ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment: LB Marcus Tillman

Anytime you land an OOS linebacker these days, it is a big deal. We just don't have them in state.

Watched some film on this guy today. I have a buddy that's a coach and he showed me his huddle (hudl) stuff (or what the fvck ever it was). Lateral movement was good. Seems quick. Decent nose for the ball. Stays high when he tries to shuck someone, needs to work on coming downhill to the gap.... BIG TIME. He relies on his speed to get things done. Doesn't like to fill the gap. Likes making tackles. Bit of an individual. The most talented player on his team so he feels the need to make all the plays. He'll have to realize that he's surrounded by equal or better athletes and he HAS to do his job.

Bit of an individual. The most talented player on his team so he feels the need to make all the plays. He'll have to realize that he's surrounded by equal or better athletes and he HAS to do his job.

Accurate breakdown of course, but this part? Seriously, how many superstar HS players can't this be said about?

Accurate breakdown of course, but this part? Seriously, how many superstar HS players can't this be said about?
Offensive guys.

It's mostly relegated to defensive players-- especially linebackers---- but yes, you are correct.

Watched some film on this guy today. I have a buddy that's a coach and he showed me his huddle (hudl) stuff (or what the fvck ever it was). Lateral movement was good. Seems quick. Decent nose for the ball. Stays high when he tries to shuck someone, needs to work on coming downhill to the gap.... BIG TIME. He relies on his speed to get things done. Doesn't like to fill the gap. Likes making tackles. Bit of an individual. The most talented player on his team so he feels the need to make all the plays. He'll have to realize that he's surrounded by equal or better athletes and he HAS to do his job.

Wouldn't he be a tweener in Orlando's system? Meaning one of the LBs that can cover when playing spread teams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT