ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
He grew up an OU fan, but as stated by others, he wasn't recruited by any big time schools. In the end, he walked on at the school he always wanted to play for.

He and his father actually went to OU and talked with the OU coaches. Like every other school OU coaches looked at his size and passed on him. We already had our QB in the fold in Cody Thomas who was a 6'5 by 220 four star kid. Baker likely will win a Heisman and Thomas wound put playing baseball.

Don't beat yourselves up as every other team did the same to him. I do know that the Mayfields did talk with Mack and they got the same thing from Mack as they got from Bob Stoops. :)

I can't stand Mayfield's cockiness and arrogance, which is typical of most 0U players and coaches.

Lordy, this is a classic horn fan post on a message board. And it is why the horns are among the most hated fan base on the planet :). Your We're Texas is the most cocky and arrogant moniker I know, so, it is kind of funny for a Texas fan to be knocking an opposing player as being cocky and arrogant. :).

Yes, Mayfield comes off as cocky and with an attitude. But, his being cocky and with his attitude is just the beginning of Mayfield. The kid is very intelligent with QB smarts and a huge competitive spirit and is very coachable. Add to that his very live arm along with accuracy. Throw in his uncanny ability to read the pocket and escape to find a way to make a play. This is what makes him a Heisman QB.

Lordy, this is a classic horn fan post on a message board. And it is why the horns are among the most hated fan base on the planet :). Your We're Texas is the most cocky and arrogant moniker I know, so, it is kind of funny for a Texas fan to be knocking an opposing player as being cocky and arrogant. :).

Yes, Mayfield comes off as cocky and with an attitude. But, his being cocky and with his attitude is just the beginning of Mayfield. The kid is very intelligent with QB smarts and a huge competitive spirit and is very coachable. Add to that his very live arm along with accuracy. Throw in his uncanny ability to read the pocket and escape to find a way to make a play. This is what makes him a Heisman QB.

You and your five posts had to run over here to tell us how great Mayfield is? He's a good college player with lots of character issues, which is typical of most 0U players. His type of play will not transfer to the NFL and be successful, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT