ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton #12

Feb 26, 2011
Arlington,Texas
Baker Mayfield,Ou QB is a heisman candidate,likely winner is from AUSTIN,Texas.Someone in the know explain if he was recruited by Texas and did he want to attend Texas coming out of Lake Travis.I know he went to Tech his freshman year,left,falling out with Kingsbury,transfer to OU.

Baker Mayfield,Ou QB is a heisman candidate,likely winner is from AUSTIN,Texas.Someone in the know explain if he was recruited by Texas and did he want to attend Texas coming out of Lake Travis.I know he went to Tech his freshman year,left,falling out with Kingsbury,transfer to OU.
He walked on at Tech, so no. No school worth a shit wanted him out of high school.

Thanks,I never knew the story on him so not even a one star out of high school is the likely winner of the Heisman,go figure Bobby Burton.

He grew up an OU fan, but as stated by others, he wasn't recruited by any big time schools. In the end, he walked on at the school he always wanted to play for.

Reactions: Belldozer1
He grew up an OU fan, but as stated by others, he wasn't recruited by any big time schools. In the end, he walked on at the school he always wanted to play for.
Agree. Not only walked on a 2 schools but is the best to walk through the doors at OU that I’ve seen.

He's a prick. Pictures of him when he was in elementary wearing OU gear. He was never coming here and we never offered. He is a great college player but I'll be surprised if he has much of an NFL career. His prickness will get him killed.

He's a prick. Pictures of him when he was in elementary wearing OU gear. He was never coming here and we never offered. He is a great college player but I'll be surprised if he has much of an NFL career. His prickness will get him killed.

I can't stand Mayfield's cockiness and arrogance, which is typical of most 0U players and coaches.

Reactions: Scholz
Yeah Mayfield seems like a real jackass, but he’s good. QB is a big reason why we are where we are. It may not be the only reasons but it’s a big one. Certainly would of covered up a lot of weakness. I mean you look at the QBs that have come out of the stste the last 10 years... it’s crazy to think we haven’t landed even one decent one since Colt. Doesn’t really matter who the coach is if that trend doesn’t start heading in the other direction.

Yeah Mayfield seems like a real jackass, but he’s good. QB is a big reason why we are where we are. It may not be the only reasons but it’s a big one. Certainly would of covered up a lot of weakness. I mean you look at the QBs that have come out of the stste the last 10 years... it’s crazy to think we haven’t landed even one decent one since Colt. Doesn’t really matter who the coach is if that trend doesn’t start heading in the other direction.
Yes. VY & Colt sure masked a lot of bad coaching & busted plays.

Mayfield was offered by Wash. State but his only major offer. For all the good QBs OU has had over the last 20 plus years only Bradford, whose career may be over now, and Jones made the pros. Mayfield is a better passer and QB than either of them.

hmmm.... I think you guys are being a little too tough on him.

On the field he is incredibly intense. Super competitive. A fighter.

If you watch his demeanor off the field though, you don't get the same vibe. He's cool, calm, and well-spoken. Neither do you get the smug, smirking, rich-boy trust fund thing that use to ooze out of JF.

He's toned down his antics (let's call a spade a spade) a little this year. Dialed it back to 11 from 12. And I'm telling you guys, OU fans don't really see him coming across like a punk any more. 2015? Sure. 2016? A little.. but this year?

This year we see him as a "fiery competitor" verses a "jackass", or "johnny football #2".

"arrogant" and "prick" are unfair.

Reactions: SoonerV
The problem with BM is that he plays in the B12, a conference mostly devoid of defense. He’s had the luxury of playing like 5 years without ever having his sh_t kicked in. Tends to perpetuate punk-ish behavior.

I've given up. If you can't beat'em, join'em. I embrace Mayfield, and my fall football viewing has been enjoyable. Maybe amoral, but I have to have something to root for.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Jealousy at its best. He’s incredible and no doubt running a powerful offense. Maybe Cameron Rising can soothe the pain. Maybe even Thompson from Oklahoma. NFL I don’t know about that and don’t care. I’m just glad he’s played for Oklahoma.

It’s all about conference pride Diadevic and he’s the Big 12 bell cow, our big toe, if you will

Last edited:
Reactions: diadevic
Jealousy at its best. He’s incredible and no doubt running a powerful offense. Maybe Cameron Rising can soothe the pain. Maybe even Thompson from Oklahoma. NFL I don’t know about that and don’t care. I’m just glad he’s played for Oklahoma.

You can call it whatever you want. I wouldn’t want his punk behavior anywhere near my football program. Sad, because he’s a good player.

I read in SI last year that he's a small guy They said he was 5"11 at most. They also said he has small hands.

His play reminds me somewhat of Johnny Manziel. However he.might end up like a lot of Big XII qb's who have the right kind of skills for the spread offense but not an NFL offense.

I can't believe we have a thread about an OU player that hasn't abused another student on this forum. Amazing!

He's about the set the QB efficiency record for the 3rd year in a row...for the history of CFB. He's also the runaway favorite to win OU's 6th Heisman. That "douchiness" is just jealousy.

I would never, ever want the kid on my team - and it has nothing to do with how he plays. Tell us how that’s jealousy?

Give me a kid that plays like Baker but carries himself like Colt.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT