ADVERTISEMENT

Bankrupt! So long Chicks with Dic....errrr I mean Sports Illustrated

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
You hate to see it. I was an SI subscriber from 1985 until they started doing blatant political adds and calling them journalism.

And I'm glad I wasn't around for the fat girls and chicks with dicks swimsuit edition. The days of Elle McPherson and Kathy Ireland are LONG gone.

So sad. Used to be such a great magazine.

Oh well.

Last edited:
From the time I was 10 years old I read SI cover to cover. It would be delivered on Saturdays - so a week behind the news. But I didn't care. It was a must read, with incredible writers. Unfortunately, SI lost its way. A cautionary tale -- stick to what you know. Know your audience. You want to write a political piece - go to a political rag. ESPN better pay attention.

Aren't they out of business now? A bunch of discredited writers or something like that. They had some great feature writers, Dan Jenkins, William Nack and others.

Back when Lou Holtz was the coach they were on top and SI waa insufferably pro Notre Dame and I stopped subscribing.

Last edited:
Reactions: freeper
Which of these things is not like the others??
Kate Upton
Kathy Ireland
Tyra Banks
Christie Brinkley
Martha Stewart

First a chick with a dick and then an octogenarian. Good riddance!!

The era of liberal democracy 1863-2024 is about to end. The age of conservative nationalism is about to begin.

It's not about Trump and tweets. It's about us. Gen Z is bringing back stay at home mothers and much more. Millenials are helpless though.

Last edited:
Cheryl Tiegs as a young yanker. Genieve Morton as a dirty old man.
Cheryl Tiegs is the sole reason for me having a big bewb fetish that I carry with me to this day. I flat the fvck out refused to bang girls with small bewbs throughout my entire life. Couldn't do it. Wouldn't do it. This will sound sexist as hell and stupid as hell- but I would tell girls- straight up "sorry- I'm into big bewbs" if I ever got approached by a small chested girl. My Grandad used to laugh at me because it was known thing in my family.
"I just don't understand you boy. A piece you pass up on is a piece you'll never get." <---- I'll never forget those words.

But if you think about it- I'm no worse than girls that won't date guys under 6 foot. And there FVCK tons of them out there.

Reactions: freeper
Cheryl Tiegs is the sole reason for me having a big bewb fetish that I carry with me to this day. I flat the fvck out refused to bang girls with small bewbs throughout my entire life. Couldn't do it. Wouldn't do it. This will sound sexist as hell and stupid as hell- but I would tell girls- straight up "sorry- I'm into big bewbs" if I ever got approached by a small chested girl. My Grandad used to laugh at me because it was known thing in my family.
"I just don't understand you boy. A piece you pass up on is a piece you'll never get." <---- I'll never forget those words.

But if you think about it- I'm no worse than girls that won't date guys under 6 foot. And there FVCK tons of them out there.
I've always been most attracted to voluptuous women and I'm married to one.

Btw how's married life and fatherhood?

I've always been most attracted to voluptuous women and I'm married to one.

Btw how's married life and fatherhood?
Piece of cake. Let me tell you-- if I were in my 20s I'd be losing my sh!t.
But I'm older, wiser and more crafty now.
Ex: What drives new Dads batsh!t? Crying.
Babies get shaken because the parents can't figure out how to stop baby from crying. It's one of a few things- hungry, diaper, cold, gas, or pain.
With modern tech- I have the little sock monitor I put on the kid and a camera mounted over the bassinet. I can tell heart rate, oxygen, breathing, temp, everything I need.
Baby is cold? I grab my phone and kick the heater on.
Baby pooped pants? I put my Bose noise canceling ear buds in and crank up Motley Crue and change baby.
Baby is hungry- I push a button on the baby bottle breast milk Keurig machine and in 45 seconds I've got 98.6 degree titty milk in a bottle that's a 1, 2, 3 or 4 ounce serving-- ready to serve.
Nap time? I've got an ergonomic chair that glides and reclines and I sync up my ear buds to the TV in baby's room and watch the latest David Attenborough nature show with baby lying on my chest. And since the chair has pillow railings on both sides, I can fall asleep and baby won't roll off me and onto the floor- or smother himself. I sleep like a baby. He sleeps like a baby. Errrrrbody is happy.
Honestly- I don't think I've heard him cry yet. Those Bose ear buds are a fvcking miracle.

Babies get shaken because the parents can't figure out how to stop baby from crying. It's one of a few things- hungry, diaper, cold, gas, or pain.
With modern tech- I have the little sock monitor I put on the kid and a camera mounted over the bassinet. I can tell heart rate, oxygen, breathing, temp, everything I need.
Baby pooped pants? I put my Bose noise canceling ear buds in and crank up Motley Crue and change baby.
Baby is hungry- I push a button on the baby bottle breast milk Keurig machine and in 45 seconds I've got 98.6 degree titty milk in a bottle that's a 1, 2, 3 or 4 ounce serving-- ready to serve.
Nap time? I've got an ergonomic chair that glides and reclines and I sync up my ear buds to the TV in baby's room and watch the latest David Attenborough nature show with baby lying on my chest. And since the chair has pillow railings on both sides, I can fall asleep and baby won't roll off me and onto the floor- or smother himself. I sleep like a baby. He sleeps like a baby. Errrrrbody is happy.
Honestly- I don't think I've heard him cry yet. Those Bose ear buds are a fvcking miracle.
The first months are a cakewalk. Just wait until they get on the move, thats when things get fun!

Reactions: diadevic
I feel like an idiot. All those nights I spent pacing the bedroom while holding my kid, so my wife could get some sleep, with the Joey Bishop Show on in the background....

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic
I was fortunate my kids started sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks.

My daughter and I worked like clockwork when she woke up for her feeding. She always got up at 4:30 I'd beat up a bottle. She's cuddle up and it never took long. Then she'd go back to sleep. Something I'll never forget.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT