LonghornMM

Oct 23, 2002
Texas
How do you think it settles out? I've got:

Ohio State
LSU
Clemson
OU/ Baylor or Oregon/Utah

With Ohio State winning the national championship.

tOSU
LSU
Clemson
ou (best chance of winning out with a conference championship). That would give them a conference championship on their resume where Bama can't). Baylor won't win out

Baylor. No one has been tested like the Bears. A triple OT win, a double OT win, a 3rd win on a walk off FG. There is something in the water in Waco, and I’m drinking all of it.

Baylor. No one has been tested like the Bears. A triple OT win, a double OT win, a 3rd win on a walk off FG. There is something in the water in Waco, and I’m drinking all of it.
I will be a full believer if they beat ou next weekend. I think Baylor is a quality team. I like their wins against ISU, OSU, TCU and KSU. It has been unbelievably impressive how they dug themselves out of the scandalous hole they were in. Kudos, man.

Reactions: freeper
So what happens if Georgia and LSU play in the SEC CCG and Georgia beats LSU. Then you have Georgia, LSU and Bama all at one loss. Could get pretty crazy in the near future. I think the 4 team system is still not the right system and can’t wait till maybe one day they incorporate an 8 team playoff.

Another thing I think that should be in place now is if you don’t win your conference then you shouldn’t deserve a shot at the national title.

So they are putting roofies in the water now? That's stepping up their game. ;)

Reactions: AlabamaHorn
So what happens if Georgia and LSU play in the SEC CCG and Georgia beats LSU. Then you have Georgia, LSU and Bama all at one loss. Could get pretty crazy in the near future. I think the 4 team system is still not the right system and can’t wait till maybe one day they incorporate an 8 team playoff.

Another thing I think that should be in place now is if you don’t win your conference then you shouldn’t deserve a shot at the national title.

IMO there should be a provision in the criteria for making the playoff that you have to win your conference to get in. That eliminates having multiple teams from the same conference getting in. Problem solved.

Feels like Clemson is a lock. LSU is pretty much a lock, and Ohio State is really in a good spot. That #4 seed will cause some hurt feelings for sure. Could be Baylor or Georgia or Bama or Utah or Oregon or maybe even Oklahoma. Only way it is clean is if Baylor wins out.

Feels like Clemson is a lock. LSU is pretty much a lock, and Ohio State is really in a good spot. That #4 seed will cause some hurt feelings for sure. Could be Baylor or Georgia or Bama or Utah or Oregon or maybe even Oklahoma. Only way it is clean is if Baylor wins out.

I don't see how the committee can't not put in a one-loss Pac 12 champ, or a one-loss 0U over Alabama. That would be BS, but they're ridiculously biased towards the $EC.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
I don't see how the committee can't not put in a one-loss Pac 12 champ, or a one-loss 0U over Alabama. That would be BS, but they're ridiculously biased towards the $EC.
If Oregon wins the PAC getting beat by Auburn might make things dicey. Since Auburn will have likely been beaten by LSU, Florida, Georgia, and Bama by then. Oregon needs Auburn to beat Bama or Georgia.

Maybe Baylor wins out and makes it easy, but I doubt it. I think the powers that be want college football to be less regional. So I am betting they do whatever gymnastics is required to put in a West coast team. Who few will really believe is a top 4 team, and less will after they play LSU or OSU.

Agree

So what happens if Georgia and LSU play in the SEC CCG and Georgia beats LSU. Then you have Georgia, LSU and Bama all at one loss.
Assuming Baylor doesn't win out, this would seem pretty straight forward.
1) Ohio St
2) Clemson
3) LSU
4) Georgia
And I realize I just said I think the committee would prefer a west coast team. I also don't think Georgia beats LSU, which would change things a lot.

Now if this happened and Baylor won out, I have no idea how they would decide between LSU and Georgia. As Baylor has to get in if undefeated.

