Daughter’s golf update: LPGA Q School

ellie44

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2005
Thought I’d share the latest.
- she graduated in May and has been playing on the Annika Tour. Declared herself a professional and has been grinding hard trying to adjust to a very different life.
- her results so far haven’t really been terrific, but not awful either. She knows what she needs to do and she is grinding hard to get parts of her game moving in the right direction.
- this week is huge. She is out in Rancho Mirage, CA playing in the LPGA Q School, first stage. Three rounds at Mission Hills: Indian Wells, The Arnold Palmer Course and Dinah Shore tournament course.
-today was her first round. There are roughly 360+women competing for three rounds and a cut (somewhere around 125 top scores) and then a final round and the top 90-something move on to stage 2. More than half of the women competing are foreign players and over the age of 25. They’ve been playing on the Asian tours, usually.
- my daughter did not start her day off well. She is exceptionally long off the tee and usually devours par 5s. The front nine ate her lunch today and she stood at 5+ at the turn.
- she did what she always does, and fought back the only way she knows how; she refused to yield. She birdied 4 out of 5 holes on the back nine and shot -4 on the back nine. Plus +1 for the round puts her on or near the cut line in a couple of days….but she did not lose the tourney today. And she feels like she got her game back.
- this is such a tough ask of a young woman, but I am so proud of her for fighting for her dream. She may not make it and she might. I love the fact that she is trying to live her dream.

And today, for nine holes, she proved she could play with anyone.

Send her positive vibes OB. Two more rounds at or under par on really hard courses and she is likely one step closer to her dream.

Go Ellie!

Last edited:

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.