ADVERTISEMENT

Austin FC: Do you care?

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
So today MLS starts and Austin has its own team. Season begins against LA FC , who is favored to win it all this year.
Austin has a damn nice stadium, which is about 20 minutes from my house. I definitely will attend a game this year. With that said, I’m not expecting to make the playoffs this year.
Anyone on here care?

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I obviously love sports but admittedly have never been a huge soccer fan. I do think it would be cool to root for a team from their inception but MLS just doesn’t excite me very much.

Well, for those who understand and enjoy the sport, we hung with them for a while, but the better talent came through. Looks like we are going down 2-0.

Presently leading Colorado 3-1 late in 2nd half. Scored twice in a span of 3 minutes in second half. About 12 minutes to go.

How can anyone think. 9-6 football game is entertaining. Or being a Texans fan? Lol

Every sport has exciting, entertaining games, as well as incredibly boring games.

As I'm sure you know, I'm not a Texannes fan. That said, a 3-0 football game trumps a 0-0 or a 1-0 kickball game all day and all night. IMO there is no exciting or entertaining kickball game. There is no other way to describe it other than incredibly boring.

Reactions: NativeTex
As I'm sure you know, I'm not a Texannes fan. That said, a 3-0 football game trumps a 0-0 or a 1-0 kickball game all day and all night. IMO there is no exciting or entertaining kickball game. There is no other way to describe it other than incredibly boring.

Yeah, I disagree 100%. Commercials, huddles and surveying the crowd for 2-1/2 hours just isn’t appealing to me anymore. I watch every Texas game because I e been a fan since Mac 1. I’ve been through it as many of us here have. I’m not watching Kansas vs. Kansas State though. Hardly watch even top 10 matchups.

Of course, if there isn’t some vested interest Im probably not watching anymore.

No way. A UT football game that lasts 4 hours with 20 commercial breaks compared to 90 minute fast paced game over in under 2 hours? You need to go to a real pro soccer game. It will change your mind.

I wouldn't go to a kickball game if I was offered free limo service to and from and free tickets, drinks and food. The grass growing in my backyard is much more entertaining. To each their own though.

I wouldn't go to a kickball game if I was offered free limo service to and from and free tickets, drinks and food. The grass growing in my backyard is much more entertaining. To each their own though.
That's going too far @LonghornMM . Every man has his price and if they are going to give me limo service, free tickets, free drinks and food? Sign me up for a game. If they threw in Swedish Bikini Team limo drivers and food servers, I might even become a season ticket holder.....

Soccer - like ice hockey - is best appreciated in person rather than on TV. Regardless of one's dislike for the sport, there's no denying that the pros at the highest levels are incredible athletes.
I've had very close up seats at Premier League and La Liga matches and it was pretty amazing to see a player on the wing running at full speed 20-30 yards dribbling the ball only to be taken out by a 6'4" 220 lb defender coming at him at full speed - no protective equipment.

The defenders from the west African countries are all big, tough, enforcer dudes (6'2"-6'6" and 200 lb-240 lb) - think a cross between a DE and outside LB. If I'm running at full speed without protective equipment, that's not a guy I want coming at me - Hell no!

Only point here is that there's a toughness at the highest levels that is very real.

Dude something happened or some such. There are sports I don’t like but a soccer player or fan must’ve done a number on you MM. It is obvious you hate it with everything in your being and your incessant need to continue to call it kickball is quite sad.

I’m sorry for whoever hurt you man.

Soccer - like ice hockey - is best appreciated in person rather than on TV. Regardless of one's dislike for the sport, there's no denying that the pros at the highest levels are incredible athletes.
I've had very close up seats at Premier League and La Liga matches and it was pretty amazing to see a player on the wing running at full speed 20-30 yards dribbling the ball only to be taken out by a 6'4" 220 lb defender coming at him at full speed - no protective equipment.

The defenders from the west African countries are all big, tough, enforcer dudes (6'2"-6'6" and 200 lb-240 lb) - think a cross between a DE and outside LB. If I'm running at full speed without protective equipment, that's not a guy I want coming at me - Hell no!

Only point here is that there's a toughness at the highest levels that is very real.

Ha, those are my two favorite sports to watch on TV...and in person too I guess.

Baseball in person is awful. The playoffs are somewhat bearable on TV.

Football is okay in person and I really enjoy watching games on delay.

I can’t watch basketball anymore. There is nothing more pointless than the first 40 minutes of an NBA game.

Ha, those are my two favorite sports to watch on TV...and in person too I guess.
👍.
The point I intended to make is that if someone doesn’t understand all of the nuanced strategies and the multiple ebbs/flows of either soccer or ice hockey, then the physicality, the formations, and set up of plays can be best seen in person.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Dude something happened or some such. There are sports I don’t like but a soccer player or fan must’ve done a number on you MM. It is obvious you hate it with everything in your being and your incessant need to continue to call it kickball is quite sad.

I’m sorry for whoever hurt you man.

Dude, no soccer player "did a number on me, or some such". I just can't stand the sport of kickball. It's BORING. If you like it, cool. Not sure why you continue to make incessant comments towards me about it. If you don't like what I post, then scroll right on past. Sorry if the word "kickball" gets on your nerves. 😆

Dude, no soccer player "did a number on me, or some such". I just can't stand the sport of kickball. It's BORING. If you like it, cool. Not sure why you continue to make incessant comments towards me about it. If you don't like what I post, then scroll right on past. Sorry if the word "kickball" gets on your nerves. 😆

Kickball doesn’t get on my nerves. I’d equate it to people doing Horns down. That doesn’t really bother me either. But those are things done yet to irritate others.

I brought it up because you speak about soccer with such anger and disdain. I responded because honestly MM I don’t understand. I know you think it’s boring, which many do, that I understand...just not the utter hatred for the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT