ADVERTISEMENT

Chances in the SEC

Articles written today that had Bama and A&Ms rosters going into the year. Talent level had closed tremendously. Not saying A&M is there because they aren’t until they win, but the number of 5 stars and highly rated 4 stars are not as wide as they were.

Biggest difference is that Georgia is always around top 4 and playing for championships. When they don’t get that, it’s different than North Carolina excited to be in an Orange Bowl because they don’t make it there often. Texas hadn’t been to that good of a game in a long time and Georgia missed out on the playoffs. Florida had 3 first round picks not playing and correct me if I’m wrong but Georgia had 11 players out of that game. Not 3rd and 4th round picks…All Americans that were out for several of those. Again, before the game the coaches were struggling to get players to want to play. That was documented well with Georgia. Texas was excited not to be playing in the Alamo Bowl.
Define always and define championships because I don't think either one of those mean what you think they mean.. Florida's defense wasn't missing anybody and were soft as hell. Dude, give credit where credit is due and stop with the "so and so team didn't want to be there", so I guess they wanted to take a loss instead? Total bs. If I'm Aggie I pray I win a Conference Championship this year because once OU and Texas get there those chances decrease exponentially.

Last edited:
Define always and define championships because I don't think either one of those mean what you think they mean..
As in winning the East and playing for conference championships and in the SEC if you win that you are usually ranked #1. You win the Big 12 and you need help to get in many times. Georgia has hovered around the top 4 for a while. Alabama has just been too much for anyone. If OU was in the SEC they would understand that Bama rules the roost. Georgia has been the next big dog.

Sad as it may sound they are the best conference in the country we can't deny that. Right now TX could not beat their big 4 AL, LSU, GA, and FL. And we're even with Auburn and the cow college. I hope I'm wrong about Sarkisian none of us have said he's going to be the man. Right now I see TX as somebody wealthy enough to be invited to the richest country club. But if we haven't gotten any better 10 years from now..... well I don't want to think about that.
If I had to make an assessment right now, this would be closest to where I stand. The main thing now is that Texas needs to focus on winning each game in the Big 12 this season and not look ahead to the SEC. Every team has the ability to beat Texas, except KU. Based on how they do this season, will either give them a little momentum in assessing where we honestly stand and also with recruiting as we head into the SEC. Or, do we go hobbling in with yet another "rebuild"(which last forever at Texas). Too many uncertainties with a new QB, new coaches, and questionable OL/DL. Hopefully, fellow Texas fans aren't expecting an Urban Meyer style one year turn around. Unreasonable short term exceptions can cause things to get ugly fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: freeper
As in winning the East and playing for conference championships and in the SEC if you win that you are usually ranked #1. You win the Big 12 and you need help to get in many times. Georgia has hovered around the top 4 for a while. Alabama has just been too much for anyone. If OU was in the SEC they would understand that Bama rules the roost. Georgia has been the next big dog.
Unfortunately, ou would move into the 2nd spot easily. They are probably only a couple of players away from unseating Alabama.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Articles written today that had Bama and A&Ms rosters going into the year. Talent level had closed tremendously. Not saying A&M is there because they aren’t until they win, but the number of 5 stars and highly rated 4 stars are not as wide as they were.
Typical aggie logic always putting the cart in front of the horse.

Bullshit!....what the daily mail publishes must be made up crap because you never hear a word about those negative Biden stories on the Rachel Madows show.......Fake news I say!
Madcow

If I had to make an assessment right now, this would be closest to where I stand. The main thing now is that Texas just needs to focus on winning each game in the Big 12 this season and not look ahead to the SEC. Every team has the ability to beat Texas, except KU. Based on how they do now, will either give them a little momentum in assessing where we honestly stand and with recruiting as we into the SEC. Or, do we go in hobbling in with yet another "rebuild"(which last forever at Texas). Too many uncertainties with a new QB, new coaches, and questionable OL/DL. Hopefully, fellow Texas fans aren't expecting an Urban Meyer style one year turn around. Unreasonable short term exceptions can cause things to get ugly fast.
Here's what I think about winning each game this season. We aren't just going to have a bullseye on our back this year it's going to be a giant bullseye. It's going to be different this year.

