ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys release Dez...

CoachEmUp64

Jan 15, 2015
Couldn't say I didn't see this coming, before June 1st it saved the Boys 8 mil. But dang we need a #1 WR now....

Also as he was walking out of meeting he said "I will see y'all twice this year"

IMO:
Giants- no
Eagles- no
Redskins- yes
(if he stays in NFC East)

Couldn't say I didn't see this coming, before June 1st it saved the Boys 8 mil. But dang we need a #1 WR now....

Also as he was walking out of meeting he said "I will see y'all twice this year"

IMO:
Giants- no
Eagles- no
Redskins- yes
(if he stays in NFC East)

TEXANS????

good grief, why? kinda like i heard jalen rose say this is carmelo's last big contract this summer. to which i reply, "who in the world is giving that dude a big contract?" similarly, who in the world will give dez a big contract?

I'm fine with the Cowboys releasing Dez. He is way overpaid for the productivity they were getting from him. He can get pissed all he wants, but the NFL is a business, and it didn't make business sense to keep him at that contract amount.

Reactions: weevilcatch
He needs a change! Maybe it will make him focus more and have more effort!

I'm fine with the Cowboys releasing Dez. He is way overpaid for the productivity they were getting from him. He can get pissed all he wants, but the NFL is a business, and it didn't make business sense to keep him at that contract amount.

9th in pay at the position

28th in yards, 26th in receptions, and 24th in TDs. 54th in receptions of 20+ and 139th in yds/rec.

Time will tell on Dez business choice,He wants to payback Dallas back by going to teams in the NFL east and getting to play them twice a year. Now,where was that Attitude playing in Dallas making millions??

Reactions: LonghornMM
Im not a big Dez fan....but it seemed he and Dak were never on the same page. Dez wanted to be force fed the ball.....which is fine if you can catch it and make plays (like Antonio Brown) but it seemed like he would drop a ball and it would mentally get in his head. His production has fallen off no doubt, with a new QB that is understandable to an extent but some of that blame goes on the QB also. As a reciever you have to be on the same page as your QB.....Dez and Dak were never on the same book let alone page. I wish Dez the best (until he plays against Dallas) Its frustrating when you want the ball and when it finally comes your way and you drop it......it shakes your confidence and your QB's confidence in you, making it harder to trust each other. Hopefully this move helps Dez and Dallas in the long run

Dak lacks accuracy and Dez is a timing route receiver. Dez was more suited for Romo. Dak has to scramble and make passes to possession type guys. Switzer will be used more next season. The cowboys need to fix the oline.

Dez in 9 years made 60 million playing in Dallas but based on his last 3 years was not worth that number and could have stayed in Dallas with a reduced salary and if he wants to keep playing in the NFC east enjoy freezing your ass off in New York,Philly or DC.

Last edited:
Salary due 2018: $12.6 million
Salary cap hit for cowboys: $16.5 million

Now..... if Dez had 1400 yards and 85 catches and 16 touchdowns, by all means--- pay that man.

But he didn't. So they won't. And I don't blame them.

Mix feelings with all this that was Jerry boy, Dez would of liked to been a cowboy his whole career. Romo and Dez had the relationship together not so much with Dak. The offense is to predictable but there will be no shade thrown at garret or linehan. This is Dak make it or break it year I think, cause there is a video out there with David Carr and Dak throwing at targets and the retired beat up Carr hit more targets and made Dak look like a chump. It will be an interesting season and yes releasing Dez saved money but there is no more number 1 reciever. Dez would of taken a pay cut but again it is a business and still have mix feelings. It's not easy being a reciever in the NFL many first round draft picks have been a bust.

I agree Coach Garret is a major problem....he doesn't know how to make adjustments but he is a Jerry Jones puppet so he isnt going anywhere

ADVERTISEMENT