ADVERTISEMENT

Augie Garrido

Damn sorry to hear about that. The man didn't have enough time to enjoy retirement and that's a shame. Imho, he was the best coach at Texas over the last 20 years maybe longer.

Here's to a life well lived.
Hookem

Augie was one of my favorite coaches in any sport ever. Great man. He went way too soon after he retired. He will be sorely missed.

I posted earlier and not one of you but one acknowledge the post, tells ya something don't it?

Hook'em Augie and thanks for all the Wins and years you gave us.

Hook'em

I posted earlier and not one of you but one acknowledge the post, tells ya something don't it?

Hook'em
FB, I don't see the thread. I heard the news and just looked for a thread that honors Augie. All I see is Micco's post. Anyway, Hook'em, brother.

Hook'em
Nevermind. I see it. Combination of my worsening eyes and absent mindedness.

Aguie was one of the best, maybe the best to do it in college baseball. I thought he stayed a year or two too long, but that can be said for many of the greats. Texas was very lucky to have him. RIP

Reactions: IAHSKRFAN
Shaka Smart has some really heart felt thoughts on Aguie. I guess Aguie has kinda mentored Shaka a bit...Clearly a guy who wanted to make an impact on as many peoples lives as possible.

Here’s hoping Shaka can pay it forward to young coaches at Texas years from now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT