ADVERTISEMENT

Biden fear mongering Covid hoax No. 2

I would say it's preferred by most....
... but lots of folks in Austin and Houston might prefer annexation by California.

I gotta ask are you saying that's it's ok if Texas seceeds from the union?
That.

And I'll take it a step further- I think that any state that wanted to follow should be allowed.
Look, we can still be neighbors. Still work together on things. We will just not impose upon each other.
Cali- I want you to think about something for a second-

Why does aggy act the way they act about Texas? Because Texas sees them (and treats them) as inferior. If you spend generations being made to feel inferior, eventually, you lash out and do something stupid.
Now, where did the term "flyover country" come from? Was it created by the folks that live in middle America? Or was it created by coastal elites that only flyover our area to visit the opposite coast?
Now expound upon that.

I would like to point out that I offered two solutions. It was your prerogative to gravitate toward either of those two solutions.

You chose the violent one. Am I to read into that as a preference of yours? Again, any dimebook psychology guide would say that when given 2 choices and a person decides to single out 1, even if in mockery, they have a predilection to that choice.
I've said I am advocate for a peaceful divorce. I've said it for years. Going back the when Rick Perry was governor. I can see the writing on the walls. Yes, we are Americans. Yes, we are supposed to be "different" than the rest of the worlds citizens.
But we are also humans. And there's no escaping human nature. It's biology, bro. It's science. (Trust the science??)
I've seen other countries go down this road. (Granted, none like America)
But I've watched first hand, in a couple of instances. The rhetoric is the same. Muslims in northern Sudan vs Christians in southern Sudan. Two TOTALLY separate, non-blending ideologies- at contretemps. The bloodshed ended up being other worldly. There's 50 million people between those 2 nations and over 1% of the population was killed. Poof. Massacre. That's 5 DKRs filled with dead bodies.
Everybody saw it coming. The rhetoric. The media stoked it. The outside entities fanned the flames. USAID flat the fvck out told us "these fvckimg guys hate each other and there's no going back". Then one day, boom- the Bentiu massacre happens and it goes from bad to worstest-est.

This is where we, America, is/are right now. Politicians used to be made fun of by the media- both sides of the aisle. Remember Dana Carvey doing Bush and Phil Hartman doing Clinton?
Then one day the media shifted and got nasty. Then nastier. Then they just stopped making fun of one President altogether (because he was a black man and that was a touchy area). And now look- there's a 24 hour media news cycle that's been going on non-stop for 9 years, full blast, no-holds-barred sh!t show where "if you're not on OUR side, your a racist, Marxist, xenophobe, homophobe, deplorable."
Bruh- I've fancied myself a Reagan Democrat from the time I was 12 years old. I haven't shifted much on ANY issue for 30 plus years. Don't care who married whom. Don't give a sh!t what you do to your body (just don't ask me to pay for it). Stay off my fvcking lawn and nobody gets hurt.

But now I'M the bad guy.
This is Spain 1936. This is Sudan 2014. Algeria 1992.
We WERE unique and exceptional. We WERE the poster child for what a constitutional republic can do. And we can be one again.

How?

Peaceful divorce.
Sorry if I misread you but I don’t want a Divorce…I’m all for marriage counseling. I don’t believe the majority of the state want to secede, but a very small minority.

I don’t believe we are beyond repair but I do believe there has to be change in our political systems. Things that a prescribed in an earlier post. I wish you nothing but peace and hope we can meet as friends because I have lots of friends of all persuasions-because I am liberal minded which in its non-political sense just means free thinking.

Pretty sure the idea that syphilis came from the new world to Europe has been debunked.

Pretty sure the idea that syphilis came from the new world to Europe has been debunked.
Funny you mention that- I've got a buddy that lives in Brussels and he will confirm that the new syphilis in Europe did not come from the new world. Instead, it came from North Africa and the Middle East. In fact, he said "this is what happens when we don't make enough babies".

Lots and lots of evidence that syphilis was in Europe and Asia Looooong before Columbus . The reason that 1495 epidemic got so much press was simply that....press! The newly invented printing press cranked out news.....which had been unavailable before.

In fairness, there is also lots of evidence of syphilis in the New World as well before the Colombian exchange. Bottom line.....we have no proof it was not everywhere all that time.

Lots and lots of evidence that syphilis was in Europe and Asia Looooong before Columbus . The reason that 1495 epidemic got so much press was simply that....press! The newly invented printing press cranked out news.....which had been unavailable before.

In fairness, there is also lots of evidence of syphilis in the New World as well before the Colombian exchange. Bottom line.....we have no proof it was not everywhere all that time.
Well since this thread took a turn into history. Some of y'all might not recognize the significance of this date.

If you live in the Americas, today marks the 571st anniversary of one of the most momentous days in Western History. The Fall of Constantinople on May 29th 1453, triggered a series of events that eventually led to Columbus sailing west and the Discovery of the New World. Absent the Ottoman conquest of the Byzantine Empire, Portugal and Spain likely remain European backwaters, content to get their luxury items from the East via the traditional Venetian and Genoese merchants who dealt with the Byzantines and the Turks alike. With the Fall of Constantinople however, the ancient Silk Road trade route was severed to Western Christendom.

The subsequent jizya (tax) imposed on trade by the new Muslim overlords of Constantinople, eventually gave Europeans like Columbus the impetus to consider alternative trade routes with the Far East and South Asia.
Fast forward 39 years and Europeans are feeling the effects of the higher taxes on trade and the cost of shipping trade goods from the Far East to Western Europe. These costs fell heavily on those Europeans located the farthest from Constantinople, which means the French, the English, the Spanish and the Portuguese. At the time, Spain and Portugal were comparative European backwaters, and generally poorer than their European neighbors. The Fall of Constantinople had also reminded Christian Europe that while Islam had been stymied in the West, where Isabella and Ferdinand were then fully engaged in the Reconquista, at the end of the 15th Century, in the East, what had once been one of the great cities of Christendom remained in Islamic hands. This was a situation that devout Christians were determined to remedy, but while they had the necessary zeal, they lacked cohesion of planning and financial means.

Isabella particularly and Ferdinand generally wanted to find a way to retake Jerusalem. It was felt that it might be necessary to reconquer Constantinople in order to provide easier access to The Holy Land. To do so would require enormous commitments of money and manpower. Isabella and Ferdinand were devout Catholics who believed that retaking Jerusalem would virtually guarantee their seats in Heaven while also satisfying their more earthly objective of smiting the infidel Musselmen. Isabella was shrewd enough to realize that if Columbus could find a new route to Asia and cut out the Muslim and Italian middlemen, not only would Spain reap the benefits of not having to pay onerous shipping rates and taxes, she would also profit from any valuables that Columbus might discover in his travels. If this gamble paid off, then Isabella and Ferdinand would realize the wealth they needed to continue the conflict with Islam and that is the main reason that Spain financed Columbus' voyage.

The ever present conflict between Islam and Christendom gave the Spanish Conquistadors all the motive in the world that they needed to go forth and win souls for the Christian faith. I use the example of Columbus' voyage to explain to my students in US History, why context in history matters, and why they aren't in social studies anymore....

Well since this thread took a turn into history. Some of y'all might not recognize the significance of this date.

If you live in the Americas, today marks the 571st anniversary of one of the most momentous days in Western History. The Fall of Constantinople on May 29th 1453, triggered a series of events that eventually led to Columbus sailing west and the Discovery of the New World. Absent the Ottoman conquest of the Byzantine Empire, Portugal and Spain likely remain European backwaters, content to get their luxury items from the East via the traditional Venetian and Genoese merchants who dealt with the Byzantines and the Turks alike. With the Fall of Constantinople however, the ancient Silk Road trade route was severed to Western Christendom.

The subsequent jizya (tax) imposed on trade by the new Muslim overlords of Constantinople, eventually gave Europeans like Columbus the impetus to consider alternative trade routes with the Far East and South Asia.
Fast forward 39 years and Europeans are feeling the effects of the higher taxes on trade and the cost of shipping trade goods from the Far East to Western Europe. These costs fell heavily on those Europeans located the farthest from Constantinople, which means the French, the English, the Spanish and the Portuguese. At the time, Spain and Portugal were comparative European backwaters, and generally poorer than their European neighbors. The Fall of Constantinople had also reminded Christian Europe that while Islam had been stymied in the West, where Isabella and Ferdinand were then fully engaged in the Reconquista, at the end of the 15th Century, in the East, what had once been one of the great cities of Christendom remained in Islamic hands. This was a situation that devout Christians were determined to remedy, but while they had the necessary zeal, they lacked cohesion of planning and financial means.

Isabella particularly and Ferdinand generally wanted to find a way to retake Jerusalem. It was felt that it might be necessary to reconquer Constantinople in order to provide easier access to The Holy Land. To do so would require enormous commitments of money and manpower. Isabella and Ferdinand were devout Catholics who believed that retaking Jerusalem would virtually guarantee their seats in Heaven while also satisfying their more earthly objective of smiting the infidel Musselmen. Isabella was shrewd enough to realize that if Columbus could find a new route to Asia and cut out the Muslim and Italian middlemen, not only would Spain reap the benefits of not having to pay onerous shipping rates and taxes, she would also profit from any valuables that Columbus might discover in his travels. If this gamble paid off, then Isabella and Ferdinand would realize the wealth they needed to continue the conflict with Islam and that is the main reason that Spain financed Columbus' voyage.

The ever present conflict between Islam and Christendom gave the Spanish Conquistadors all the motive in the world that they needed to go forth and win souls for the Christian faith. I use the example of Columbus' voyage to explain to my students in US History, why context in history matters, and why they aren't in social studies anymore....
I knew the part about seeking trade routes to the west because of the fall of (now) Istanbul...but I THOUGHT part of it had to do with the Holy Roman Empire and the Hapsburgs and Charles V and all that. They didn't want to continue to cede power to those cats.

Also- I'm in the market for a place in Europe and after thumbing through (literally) a thousand listings- I've learned a few things.

1. Realestate over there isn't like it is over here.
2. You can pick up a 16th century castle in France with 15,000 Sq feet, a moat, and 5 hectares for about a million five.
3. If you want to know when the country came into money- just look at when all the castles were built.

It's fascinating to see this BOOM of castles being built during certain periods in France, Belgium, Spain and Portugal. And then "poof" all the extravagant building stops for a hundred or two hundred years.

Reactions: okiehorn
I knew the part about seeking trade routes to the west because of the fall of (now) Istanbul...but I THOUGHT part of it had to do with the Holy Roman Empire and the Hapsburgs and Charles V and all that. They didn't want to continue to cede power to those cats.

Also- I'm in the market for a place in Europe and after thumbing through (literally) a thousand listings- I've learned a few things.

1. Realestate over there isn't like it is over here.
2. You can pick up a 16th century castle in France with 15,000 Sq feet, a moat, and 5 hectares for about a million five.
3. If you want to know when the country came into money- just look at when all the castles were built.

It's fascinating to see this BOOM of castles being built during certain periods in France, Belgium, Spain and Portugal. And then "poof" all the extravagant building stops for a hundred or two hundred years.
Clob

While you are looking for real estate, I suggest you also look into the local gun laws of the area. Europe aint Texas when it comes to the idea of personal self defense. You could be in for a very lengthy period waiting for permits and such. Also, I am sure you do not need any heads up on the trials and tribulations of trying to have renovations done in quaint villages of beautiful Europe......hell you even have to check out how to move and how much money you can move in and out of your country of choice. I suspect you already have that worked out....

Hey Freeper....wasnt it the 2nd Crusade that seemed to only get as far as attacking the Byzantine empire?

Clob

While you are looking for real estate, I suggest you also look into the local gun laws of the area. Europe aint Texas when it comes to the idea of personal self defense. You could be in for a very lengthy period waiting for permits and such. Also, I am sure you do not need any heads up on the trials and tribulations of trying to have renovations done in quaint villages of beautiful Europe......hell you even have to check out how to move and how much money you can move in and out of your country of choice. I suspect you already have that worked out....
I have.

I've got some relationships with the Gendarme in France- from way back-
In Portugal I've got relationships with the private company in charge of issuing Visas for land/home owners in Portugal from other countries.
The French require you use suppressors on your rifles when hunting- and if you live in the country- it's basically a requirement that you own a shotgun to keep foxes and wild boar off your land and away from your farm animals.

Also- when you ship a container over there, it's REALLY easy to disassemble Glocks and AR's and spread their pieces around to make them impossible to detect. I've got a lamp post that doubles as an AR barrel.....

Reactions: DHHorn
I have.

I've got some relationships with the Gendarme in France- from way back-
In Portugal I've got relationships with the private company in charge of issuing Visas for land/home owners in Portugal from other countries.
The French require you use suppressors on your rifles when hunting- and if you live in the country- it's basically a requirement that you own a shotgun to keep foxes and wild boar off your land and away from your farm animals.

Also- when you ship a container over there, it's REALLY easy to disassemble Glocks and AR's and spread their pieces around to make them impossible to detect. I've got a lamp post that doubles as an AR barrel.....
Oh damn!! Clob just sent the 9.95ers into a panic attack talking about hypothetically shipping firearms to a foreign country.

Oh damn!! Clob just sent the 9.95ers into a panic attack talking about hypothetically shipping firearms to a foreign country.
You'd be surprised how easy it is to get weapons into western Europe. Just look at what the hadjis did.

Hey c'mon gang covid is the real deal. I followed all the instructions. Took 2 shots acquired and then I took it again 3 months later.

But my niece who has stage 4 breast cancer got it and it spread . She didn't have an immune system. I was out for a week and it wasn't any fun. Like I said it's the real deal.
Quote ReplyReport

Quote Reply
Report •••

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT