Can Confidence Be Restored?

40Acres74

Orangefan for life!!!!!
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Centerville, OH
My brother texted me an hour before the game.... He asked how my confidence was about the game.

I said, "if we play good in all phases, we'll cover and win... if we play great in all phases, we'll run away with it... if we struggle in any phase, it'll get hairy."

He said, "that's a lot of confidence." I said, "no reason not to be. If this team is what I think it is, they'll handle business."

Never in my mind did I envision a scenario where this team would struggle in all phases. Now, if an "Attaboy" was to be given, my vote would be for the defense. For all the challenges they faced, I think they held up well. Giving up 30 points will never be looked upon as a "good performance" but it probably could have been worse.

No need to belabor the details. We all witnessed that shit show and saw our sobriety go from bad to worse (at least I did). So, here I am today, wondering how I can restore my confidence in this team. Was this needed? Did we need to get our asses handed to us to level-set expectations? Was it a "too good to be true" scenario? I do, truly, believe in this team... just didn't think we'd see a performance as poor as that.

OK, got it off my chest. If you read this far, thank you for your time. HOOK EM!

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.