I'm very concerned about TCU and ISU. Look Del Conte was at TCU before he came her. You think.they feel betrayed? Now combine that with beating us 7 out of the last 9 years. And when I mean bullseye I'm thinking they might try to body slam us things like that. Baylor has always been good for at least 1 thug on their defense every year sorry Diadevic.

A&M has beat LSU 2 of the last 3 and A&M is currently better than Texas as well. I would say you are
do you ever look at what you type?...you go to great lengths to explain why Georgia losing doesnt mean anything because they were shot players and did not want to be there. Then you explain that UNC missing players against you didnt matter because they were so excited to be playing you....THEN....you brag about beating LSU last year??? Did LSU even have a full team to suit out against you?

I agree that Texas has sucked and will be second class until we are not. We will see how aggy stacks up against Texas when they start playing. May the best team win.

We crushed Georgia when we played them. They were missing a corner.

Oklahoma crushed Florida. It wasn't even competitive. If you don't want to be there, don't sign up.

Lsu's best team beat an average team of ours by 7. We would've beaten them this past year-- they were bad.

So we're actually just behind, in a considerable way, Alabama. The rest fall under "any given Saturday" as it relates to us.

And being behind Alabama means we're in the same boat as everybody except Clemson and Ohio State.

Biggest difference is that Georgia is always around top 4 and playing for championships. When they don’t get that, it’s different than North Carolina excited to be in an Orange Bowl because they don’t make it there often. Texas hadn’t been to that good of a game in a long time and Georgia missed out on the playoffs. Florida had 3 first round picks not playing and correct me if I’m wrong but Georgia had 11 players out of that game. Not 3rd and 4th round picks…All Americans that were out for several of those. Again, before the game the coaches were struggling to get players to want to play. That was documented well with Georgia. Texas was excited not to be playing in the Alamo Bowl.

North Carolina was so excited they had 6/7 starters opt out. Terrific point BBA, I think you may be on to something, lol.

Georgia did NOT have 11 players out. What the actual shit? LOL.

All I see is an excuse for a soft ass team getting their dick run in the dirt. They're either overrated or weak minded...maybe both.

The only guy I remember that opted out was their hot shot cornerback. I made the argument that he didn't want to affect his draft stock by being lit up by Collin Johnson. But that was it, there could have been another "no name", but nothing significant.

Oklahoma crushed Florida. It wasn't even competitive. If you don't want to be there, don't sign up.
I was embarrassed for Trask. His self serving sell out teammates bailed on him. Left him hung to dry. A truly embarrassing state of affairs for todays game. Bad karma isn't something to fool around with.

North Carolina was so excited they had 6/7 starters opt out. Terrific point BBA, I think you may be on to something, lol.

All I see is an excuse for a soft ass team getting their dick run in the dirt. They're either overrated or weak minded...maybe both.
I felt bad for Mack in the Orange Bowl. We all know that Mack Brown is a great recruiter so he's obviously a persuasive guy. This was the first time North Carolina was in a P6 bowl. But his 3 best players quit on him. Maybe the biggest game in school history but if they ignore a guy like Mack Brown shame on them.

I dont like to see it happen at any school, bu aggy might slow their roll on their expectations until they find out if their projected first string NT will be available for the year....He was arrested Friday for felony drug possession. The bad thing about this is.....how many others does he take down with him?

I dont like to see it happen at any school, bu aggy might slow their roll on their expectations until they find out if their projected first string NT will be available for the year....He was arrested Friday for felony drug possession. The bad thing about this is.....how many others does he take down with him?

Guess NIL wasn't paying the bills...

Oklahoma is going to be good in the SEC. If they were in the conference this year they would be top 4. Obviously Bama is #1 & Georgia is absolutely loaded this year. They would be favored vs all others in my opinion. But could easily trip up at A&M or LSU. Don't expect Auburn or Florida to be good enough in 2021. Ole Miss game would be fun, but OU defense is just better.

Texas would be middle of the pack this year. Texas needs a couple elite classes in 2022 & 2023 and then they'll be fine in a couple years too. Those classes will be huge for the program. I think you guys need to pick up OL recruiting in a big way, but otherwise you always recruit well.

Oklahoma is going to be good in the SEC. If they were in the conference this year they would be top 4. Obviously Bama is #1 & Georgia is absolutely loaded this year. They would be favored vs all others in my opinion. But could easily trip up at A&M or LSU. Don't expect Auburn or Florida to be good enough in 2021. Ole Miss game would be fun, but OU defense is just better.

Texas would be middle of the pack this year. Texas needs a couple elite classes in 2022 & 2023 and then they'll be fine in a couple years too. Those classes will be huge for the program. I think you guys need to pick up OL recruiting in a big way, but otherwise you always recruit well.
You're putting the cart in front of the horse. Again. Those SEC teams you mentioned are dominating. Last season everything was effected by covid. Yes the big 3 were there by but look at everyone else. Nobody could get into a rhythm.

A lot of teams underachieved LSU, and TX and OR among others. But I think there were a lot of teams that may have overachieved. BYU, Coastal Carolina, ISU, the cow college and others.

And OK was not dominating last year. Last year OK played a TX that was unprepared and poorly coached and that's putting it kindly. And yet it took them 4 ot's to win. Matter of fact your 100% kicker didn't just miss a short range fg he shanked it you guys were just as nervous as we were.

I mean 2025 is a long time from now. And as always

HookemHorns

Last edited:
You're putting the cart in front of the horse. Again. Those SEC teams you mentioned are dominating. Last season everything was effected by covid. Yes the big 3 were there by but look at everyone else. Nobody could get into a rhythm.

A lot of teams underachieved LSU, and TX and OR among others. But I think there were a lot of teams that may have overachieved. BYU, Coastal Carolina, ISU, the cow college and others.

And OK was not dominating last year. Last year OK played a TX that was unprepared and poorly coached and that's putting it kindly. And yet it took them 4 ot's to win. Matter of fact your 100% kicker didn't just miss a short range fg he shanked it you guys were just as nervous as we were.

I mean 2025 is a long time from now. And as always

HookemHorns
You've grown on me sumbitch. Your posts remind me of Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder's string of movies. Which, by the way, were hilarious. You go cali! 😂

You've grown on me sumbitch. Your posts remind me of Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder's string of movies. Which, by the way, were hilarious. You go cali! 😂
Dude you got lucky. Sam Ehlinger almost won the game for us single-handedly. By the end of the game OK couldn't stop him it was his teammates that let him down. You're a sooner on a longhorn board making childish put downs. Play a real SEC qb whose teammates don't punk out him on him and then I'll listen.

Dude you got lucky. Sam Ehlinger almost won the game for us single-handedly. By the end of the game OK couldn't stop him it was his teammates that let him down. You're a sooner on a longhorn board making childish put downs. Play a real SEC qb whose teammates don't punk out him on him and then I'll listen.
C'mon Cali. The OU posters not that abusive. Lay maybe a little more forcefull than Bell. So what? Let's stop arguing about QB's. Got the message from MM you guys don't like any of our stars besides maybe Sam and Hurts. No problem. Will see how Sark manages his QBs vs. Riley in a few weeks.

Reactions: oldhorn2
C'mon Cali. The OU posters not that abusive. Lay maybe a little more forcefull than Bell. So what? Let's stop arguing about QB's. Got the message from MM you guys don't like any of our stars besides maybe Sam and Hurts. No problem. Will see how Sark manages his QBs vs. Riley in a few weeks.
The RRR is 60 days away. Who knows maybe the 2 best players in the country will square off that day.

Be there aloha

ADVERTISEMENT