ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watch TH Monday presser?

JasperNewton7

Feb 6, 2015
Is it just me or does his demeanor seem far different the past few times before the mic as has been seen for the last year? I’m no expert but it’s noticeable imo...

Reactions: Iitbhorn3
I’m just wondering if he actually believes the sh#t that comes out of his mouth.

He immediately gave kudos to CDC and dodged the 'arrogant/fan base' question by saying he loved the fans. He knows people are not happy and it's showing in his press conferences.

Is it just me or does his demeanor seem far different the past few times before the mic as has been seen for the last year? I’m no expert but it’s noticeable imo...
His act worked when he was thumping people at Ohio state and Houston. Now that he’s getting his ass kicked on a fairly regular basis and barely squeezing past Tulsa. The arrogant swag act doesn’t really work. He’s figured that out, but doesn’t know what else to do, because that was his gear. That’s why you can’t bring coaches with just a couple years of expierence in to a pressure cooker like Texas. When Texas hires Tom Herman PJ Fleck was kind of the other “it” name. If I had to pick between the two I would of chosen PJ Fleck over Herman simply because the guy took westren Michigan from 1-12 his first year to 12-1 in his 4th year. He’s been literally as low as you can go to as high as he could go, and could draw on that expierence. Maybe we’re havijg the same discussion about him to but his expierence and resume imo is something we should look for in the future

His act worked when he was thumping people at Ohio state and Houston. Now that he’s getting his ass kicked on a fairly regular basis and barely squeezing past Tulsa. The arrogant swag act doesn’t really work. He’s figured that out, but doesn’t know what else to do, because that was his gear. That’s why you can’t bring coaches with just a couple years of expierence in to a pressure cooker like Texas. When Texas hires Tom Herman PJ Fleck was kind of the other “it” name. If I had to pick between the two I would of chosen PJ Fleck over Herman simply because the guy took westren Michigan from 1-12 his first year to 12-1 in his 4th year. He’s been literally as low as you can go to as high as he could go, and could draw on that expierence. Maybe we’re havijg the same discussion about him to but his expierence and resume imo is something we should look for in the future
OMG!!!

Reactions: westx
PJ Fleck, the rah rah coach? That is some funny stuff ryan.

PJ Fleck, the rah rah coach? That is some funny stuff ryan.
Pete Carroll was/is a rah rah coach. There isn’t one specific style, or “right” way to be a head coach.

Also let me be clear. I’m not advocating for PJ fleck necessarily. Simply saying if I had to of chosen between Herman and fleck I would of chosen Fleck simply because he had more expierence to draw upon. Which I think you really need at Texas, and I think Herman is struggling right now because he hasn’t really been through this before.

I think that’s one of the reasons Mack was so successful here. By the time he got to Texas. He’d already seen damn near everything he could be hit with.

Maybe CDC oughta tell to get some new asst coaches or clean the house and start winning or you not gonna have to worry about it no more, maybe a house full of good asst coaches no matter what the price to get them would save his job...or throw 10 mill out their and get Peterson..

Hook'em

I actually think he's seemed less arrogant and irritated lately. My feeling is...the post-game presser after Maryland he was quite an a-hole and arrogant, and my guess is after that CDC had a talk with him, because starting with the Monday presser last week through to the Monday presser this week, he has seemed more cordial to me. Now, he's still not acknowledging that there's a problem with the team which is baffling.

I'm trying to tell Ya'll. Cdc put him on notice after Maryland. Sh!tty product and sh!tty attitude toward the press. You need skins on your wall to treat the press like crap. Tommy doesn't have them.

I actually think he's seemed less arrogant and irritated lately. My feeling is...the post-game presser after Maryland he was quite an a-hole and arrogant, and my guess is after that CDC had a talk with him, because starting with the Monday presser last week through to the Monday presser this week, he has seemed more cordial to me. Now, he's still not acknowledging that there's a problem with the team which is baffling.

Me wonders if this is on CDC’s mind at all? It’s not a good trend at the moment...the current (and past) performance on the field and now this...

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-longhorns-most-valuable-program-forbes-says

Most of the aggys revenue for the past few years comes from taking on debt to build their stadium and buy plaques. It already switched back to UT in 2017.

Go check the amount of gold held by the UT endowment. It's sickening.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Most of the aggys revenue for the past few years comes from taking on debt to build their stadium and buy plaques. It already switched back to UT in 2017.

Wow! I had no idea! Looks to be about $1 billion as of Feb 18...

Vince Young’s advice to Tom Herman: ‘Stop worrying about what everyone else is talking about’

Congratulations.

Pretty sure every coach in the country has these things...at least the successful ones
Not really. They do some things here and there, but, not to that extent. I have to give him credit, it wasn't easy to do what he did, but, to say that he would have been a better coach than TH is ridiculous IMO.

Who do you guys think would be realistic options to right the ship if a change was made? I just don't know who a "sure fire" would be.

Who do you guys think would be realistic options to right the ship if a change was made? I just don't know who a "sure fire" would be.

Evaluate Herman after 2019. If it doesn't work out, I'd call Bob Stoops. If Stoops says no, maybe CDC calls Patterson.

It's honestly a really hard question to answer. Because Herman and Strong are so polar opposite different types of people, men, coaches, leaders. Yet the product on the field is so similar. So what does that mean...

Not really. They do some things here and there, but, not to that extent. I have to give him credit, it wasn't easy to do what he did, but, to say that he would have been a better coach than TH is ridiculous IMO.

Dabo Swinney has a 'gimmick' every year. Every program has a motto or word for the year, or the successful ones. For whatever reason it just isn't as publicized.

The RTB came out because Western Michigan won their first conference title since the 80s, had their first ever 10 wins season and played in the New Years Six.

I still think Herman can get it done, but in the spirit of sport debate I'll answer anyway.

I posted this in another thread. Based on the criteria many have used here the list is very short

Justin Fuente
Chip Kelly
Matt Campbell
James Franklin
Gus Malzahn

The Chris Peterson, David Shaw, Dabo Swinney, John Harbaugh stuff just isn't realistic to me so I didn't put their name in there. Of course, I'm giving them a call to make them say no, but I think they would say no.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Dabo Swinney has a 'gimmick' every year. Every program has a motto or word for the year, or the successful ones. For whatever reason it just isn't as publicized.

The RTB came out because Western Michigan won their first conference title since the 80s, had their first ever 10 wins season and played in the New Years Six.

I remember when the Horns had the "You can't this tour shirts on the team and Team ME shirts

Hook'em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT