ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 expansion “done deal

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
Reports are out that Houston, BYU, Cincinnati, UCF will all apply this week for membership and be accepted as soon as Friday. Expected to join by 2023.

I would expect if this goes down as plan the next domino would be Texas and OU cut a deal with the big 12 to either leave in 2022, or 2023

Reactions: texas sixty nine
Reports are out that Houston, BYU, Cincinnati, UCF will all apply this week for membership and be accepted as soon as Friday. Expected to join by 2023.

I would expect if this goes down as plan the next domino would be Texas and OU cut a deal with the big 12 to either leave in 2022, or 2023

I thought this was our last hoorah in the Big 12 and we will be in SEC next season

Reactions: dcervantesjr
Good for the remaining 8. Best of success fellas. We'll be in the SEC next year. Can't wait.

I really like the addition of BYU, UCF, Cinci, and Houston. Makes a lot of sense. I don't like the geography of UCF/BYU, but all are good solid all around programs. These are some of the best group5 teams. Geographically, Memphis is better than UCF, especially if KU doesn't bolt. However, UCF probably a little better football addition.

The basketball looks good. Baylor, KU, Houston, Tech and Cinci. The new Big 12 is going to be better than any Group 5 conference out there.

I think they need to add some more time zones and terrible travel for every sport. Provo to Orlando to Cincy. Gotta love it.

• Haha
Reactions: toran
I think it very well may be. Although everyone is playing it close to the vest right now for legal reasons. If it’s not next year It will be in 2023 IMO
It was supposed to be 2023 until aggy/John Sharp leaked in to try to stop it.
The leak may have killed CFP expansion.

It was supposed to be 2023 until aggy/John Sharp leaked in to try to stop it.
The leak may have killed CFP expansion.
It didn’t kill CFP expansion. Might of delayed it but it didn’t kill it CFP expansion will happen

I really like the addition of BYU, UCF, Cinci, and Houston. Makes a lot of sense. I don't like the geography of UCF/BYU, but all are good solid all around programs. These are some of the best group5 teams. Geographically, Memphis is better than UCF, especially if KU doesn't bolt. However, UCF probably a little better football addition.

The basketball looks good. Baylor, KU, Houston, Tech and Cinci. The new Big 12 is going to be better than any Group 5 conference out there.
And you know adding UCF, and Cincy, would be great for WV somebody in their time zone.

Reactions: westx
If you haven't already, go check some of our "neighbors" boards. They are some of the most hateful ungrateful pieces of crap on this side of aggy animal husbandry. The hate was bad before the SEC deal and it was unbearable with Mack, Charlie, and Mensa stinking up the place but it's become murderous since the SEC deal imo.... I think we have a good opportunity to make it to the b12 championship game this year with a solid coaching staff. I am not expecting perfection, especially with the long knives out at our away games. TCU, ISU, Baylol, WVU. Two of those games have the potential to end up losses especially with b12 officiating. Our main problem is our OL. Teams are going to stack the box, zone our receivers, and blitz. I know that Sark knows how to beat these schemes. Let's hope Card and our wr's learn fast.

Last edited:
So glad to finally be leaving this dump.

And I’m especially glad we’ve finally shed all of the ungrateful, backstabbing in-state barnacles whose athletics programs we’ve been subsidizing for decades. I hope they all rot.
Thanks for subsidizing BU's national basketball title, I guess. Couldn't have done it without you??

Reactions: outhereincali
All the teams were approved today. Apperently Texas and OU didn’t vote despite being allowed to. Might give an indication on their thinking regarding when they plan to exit

All the teams were approved today. Apperently Texas and OU didn’t vote despite being allowed to. Might give an indication on their thinking regarding when they plan to exit
Well Cincinnati will bring a big city to the Big XII but I don't know if they they can bring a presence in the ratings. I mean tOSU has got that state locked down. However they have a top notch coach in Luke Fickell. And they went to the Peach Bowl lost on a last play 52 yard fg. If they can hang in to LF they could be the dominant team in the Big XII. IMO they are the best addition to the new Big XII.

The previous BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall was pushing hard for the Big XII when he blew out TX a couple of times he thought they would go to the Big XII but by BYU wouldn't do it so he left for VA. In the Mormon church Sunday is meant to stay home and be with your family and that's why they declined a few years ago. fb wouldn't have been a problem but the other sports would have. Finally they changed their minds so this is a big upgrade for them it's about time. It might surprise you to know they always do well on TV.

I really don't know much about UCF but it is in Orlando which is another big city. Hey if you're somebody like Baylor you can go to Orlando hang out at Disney world a couple of days and go to the game.

WV is one of the big winners in this. They now have 2 teams in their time zone.

And Houston? Well if you're TT you're probably excited they're in the Big XII now.

I hope this works out for them.

HookemHorns

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
If you haven't already, go check some of our "neighbors" boards. They are some of the most hateful ungrateful pieces of crap on this side of aggy animal husbandry. The hate was bad before the SEC deal and it was unbearable with Mack, Charlie, and Mensa stinking up the place but it's become murderous since the SEC deal imo.... I think we have a good opportunity to make it to the b12 championship game this year with a solid coaching staff. I am not expecting perfection, especially with the long knives out at our away games. TCU, ISU, Baylol, WVU. Two of those games have the potential to end up losses especially with b12 officiating. Our main problem is our OL. Teams are going to stack the box, zone our receivers, and blitz. I know that Sark knows how to beat these schemes. Let's hope Card and our wr's learn fast.
Nueces you're no one talk. Long before the SEC announcement you always had something nasty to say about every school. And wth are you doing going on teams boards. As a matter of principle I never go there why should I the final score is all I need.

Nueces you're no one talk. Long before the SEC announcement you always had something nasty to say about every school. And wth are you doing going on teams boards. As a matter of principle I never go there why should I the final score is all I need.
Every school? Are you sure? Maybe you are remembering Sholz?

Really enjoyed bomb. That was what, almost 5 years ago? He probably was the reason I started paying attention to this site.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
And Houston? Well if you're TT you're probably excited they're in the Big XII now.

Most Tech fans absolutely hate the addition of UH, as far as I can tell — and with good reason. In the short term, elevating UH will likely come at a net cost to Tech, as well as the other Texas schools and OSU.

In the long term, Tech and OSU also don’t need any more competitors if (or when) there is further consolidation of power conferences and programs. They’re stuck at the kids’ table for now, and it’s certainly not in their interest to help any other program grow into a more attractive candidate for a spot in a power conference.

Really enjoyed bomb. That was what, almost 5 years ago? He probably was the reason I started paying attention to this site.
I remember that about 90% of his posts were directed at aggy. He was obsessed.

What is up with KU. Are they in or out? If KU leaves, the biggest loser is the Baylor basketball program. Other than that, I think it will be a solid top to bottom conference. I really like it

What is up with KU. Are they in or out? If KU leaves, the biggest loser is the Baylor basketball program. Other than that, I think it will be a solid top to bottom conference. I really like it
They certainly don’t sound like they are “in”. Their AD yesterday was like “well we’re keeping our options open.” Maybe that’s why rumor came out yesterday or the big 12 also adding Memphis and Bosie down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT