ADVERTISEMENT

Connor

Read the reports. I'm thinking he's fine long term, if they make a bowl, maybe he can play.

Clean up the meniscus tear, probably out 6 weeks. Conner is going to make his money when it's time, I don't think he's all that worried about when.

Worst possible injury for the team. Hope the recovery goes well.

Had you asked me about which injuries would be most problematic for this team, I would have told you QB, OL (especially if Connor), and DL.

Losing Shane for at least 2 games hurt, the offense may have been much more dynamic with him out there against USC.

Losing Elijah Rodriguez and now Connor has dropped us down to 5 reasonable starters and the quality has definitely suffered already. Glad we have the open date this weekend to get a few back ups ready.

Now it seems that the OL transfers (Deleance and Hodges) because they were down on the depth chart may have been premature. A lesson to learn for these guys is that one is only a misstep and an injury away from starting.

Reactions: hookem777
Now it seems that the OL transfers (Deleance and Hodges) because they were down on the depth chart may have been premature. A lesson to learn for these guys is that one is only a misstep and an injury away from starting.

If you are second string you're just as important as first. I never understood transfering like that either. I get everyone wants to start, but nothing wrong with 2nd string.

I think it was Deleance, (went to Florida) after the Maryland loss was on twitter making a comment along the lines of like chickens coming home to roost or something like that. I can't find the tweet anymore, but when I saw it I thought man this dude does not like the current staff.

I think it was Deleance, (went to Florida) after the Maryland loss was on twitter making a comment along the lines of like chickens coming home to roost or something like that. I can't find the tweet anymore, but when I saw it I thought man this dude does not like the current staff.
I wonder if he resented Strong's firing?

The kids at Wazzu didn't like Leach when he first got there either. Kids are fickle and usually the ones that whine or transfer are not worth the time of day.

Reactions: LonghornMM
It's not always on the kid, as if he's a bad kid to be transferring after a coaching change. Some coaches earn your respect more than others do, via integrity, sincerity, expertise...

Sometimes it's no one's fault. Some coaches happen to have a teaching style that connects with you -- you feel yourself getting to a higher level -- and others you just can't seem to mesh with. Sometimes it's just a bad fit. Not anyone's fault. It's the same in the classroom, with any teacher - student combo.

But, yeah, if the kid doesn't even try to make it work, it's on him.

Coaches can be assholes as well. We all assume it's the kid with an attitude issue, but coaches have those to.

Reactions: LonghornMM
i almost 100% of the time blame coaches for being assholes. they are nothing but ego monsters. i cheer for the team and could give a shit about the coach

i almost 100% of the time blame coaches for being assholes. they are nothing but ego monsters. i cheer for the team and could give a shit about the coach
So you think our current OL coach is an asshole? Or strength and conditioning?

Speaking of coaches, I was watching the media interview with Todd Orlando. How long do you think that guy is here before he becomes a head coach? I think if the defense continues to play like they have since Week 2, I think he is here this year and probably one more before someone makes him a very highly paid head coach. Dude just has IT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT