...and their 11 teams couldn't finish in the B12 top 5?! LOL...

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan State
3. Michigan
4. Nebraska
5. Wisconsin

Add to that Northwestern's impressive wins against Stanford & Duke...Iowa slobber knocking B12 ISU I think you under-estimate the B1G. It is a little like apples and oranges with the divergent styles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT