ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks after game was….

Man, I really just came on here to see if you guys had a report on Brooks. I hate it for the kid. He's a great athlete with a great future. You hate to see injuries derail a kid's season at all.
Here's to a quick and speedy recovery. Hopefully it's not as bad as it has sounded.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Man, I really just came on here to see if you guys had a report on Brooks. I hate it for the kid. He's a great athlete with a great future. You hate to see injuries derail a kid's season at all.
Here's to a quick and speedy recovery. Hopefully it's not as bad as it has sounded.
He's done. Or at least that's what I'm hearing.

Crap. I hate that for him.

Worst part of the game, injuries. I know it's an inevitability, but still.

Did anybody get confirmation as to whether it was a dirty play by the TCU defender?

Baxter isn't a 5 star talent. He drops at first contact. Why Sark hates J Blue escapes me but now Blue is his only answer. I would add that the walk on 'Woods' is a slasher like Blue and looks better than Baxter. Texas will lose the next 2 games if Baxter gets the majority of the carries.

Reactions: westx
Baxter isn't a 5 star talent. He drops at first contact. Why Sark hates J Blue escapes me but now Blue is his only answer. I would add that the walk on 'Woods' is a slasher like Blue and looks better than Baxter. Texas will lose the next 2 games if Baxter gets the majority of the carries.
I was also totally against giving the freshman any minutes only because he hasn’t done anything to deserve them. I lightened my rhetoric after watching him against KSt. He actually ran with some authority and desire that game. Yesterday, it appeared he is back to his freshman self.

I was also totally against giving the freshman any minutes only because he hasn’t done anything to deserve them. I lightened my rhetoric after watching him against KSt. He actually ran with some authority and desire that game. Yesterday, it appeared he is back to his freshman self.
The scoop is he doesn't like contact. Literally, does not like contact.

He’s a freshman. He’s not physically ready right now. Give him a good offseason in the strength and conditioning program and he’s gonna be a hell of a player. Hopefully Blue gets some carries. He’s a hell of a player and has great speed.

The scoop is he doesn't like contact. Literally, does not like contact.
The scoop is backed up by real objective evidence because it shows. It could be partially due to a “freshman thing”. Players are so much bigger, faster and stronger at any college level. If he is that kind of player, then a year at this level of cometition might be the only thing he needs to adjust. I personally would be no different. No shame in it.

It was subtle, but on the orangebloods post game show they thought there was a posibility that that defender rolled it over intentionally. I saw the replay and it didn’t look horrible but I guess it was possible. I was just wondering if there was anybody reporting it

It was subtle, but on the orangebloods post game show they thought there was a posibility that that defender rolled it over intentionally. I saw the replay and it didn’t look horrible but I guess it was possible. I was just wondering if there was anybody reporting it
That's what it looked like to me last night. Just at the end of the tackle, the defender gave the leg a twist after Brooks was on the ground.

Reactions: westx
Didn't Jahdae Barron also hobble off the field towards the end of the game? Haven't seen anything about his possible injury.

jahdae is a warrior, but he's being held together with bubble gum and bailng wire right now. he's always gonna give it his best to be out there, but it's gonna be touchy for the rest of the season

Reactions: JustAHorn88
Man that’s so awful for Brooks. He was a sure fire early round draft pick and now with the ACL he’s gonna have to miss the combine and everything. I hate that for the kid. He’s such a warrior and I have so much respect for the way he sat behind Bijan and Roschon and didn’t transfer out.

Man that’s so awful for Brooks. He was a sure fire early round draft pick and now with the ACL he’s gonna have to miss the combine and everything. I hate that for the kid. He’s such a warrior and I have so much respect for the way he sat behind Bijan and Roschon and didn’t transfer out.
it’s a shame he even had to play in the second half but that’s another story

Jonathan Brooks appears to be a tremendous young man on and off the field. He worked so hard for this chance and when he had it he played great it's a shame he was injured like this. He also has tattoo of his father about the day of house passing he was only 19 years old. I hope the best for him.

Now it's time for Baxter and Blue to grow some hair under their peaches. And now that I think about it Ewers is a capable runner.

Jonathan Brooks appears to be a tremendous young man on and off the field. He worked so hard for this chance and when he had it he played great it's a shame he was injured like this. He also has tattoo of his father about the day of house passing he was only 19 years old. I hope the best for him.

Now it's time for Baxter and Blue to grow some hair under their peaches. And now that I think about it Ewers is a capable runner.
That's a no from me on Ewers running, unless he wants to have shoulder surgery.

I assume that Keikan Robinson will be getting the bulk of the carries now how you trust Baxter or Blue? Go with a guy who's not afraid of contact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT