ADVERTISEMENT

CDC meeting with the players and Herman ----

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Did not go as well as hoped. Just got a text saying that it wasn't completely resolved and the players were asked to stay after the game for the Eyes---- but it appears the level of confidence of them actually doing it is uncertain.

That is all.

Did not go as well as hoped. Just got a text saying that it wasn't completely resolved and the players were asked to stay after the game for the Eyes---- but it appears the level of confidence of them actually doing it is uncertain.

That is all.

Then check their stuff in and transfer....

I don't think CDC a threat anymore fro what I have seen...

Man this is just pathetic..........

Any man knows you just don't hope a problem away. You set limits and expectations, then you follow up accordingly.

This can't end well...........

It's burning. Hermie is going to throw gas on the fire for sure. I have read that TPTB are looking for dirt on Hermie so that they can terminate without paying contract. This is going to be #4 total rebuild in 10 years.

Meh, it doesn't matter. This team is not good. Might as well turn this into a legitimate private business enterprise. This time do it right. Have the BMD's create a chain of command and remove the administrators from any real authority.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!

That is all.

Has the University removed the crt department yet?

I like this approach. Drastic transparent measures like this much better than superficial agreements (appeasements).
If there is a short term fallout....so be it.

The UT program is not racist. If some players think it is, they can leave.

I have had a 180 degree turnaround on this issue.

Reactions: freeper
Well maybe I can get tickets to the ISU game cheap now ;)

My wife has never been and I was hoping we could this year...............and I'm cheap so here is to saying "so you're saying there's a chance" ;)

Reactions: clob94
I like this approach. Drastic transparent measures like this much better than superficial agreements (appeasements).
If there is a short term fallout....so be it.

The UT program is not racist. If some players think it is, they can leave.

I have had a 180 degree turnaround on this issue.
I get it. It's one the to run around being blatantly racist. It's another thing to do your level best and still fall short in the eyes of the nit pickers.

It's a totally different scenario when you know you're not racist but being forced to pay for things from the past that had zero to do with you.

There's some guilty feeling people in this world.

I have read that TPTB are looking for dirt on Hermie so that they can terminate without paying contract.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Tommy doesn't have the old coach grit to draw a line in the sand & put his foot down so he'll side with the ill-informed kiddos to maintain his "wokeness." The failure to comply will render his contract null & void by his own choices, not by his disappointing product on the field.

Bring on the bad press and lawsuits. We already lost stature & respect so who really cares about mud flinging.

Reactions: Lampasas
Our next coach may be ...... Sonny Dykes. His dad was the oline coach at Texas under Royal. His dad was successful at Tech which is hard to do. He was an understudy of his dad and Mike Leach. He failed at Cal but he has had great success at SMU. He understands offense 10x beter than Herman. I know him. He's a good guy.

Our next coach may be ...... Sonny Dykes. His dad was the oline coach at Texas under Royal. His dad was successful at Tech which is hard to do. He was an understudy of his dad and Mike Leach. He failed at Cal but he has had great success at SMU. He understands offense 10x beter than Herman. I know him. He's a good guy.

I'm afraid the next coach will be someone incredibly desperate, or just wants several million to throw in the bank.

You know, we all (well most of us) love Texas football, but at the end of the day, it is just entertainment and nothing more. It has no affect on our lives outside of giving us something to enjoy on Saturdays and talk about during the week.

Life goes on, even after the Horns lose.

You know, we all (well most of us) love Texas football, but at the end of the day, it is just entertainment and nothing more. It has no affect on our lives outside of giving us something to enjoy on Saturdays and talk about during the week.

Life goes on, even after the Horns lose.

Exactly. And I have other things that can entertain me for a time.

Boosters are rescinding donations.

Insert dumpster fire gif

giphy.gif

Hey Coach Herman!

Take a ride down IH-35 to San Marcos. Go look at their stadium. Now keep telling us that Texas is at crossroads you childish, shooting the bird, punk and you will be happy to coach as an Assistant at Texas State in a few weeks. You are sooo lucky there are not 100,000 fans at the games right now or the boos will cause you permanent deafness you immature non-discipline wannabe head coach. Do not think the virus will go on forever because we will make sure you understand that this is our Texas way before you came along and it will be our Texas long after you are gone!!!

Agreed. While my entire family are UT alumni, we never considered sending either of our kids there. I am really sad about it.
Yes, I agree, The University has changed. But, it's still a great school. What has changed, is the city of Austin. Still has nice places, but it's just not the same that I remember in the 70's. Me, being an old fart, I avoid Austin and its traffic/I35 like the plague

Yes, I agree, The University has changed. But, it's still a great school. What has changed, is the city of Austin. Still has nice places, but it's just not the same that I remember in the 70's. Me, being an old fart, I avoid Austin and its traffic/I35 like the plague
The Stallion with CFS was awesome, saw your signature line. I remember AquaFest in Austin with the anchor pins and BIG O on Congress doing commercials. F the new Austin with homeless taking over and needles on the ground. I hope the entire City Council steps on a heroin Aids needle, seriously. They do not care about the students safety or people being stuck in traffic or homeless garbage flying everywhere. They have made our lives as miserable as they can. F them all, lean short and tall.

I can't believe that The University allowed 2 employees to do this level of irreversible damage. Think of the potential long term ramifications to the revenue stream that is Texas Football, if the players dig their heels in on this. "Texas is racist" will become the new recruiting pitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT