Austyn Clanton Update!! (Post dog Attack in 2019) 7th grade football fundraiser

Tristyn09

Gold Member
Mar 1, 2012
Good evening fellow orangeblooders,

As a long time member of the board I wanted to provide an update on my son Austyn, who many may remember was attacked in 2019.
I am so proud of his journey and have shared his updates several times over the years, but haven't provided an update recently. For those who are new to the board here is a bit of his story.

After the red river shootout in 2019 a nightmare no parent should ever have to endure happened. Our son Austyn was attacked by our family dog( an American bulldog). Austyn was sent to memorial hermann in houston where he would end up undergoing 15 surgeries, 2 brachial artery bleeds resulting in a complete bypass on his left arm, lost over 80 percent of his bicep and 15 percent of his tricep, while spending over 100 hours under anesthesia and staying over 8 weeks in the hosptial and even celebrated his 9th birthday in the hospital. After surgery Austyn added a lot of weight while recovering and although he was told he may never curl his arm, Austyn has defyed the odds. He worked his butt off to lose some weight and built a ton of muscle and strength. As a cscs and strength coach I was able to help him modify exercises as needed to progress. As we sit here today he is now a big 13 years old 5'11 and just over 190 pounds and is able to do any lift and movement you could ask of him with only slight modifications to cleans, squats, presses etc. He's even managed all A honor roll and student council vice president.

Throughout that difficult time the OB family was supportive with endless thoughts and prayers, members watched his news story and followed up on how he was doing. Throughout the years i have provided updates on his progression as his mom and I are extremley proud of him. We have gone through a tough time and the ob family has always been extremely supportive and and we needed every last good thought.

Last week Austyn was fully cleared by the same team that saved his life to participate in 7th grade football(says he wants to play college football) Next week Austyn will be starting nose guard for the 7th grade A team at for magnolia bear branch junior high. We are extremely excited, anxious and proud of our big guy.

As I was preparing to post his update to OB and let everyone know how he was doing, he was telling me how he is still a bit short on his school fundraiser. Bear branch is conducting a fund raiser for the student athletes to purchase additional uniforms, cleats, helmets etc. Austyn has a goal of $500 and is roughly $225 short of his goal. I hesitated to post but reached out to @ketch To Ensure i would be ok to post his fundraiser link. Got the go ahead and decided to post and see if OB could help us get him to his goal. His mom and I donated what we could but have had a rough few months( my father passed in June, and vannessa's dad , a long time high school coach, had to move in with us after a stroke in May. Even a few dollars would be more than appreciated. Even if you are unable or do not desire to donate please check out his Instagram video update. His mom and I are somewhat embarrassed and hate to post a go fund me, or ask ob for donations but want to see our guy reach his goal.

Please keep the topic away from the breed of dog( the dog was euthanized and we only have a basset hound these days) as we have had this discussion many times and only want to focus on good days and progress. F

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.