Assuming Baylor doesn't win out, this would seem pretty straight forward.
1) Ohio St
2) Clemson
3) LSU
4) Georgia
And I realize I just said I think the committee would prefer a west coast team. I also don't think Georgia beats LSU, which would change things a lot.

Now if this happened and Baylor won out, I have no idea how they would decide between LSU and Georgia. As Baylor has to get in if undefeated.

Georgia isn't going to beat L$U.

Hope it is
Ohio State
Clemson
LSU
Oregon

That would keep Alabama and OU out of the playoffs and that would be a winner.
Ohio State and LSU in the championship game and I would much rather LSU win but I think it will be Ohio State because of their defense.

Reactions: westx
Hope it is
Ohio State
Clemson
LSU
Oregon

That would keep Alabama and OU out of the playoffs and that would be a winner.
Ohio State and LSU in the championship game and I would much rather LSU win but I think it will be Ohio State because of their defense.
I wouldn’t count out Clemson from winning it all

Can someone explain why UGA would be Top 5 when they lost at home to South Carolina?! My Top 4 would be:
LSU
tOSU
Clemson
Oregon

Then
Bama
Minny
Baylor
OU
Utah
UGA

Clemson
LSU
Ohio st
Bama stumbles in the side door drunk

I can't see them putting Bama in over either 0U or Oregon if they finish with one loss and win their conference. Bama played a very weak schedule and didn't even win the division of their conference. This is why there needs to be a provision put in that you have to win your conference to get in the playoff.

Hence why I said "stumbles in the side door drunk".

They probably shouldn't get in but something fvcking stupid will happen and Bama will find a way to un-sh!t the bed.

Reactions: freeper
Looking at the new committee rankings, it seems pretty clear what they are going to do with the 4th spot.

LSU in even if they drop a game

Ohio State could drop a game and probably get in

Clemson in as they almost can't get beat in conference the ACC is a 1 team conference this year

Georgia in if they win out

Alabama in if they win out and Georgia drops a game

I guess the PAC season really did end win Auburn beat Oregon.

Looking at the new committee rankings, it seems pretty clear what they are going to do with the 4th spot.

LSU in even if they drop a game

Ohio State could drop a game and probably get in

Clemson in as they almost can't get beat in conference the ACC is a 1 team conference this year

Georgia in if they win out

Alabama in if they win out and Georgia drops a game

I guess the PAC season really did end win Auburn beat Oregon.

There is no guarantee that LSU is in if they lose this late in the season. They will most likely win out, so they're in, but if they drop a game, they should be out.

Ohio State most likely isn't going to lose, so they're in.

Clemson isn't losing a game, so they're in.

Georgia won't win out, so they're out.

If OU and Oregon win out, one of the two should get the last spot due to them winning their conference.

Alabama shouldn't make it in for not even winning the $EC West, not to mention not winning their conference. Also, their strength of schedule and quality wins is weak.

Here's where it would get fun and interesting, and would be the $EC's worst nightmare, although very unlikely. a&m beats Georgia and LSU. Auburn beats Alabama. Georgia beats LSU in the CCG. All of the top three teams in the conference would have two losses and no team from the $EC would make the CFP. Now THAT would be glorious, lol! :D

Here's where it would get fun and interesting, and would be the $EC's worst nightmare, although very unlikely. a&m beats Georgia and LSU. Auburn beats Alabama. Georgia beats LSU in the CCG. All of the top three teams in the conference would have two losses and no team from the $EC would make the CFP. Now THAT would be glorious, lol! :D
That would be glorious. But I would put A&M's chances of beating Georgia and LSU both on the road in lottery ticket type odds. Baton Rouge at night is the most hostile environment I have ever watched a game, and they are way better on top of that. Maybe we have a chance vs. Georgia. I am not convinced they are elite, but they are better than us.

Now Auburn beating Bama could happen. Auburn's front 7 is the best in the conference. I don't see Georgia beating LSU as likely, but it could happen.

Let's all just agree that LSU is a shitstain on America & I am pulling for anybody but them.

ADVERTISEMENT