ADVERTISEMENT

Car dudes … A/C issues after replacing my battery?

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Got an oil change on my truck about a month ago. They told me I needed to keep an eye on my battery. Didn’t think much of it since I hadn’t had any issues and the battery was maybe 18 months old.

Got my truck inspected last week and they recommended I replace my battery. I went to Walmart where I bought the battery. They’re going to replace it under warranty but wouldn’t have a battery in until this Tuesday. Told them my son was driving my truck to the beach so I wasn’t crazy about waiting but they said things would be fine, the battery still had plenty of juice. I figured they were right since I’d been driving it with no issues.

Fast forward to this weekend and my daughter drove my truck to the beach (son got Covid .. while other conversation). Sure enough, the damn thing wouldn’t start on Saturday. She and my wife were able to get it jumped. Wife drove it to Walmart in Aransas Pass the next morning. They replaced the battery but as soon as she drove it out of Walmart she noticed the AC was no longer blowing cool air. She went back to Walmart but they basically (politely) told her to pound sand.

Anyone ever head of this? I’ll be dealing with getting it fixed when they get home today. Was wondering if some of you auto guys might know of an explanation on why changing the battery would cause the AC to suddenly not blow cold air? Fuse replacement? Bad battery? Computer reset?

• Wow
Reactions: PaulieD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News