ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Practice

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Made you look.

I haven't been. Too busy. Any of you chuckle heads heard anything?

apparently they ae holding workouts at area 51 or NSA headquarters because as far as I know they havnt started workouts....Maybe finals have kept em all busy. Hell....all the coaches have been on the recruiting trail.

They started saturday with a walk through coordinator only practice and passed out new sugar bowl gear. Had Monday off like normal and first practice was yesterday I believe

Can someone help me get this damned ol' fish hook out of my mouth....gawdamned @clob94 suckered me in....

Okay Clob, I will let this one slide, but if you do this again, I'm going to Austin and finding some fat coed and stealing her dildo and going out to Gruene and beating you to death with it, then I'm shoving it in your mouth for when the police find your cold dead Vaseline covered body. :D

Reactions: freeper
Okay Clob, I will let this one slide, but if you do this again, I'm going to Austin and finding some fat coed and stealing her dildo and going out to Gruene and beating you to death with it, then I'm shoving it in your mouth for when the police find your cold dead Vaseline covered body. :D
Man that's a lot of thought into this...can't be the first time! :)

Reactions: compogiannisn
They are practicing!! Putting Horns on the Bulldog!

Hook'em

I'm not making this up. Yesterday my wife and I were driving through Sacramento and a golden retriever was sitting in the back of a truck wearing sunglasses. Not only that they stayed on. One of the smartest things my father ever told me was if you live long enough you'll see just about everything. He's right.

Last edited:
(From Anwar)

Texas sophomore quarterback Sam Ehlinger addressed the media earlier this week. Here is what he said during that interview:

--- Ehlinger described Georgia’s defense as extremely talented. In addition, he said, “They sign top recruits every year. Coach [Kirby] Smart has done a good job of creating a winning culture there. Obviously, they’ve competed with some of the best teams in the nation. They are one of the best teams in the nation. I think they’re big and physical up front. They move well in the back end, and they’re very talented all over the place.”

--- Ehlinger said it took a little longer than usual to get over the loss to Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship Game: “Every loss sucks. Obviously, getting that far, making it to our goal, but not being able to finish stings a little bit. As much of competitors as we are, we need to take a step and realize what we did this year when the past couple of years, no one would have ever mentioned our name in that contention.”

--- When asked about his shoulder, Ehlinger said it feels great. He said the AC joint is as close to 100 percent as it has ever been. Now, it is just a matter of getting muscles that were overcompensating for the injury back to 100 percent.

--- Ehlinger said nobody cares in the building cares about being labeled an underdog. He said whenever Texas plays its best, his team has a chance against anybody.

--- Ehlinger on his reflections since Oklahoma: “I think a good amount. I think when you have time off like that, you’re able to kind of reflect because you’re not as busy, you’re not as focused on preparing for a team, or anything like that. So, you get to take a step back and realize some of the things you’ve improved on. I looked at some of our offensive statistics comparatively to 2017, and in almost every category, we improved. Obviously, in winning, we improved. It’s just a lot of positive things. We all want to win. Everybody wants to win, but it’s sometimes good to take a step back and realize you’re heading in the right direction. It implies more confidence in your program and yourself to know all the hard work we’re putting in is taking us in the right direction.”

--- Ehlinger said the team is not using the loss against Oklahoma as fuel. Instead, the Longhorns view it as they had opportunities, but hurt themselves. The team’s main goal is preparing to play against Georgia.

--- Ehlinger on what a win against Georgia would mean for the program: “It would be great. Obviously, they are one of the top teams in the country. If we’re able to win, that would be incredible for us as a team, just knowing that we put in so much work together, and give us great motivation going into next year, and understanding that we can compete and beat the top teams in the nation. Having that with us during the offseason would build a lot of momentum for next year.”

--- Ehlinger on the difference between last year’s bowl preparation and getting ready for the Sugar Bowl: “I would say there are a lot of things different with this team going into this bowl season than last year. Last year, we had a couple of [juniors] that weren’t going to be playing, so, it was more like we have to buckle down and count on our team. We hadn’t had the best end to our season. We didn’t make it to the Big 12 Championship. We didn’t close out some of the game that we should have. I think the last game of the year was kind of our way of sending the seniors out on a positive note. This year, we’ve done some really good things. We’re a very confident team. We understand that when we play really well, we surprise ourselves. For us, right now, we understand that we have a brilliant opportunity to continue to prove to ourselves that if we play really well, we can compete with these types of teams, where ultimately Texas needs to be.”

--- Ehlinger on this game: “You and I both know there is a ton of hype around the SEC. Always is. Always will be. Alabama has earned a ton of hype because all they do is win, and they have consistently for a couple of years now. I saw a stat that said they [Georgia] were beating [Alabama] in 90-something percent of the snaps, but they lost both competitions. Also, just to see what they’ve done all season to teams, and done well. Watching them play Oklahoma last year, and how fun that game was, a Big 12 vs. SEC game, it’s just a really fun environment. Like all bowl games, just to be able to play a team you’re not used to playing. Obviously, they’re a very great program, but it says something when you don’t play them regularly, and y’all both have good seasons. Georgia is just such an incredible school. Everybody has friends that go there. It’s just going to be a very fun environment. I think we’re all looking forward to it, and we’re all excited to be able to have this opportunity.”

I saw a stat that said they [Georgia] were beating [Alabama] in 90-something percent of the snaps, but they lost both competitions.

Is Sam reading clob's stats on OB? I just made myself laugh a little.

Dang, I just saw this today because the thread was bumped. Note to self, NEVER get on Sonofwasatch's bad side!

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT