ADVERTISEMENT

Changing coaches for US Soccer isn’t going to matter

Dirty_Franke

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2007
Austin, TX
We’ve been doing this my entire lifetime. To me coaching is obviously not the problem. Our players aren’t good enough. It’s systemic and people should be more vocal about power at the top.

I am a casual international soccer fan but played for 30 years and was all district in high school in central Texas. I know what I’m watching and have 2 daughters going into the select soccer world.

This was supposed to be our golden generation and maybe it still will be but outside of Pulisic, Dest and maybe Reyna and Jedi we just don’t have the horses anywhere else. Our players are robotic, small and largely unathletic. We’re still very young but I don’t see it happening.

So to me there’s something wrong with the developmental path our players travel.

1. It’s expensive to play select soccer which excludes potential stars

2. There are lots of options in our country for athletes obviously

3. We just don’t seem to be developing individual or team play that’s even on par with 3rd world countries in central/south America

To me the coach doesn’t even matter given the above except that consistency is actually pretty important to building a winning organization.

If we want to move forward as a program it has to be boots on the ground finding and developing talent but it still probably doesn’t matter given #1 and #2 above.

Screaming about a coaching change is literally a waste of breath IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News