ADVERTISEMENT

Chad Morris

murphdog82

Nov 27, 2012
Right when we think we're making progress. We're the fans who fill (or don't fill) the seats.... Ultimately it's
us who decides if our coach stays or is let go. Today's showing was beyond unacceptable. Wasn't expecting a win but 50-7 should never happen at Texas. Let's make a change. (Anticipating ban).

Right when we think we're making progress. We're the fans who fill (or don't fill) the seats.... Ultimately it's
us who decides if our coach stays or is let go. Today's showing was beyond unacceptable. Wasn't expecting a win but 50-7 should never happen at Texas. Let's make a change. (Anticipating ban).
Agreed

I know Metcalf will hate me but the best one out there imo is Art Briles. We need someone that can lock down the state of Texas in recruiting!

Jim harbaugh...... oh wait..... I forgot..... our now unemployed AD said "Jim harbaugh will NEVER leave San Francisco."

Jon Gruden.

Texas is no longer prepared physically to compete,nor mentally and it all starts with the head coach giving directions.It all starts with a plan from the head coach with great examples of Patterson and Briles.

Texas is no longer prepared physically to compete,nor mentally and it all starts with the head coach giving directions.It all starts with a plan from the head coach with great examples of Patterson and Briles.
You mean Asswipe and Douchbag, respectively.

Jim harbaugh...... oh wait..... I forgot..... our now unemployed AD said "Jim harbaugh will NEVER leave San Francisco."

Jon Gruden.

I actually would've had Harbaugh above Saban if I would've thought there was a chance in hell of getting him. I've met the guy. Nothing but respect for him and he's top notch coach and person.

Gruden? Always liked him too. You can bet your ass there'd be no cell phone bullshit with Chuckie around.

I'm ignoring the Art Viles post. Watch it Salado! Lol

Reactions: salado_horn
All I know is I wanted Urban when he was gone from football and as soon Ohio State opened I knew it was his....I guess I didn't pray hard enough.

Chad Morris is the real deal. If we keep trending down and he keeps trending up he'll be a hard candidate to pass up for our next head coach. He's a genius offensively, and used to be high school coach in Texas.

Ya!!!!!!!!!

Chad fvcking morris!!!!!!

Woooooo hoooooooo!

Let's go hire another coach with a tiny resume and no power 5 coaching experience! !!!!!

It's working so mother fvcking good for us now!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm on beer 7.

Ya!!!!!!!!!

Woooooo hoooooooo!

Let's go hire another coach with a tiny resume and no power 5 coaching experience! !!!!!

Sorry, I'm on beer 7.

Only 7? Pfft. Lightweight.

Ya!!!!!!!!!

Woooooo hoooooooo!

Sorry, I'm on beer 7.
Is Clemson not P5.... ?
Highest paid assistant coach in the nation for several years.

Chad Morris is a good coach and will be a power 5 coach pretty soon imo. As will Tom Herman the Houston coach. Chad Morris though is an Aggie. Doubt he gets the job on that alone.

If we were to fire strong which I still say is very unlikely and a bad idea. Even as bad as today was. If we were though this is who i would look at.

John Harbaugh. Rumors were he was open to college ball. Great coach
Rich Rodruigez could come right in and run his system. Unlike what he had at Michigan.
Dabo swiney- 3 straight 10 win seasons at Clemson. Real good shot at a 4th

I have a few others to. I'm not sure he really fits but a guy I've always respected that deserves a shot at a bigger program is pat Fitzgerald at northwestern.

I started with D
Only 7? Pfft. Lightweight.
I started with a Duvel. Then Chimay grand reserve. Then orval. The a delirium tremens. Then saison dupont. Then rochefort. Then maredsous.

I followed that with a delirium nocturnum. And now I'm having a hoegarten.

All Belgian
All 8.5 or higher abv. Metcalf, I'll go beer fir beer with you any time.

The search for a new coach should be a two man race between Mark DeAntonio and Chip Kelly

They are the only two guys with both the resume and skills to bring this program back

The search for a new coach should be a two man race between Mark DeAntonio and Chip Kelly

They are the only two guys with both the resume and skills to bring this program back

I agree those are two guys that need to be on the short list but there is a good chance both of those guys say no. Then where do you go.

I really don't want chip Kelly. D'antonio would be good. A dark horse guy would be Sonny Dykes. Coached under Leach, dad coached under DKR. So some pretty deep Texas roots. Has cal looking pretty good.

Dykes can't coach defense, we don't need another one-sided coach, we need a guy that can get the job done on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: clob94
Dykes can't coach defense, we don't need another one-sided coach, we need a guy that can get the job done on both sides of the ball.

That guy doesn't exist. Every coach in America specializes in one side of the ball. It's more about the talent you recruit and coached you hire. Have you watched a big 12 game or college football in general? Not a lot of defense being played these days

Dabo swinney would be a very solid hire, it if it were possible. Dantonio is great coach, not sure if a spread conference is where he'll want to end up.

That guy doesn't exist. Every coach in America specializes in one side of the ball. It's more abolout the talent you recruit and coached you hire. Have you watched a big 12 game or college football in general? Not a lot of defense being played these days
I will respectfully disagree Ryan. I think Jim Harbaugh has a great offensive mind as well as defensive. Perhaps that comes from the fact he is a coaches son and played QB, so he knows how to break down a defense. And perhaps that skill set is useful to him when designing a defense. Reverse engineering of sorts.

I think his brother is also a good example of a balanced coach. Often times when a school fires a coach, they look for the opposite in their next coach. You fire a bald coach, you hire one with hair--- You fire a loud, mean guy like Bo Pelini, you hire a smile happy guy that every one loves. No need for us to make a full pendulum swing in the opposite direction.

I think it's a bit of a reduction to say that a coach either know offense or defense but not both. You don't get to be a head coach at this level by not understanding half the game. Statistically speaking a high powered offense and a high powered defense aren't going to co-exist, but that doesn't mean all of those coaches that choose a high powered offense don't understand how to coach defense.

I don't remember a coach who was both good at being a D and O coach. The trick to being a successful Head Coach is to know how to delegate authority. Translated, Be good at picking your assistants. They got to know their jobs and also be good at recruiting players to fit what they're trying to implement. Jeez, how many assistants has Strong replaced or reassigned since he got to UT. That's been his undoing, there's been no continuity, none.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT