ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations baseball team but,

EyesOnTexas

Jan 23, 2016
hitting is very sporadic from 4 through 9 and it won't get it done against ranked teams. Same problem last year timely hitting just not there yet.

I agree. Was hoping for a sweep today, but the lack of hitting reared its head again. I like Pierce. He's got to recruit kids who can hit more than singles and after those kids get on campus the staff has got to continue to develop their hitting skills. Offensive productivity has been a problem with UT baseball for a decade now. Hopefully Pierce will get the offense going this year and beyond. It HAS to get better.

3 games into the season and you start a thread like the basketball threads really? Louisiana is in decent conference in baseball don't forget two years ago there was a team from their conference that won it all. I was wanting the sweep but it didn't happen we still won the series. Tcu lost their last game of the series as well and lsu got spanked twice by Notre dame at LSU! So stop with the negative threads man about our sports teams especially when baseball just started!

Robo just smacking fools on the hiney.

At least we don't have Fergie on the team.

It's ok bro.....

3 games into the season and you start a thread like the basketball threads really? Louisiana is in decent conference in baseball don't forget two years ago there was a team from their conference that won it all. I was wanting the sweep but it didn't happen we still won the series. Tcu lost their last game of the series as well and lsu got spanked twice by Notre dame at LSU! So stop with the negative threads man about our sports teams especially when baseball just started!

Yes Robo because if we didn't get the wrong call go our way in second game on stolen base at 2nd we lose that game also! That would be losing a series to a unranked team. I love Texas just stating a fact that hopefully will change as goes on ! I really don't care about other teams performance just Texas. I congratulated them to start thread and said hitting not there yet!!! Yet means hoping it will.

Yes Robo because if we didn't get the wrong call go our way in second game on stolen base at 2nd we lose that game also! That would be losing a series to a unranked team. I love Texas just stating a fact that hopefully will change as goes on ! I really don't care about other teams performance just Texas. I congratulated them to start thread and said hitting not there yet!!! Yet means hoping it will.

Yeah play the what IF game all you want but we won the series! You know why I bring up other teams performances? Cause we have LSU this weeked at their home! ND went in there and took that series again the number 9 team in the nation got spanked by an unranked team. Tcu also ranked lost their last game of the series and guess what? We play them in conference! Louisiana is suppose to win their side of the conference this year they had a record like ours last year but guess what they play in one of those conferences where only 1 team gets a bid and that is winning the conference tourney! You can't base a performance after 3 games! This is baseball not football and we still have a long way to go and that lineup is not fully set yet.

Hook 'Em

Reactions: LonghornMM
Funny you didn't say much to Longhorn MM who basically agreed with op! If Texas don't know who can hit by now after numerous hours practicing guess we will see who is right as season goes on .

Cause MM doesn't make pessimistic threads. 3 games again and doubting. Pierce doesn't have Zubia in the lineup for who knows what reason we know he can hit and crush the ball and so did Louisiana. So don't act as you know what is going on behind the scenes and quit shaking your magic 8 ball and trying to predict the future.

Team batting average .209 and 9 runs in 3 games. Those are facts not opinions. Who said anything about behind the scenes? MM agreed with op thread go read his reply yourself. I didn't predict anything just made a observation after first series .

Team batting average .209 and 9 runs in 3 games. Those are facts not opinions. Who said anything about behind the scenes? MM agreed with op thread go read his reply yourself. I didn't predict anything just made a observation after first series .

Like i said baseball is a long game and if that is how you want to perceive the team then do so you are in for a long season then. Look we won tonight 7-2 to Lamar now go ahead and dissect it now.

Criticizing baseball this early? LOL.
No just not excited about beating a team we should destroy anyway kinda like playing Kansas in football. Batted a whopping 2 for 9 with runners in scoring position? .222 average.

Last edited:
No just not excited about beating a team we should destroy anyway kinda like playing Kansas in football. Batted a whopping 2 for 9 with runners in scoring position? .222 average.

If it's 3 out of 4 series like that then it would be time to panic, but not yet. I understand the concern because of the last 5-7 years of sub par hitting...it's just baseball is such a long season.

Well we made tons of errors which opened up the game for lsu and it was pretty much over we couldn't even make a double play. And it started all in the first inning which got lsu up 5-0.

Well errors did us in 2 games in a row. I’m afraid this is one of those years when an easy schedule would of helped build confidence. Hope this doesn’t get ugly.

Welcome Zach Zubia two homeruns tonight we were up 5-0 in the 5th and pitching went to crap! Lsu put up 5 in the 5th then pitching again gave them 2 more 7-5 going into the 8th we leave two on base and then the 9th we go and pitching again! Base loaded needed 1 out this is not the first time tonight either and just like that 10-5 and we have been out hitting them! And that's the ball game! Pitching pitching pitching!

Reactions: EyesOnTexas
Well Robo how are the bats looking against Stanford this series ??? Oh wait I guess it's too early to discuss hitting so early I just wonder when it will be time for a serious discussion mid season ??? Hookem anyway!

Well Robo how are the bats looking against Stanford this series ??? Oh wait I guess it's too early to discuss hitting so early I just wonder when it will be time for a serious discussion mid season ??? Hookem anyway!

Oh let's talk about a very good Stanford team coming in and out pitching us and out hitting us. They have only lost 2 games all year for a reason! Don't try to talk sports if you don't know what you are talking about!

I'm talking about no hitting and no pitching so yeah I do know . You can't handle I been saying all year this is a problem whether early or later . Funny how it's not too early for other teams to be playing well ! Just curious have you ever played baseball I did for 14 years before tearing rotator cuff as a pitcher making it to semi pro level .

I'm talking about no hitting and no pitching so yeah I do know . You can't handle I been saying all year this is a problem whether early or later . Funny how it's not too early for other teams to be playing well ! Just curious have you ever played baseball I did for 14 years before tearing rotator cuff as a pitcher making it to semi pro level .

Oh I guess number 5 don't mean anything to you and Stanford has two aces and there were many scouts there just to see them. Congrats I won't have a pissing match with you over who played what.

Then just admit we aren't that good and quit making lame excuses that it's too early in the year . We are average at best and will be lucky to make a super regional . Going to be a long year . We can't hit decent pitching and can't seem to stop decent hitting teams either. Let's use the young rebuilding excuse again this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT