ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. 0U is loaded with douchebag coaches and players. Its typical of them. They perpetuate this kind of behavior. STFU.

I sure liked your list of players to match mine that proved you wrong. You made something up, because your rival owns you and you're emotional, and you got caught. Our former coach...you know, Bob...you remember him, he was voted (by other coaches) to be the HC most likely to send their own son to if they had to choose. Could it be perhaps your view is slanted because OU dominates this conference like the 20's Yankees? Nah...couldn't be that.

My take on Baker Mayfield.......no one asked for it, but here it is anyway.

No doubt Baker could carry himself on a higher level, but in the end his talent is undeniable. I am sure he will win the Heisman and deservedly so. The list of past winners contains many that would not be considered "role model " material, but so be it.

He did not get one D-1 offer and had to walk on at Tech. I would expect that to put a chip on anyone's shoulder. Sadly, his selfish antics have/will cost him much in the past and future.
Just like we had Romance Taylor and Holton Hill, talent does not always go hand in hand with character. For his sake I hope Baker can wake up and realize what he is bringing upon himself.

Haha I gotta give it to Mayfield, if this football deal doesn’t work out he’s got a career in acting waiting for him. Not sure if anyone else noticed but during this whole video his crotch grabbing hand only made a brief appearance one time. I think he was crotch grabbing during this presser. WVU in for a bad time once the Sooners second offensive series commences.

My take on Baker Mayfield.......no one asked for it, but here it is anyway.

No doubt Baker could carry himself on a higher level, but in the end his talent is undeniable. I am sure he will win the Heisman and deservedly so. The list of past winners contains many that would not be considered "role model " material, but so be it.

He did not get one D-1 offer and had to walk on at Tech. I would expect that to put a chip on anyone's shoulder. Sadly, his selfish antics have/will cost him much in the past and future.
Just like we had Romance Taylor and Holton Hill, talent does not always go hand in hand with character. For his sake I hope Baker can wake up and realize what he is bringing upon himself.
Nice post. What have you done with FlourBluff Horn? Haven’t seen him post lately.

Haha I gotta give it to Mayfield, if this football deal doesn’t work out he’s got a career in acting waiting for him. Not sure if anyone else noticed but during this whole video his crotch grabbing hand only made a brief appearance one time. I think he was crotch grabbing during this presser. WVU in for a bad time once the Sooners second offensive series commences.
I think it was at the 1.15 mark that Baker gives the media the finger. Classic!!

I sure liked your list of players to match mine that proved you wrong. You made something up, because your rival owns you and you're emotional, and you got caught. Our former coach...you know, Bob...you remember him, he was voted (by other coaches) to be the HC most likely to send their own son to if they had to choose. Could it be perhaps your view is slanted because OU dominates this conference like the 20's Yankees? Nah...couldn't be that.

Gone.

I'm actually curious if the nfl teams are going to be a bit more cautious drafting another high profile qb with public character issues. Surely Johnny M will be in the execs minds.
The dude earned the heisman but obviously needs to mature up a lot

Mayfield may be the first player to win a Heisman and an Oscar all in the same year. I just watched his full interview and I have to say, it was one for the ages.

Last edited:
Mayfield *might* be the sixth or seventh QB taken in the draft this year. I'll be surprised is he's taken in the first or second round.

yes,I heard from a source that Baker and his dad were so arrogant and cocky out of Lake Travis high school that no college wanted to deal with them.
I'm not sure about that. I've posted on here that I work with a kid that played on his same team in hs and knows his family personally and he never mentioned anything like that and this kid went to Tech too.

I'm not sure about that. I've posted on here that I work with a kid that played on his same team in hs and knows his family personally and he never mentioned anything like that and this kid went to Tech too.
I heard a different story but seems logical since no school in the state made an offer coming out of a 6A powerhouse school in this state.Its not like college coaches never recruited players from Lake Travis.

Well to date I have not ever heard one remark out of his dad during his whole time at OU or Tech? Perhaps I’m out of the loop but if it was as you say, seems his dad would be running his mouth, complaining, being quoted or something. We did hear those sentiments about Bomar and his dad but he had plenty of offers out of hs so...

Last edited:

I'm glad that we're in agreement that this is just another example of ou giving the appearance of punishing a kid, while not really imposing a punishment at all.

Well to date I have not ever heard one remark out of his dad during his whole time at OU or Tech? Perhaps I’m out of the loop but if it was as you say, seems his dad would be running his mouth, complaining, being quoted or something. We did hear those sentiments about Bomar and his dad but he had plenty of offers out of hs so...

What do you know about Bomar and his dad? Bomar dad was actually the athletic director so in no way was his father going to act cocky or mouth off and Bomar wasn't cocky in high school he had a lot of haters in high school from around the area. Even with Bomar as the best qb in the state that year he never once made playoffs in high school only in baseball.

The problem with BM is that he plays in the B12, a conference mostly devoid of defense. He’s had the luxury of playing like 5 years without ever having his sh_t kicked in. Tends to perpetuate punk-ish behavior.
Very stupid comment. Baker went up against, what was stated at the time to be the best, the Ohio State D.

Dusty Dvorachek
LJ Moore
Joe Mixon
Dede Westbrook
Will Sunderland
Jordan Thomas
Franks Shannon
Dorian Green-Beckham
Charles Thompson
Glenn Bell
Josh Jarboe
David Overstreet
Ryan Broyles
Bernard Hall
Nigel Clay
Greg Roberts
Justin Chaisson
Lynn McGruder
Brian Bosworth
Jerry Parks

I can't believe that you were ignorant enough to make this challenge. In case you're wondering, this is the tip of the iceberg. I can keep going for days.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT