ADVERTISEMENT

DB Tim Irvin xferring from Auburn after just one year

jsto60

Sep 3, 2005
He played in 10 games and even started 1 as a true frosh last year.

He was one of the famed Florida 5 we got. Most didn't work out.

Apparently Texas is back in his top3 wish list for the transfer. Along with Miami where Uncle Mike Irvin went to school and ECU where a family member is an offensive analyst on their staff.

I'd take him back. Should have chased your heart in the start. I'd bet he ends up at the U.

I don't see this getting a green light. He had his chance and we have recruited well at the position by replacing him with Locke and Brown. Good luck to him back EAST.

Reactions: bubba2023
Why is he transferring?

I wish we didn't nickname those Florida recruits the Florida 5 like they were superheroes. It would have made their unraveling a little less comical.

Why is he transferring?

I wish we didn't nickname those Florida recruits the Florida 5 like they were superheroes. It would have made their unraveling a little less comical.
The DB Coach that was recruiting/coaching him left. He committed to the person not the school!

24/7 (Hummer)

Tim Irvin was once of a member of the Texas Longhorns famed "Florida Five" and now the defensive back has a second chance to join a few of his fellow Floridians. Irvin announced Tuesday he intends to transfer from Auburn, which he picked after decommiting from Texas during the 2015 cycle, and is now looking for a new home. According to 247Sports' Ryan Bartow, the Longhorns are a potential landing spot for the former four-star defensive back. Wrote Bartow about Irvin and Texas: "His uncle, Pro Football Hall of Famer Michael Irvin, has already been in touch with Longhorns coach Charlie Strong discussing the possibility of bringing in his nephew. " The report also indicated Irvin has early interest in Miami, where his uncle played, and East Carolina, where his other uncle, Sedrick Irvin, works as an offensive analyst. Irvin, a Miami native, committed to Texas on Jan. 3, 2015 at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. He was considered the ringleader of a group of five South Florida players -- Devonaire Clarington, Cecil Cherry, Davante Davis and Gilbert Johnson -- that pledged to the Longhorns during the 2015 cycle. However, Irvin switched his commitment to Auburn on Jan. 18, becoming the first of four members of that group to eventually leave the Longhorn program. Only Davis, who started at cornerback for Texas as a freshman last season, remains on campus. Due to NCAA transfer rules Irvin will need to sit out a year at whatever school he transfers to, and he has three years of eligibility remaining beginning in the fall of 2017 . He is expected to make visits over the next few weeks, per Bartow. Irvin played in 10 games for Auburn and recorded 18 tackles as a freshman last season. Howe 24/7 saying "My understanding is if Irvin wants to come there's a spot for him."

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Well, that's interesting. Part of me says get lost, you had your chance. The other part says, I guess being young you can make mistakes. You could make a bad decision, realize it later on, and want to correct the situation.

What would be funny, if he comes back, and Devo makes it to Austin, suddenly that whole Florida 5 thing doesn't look so bad.

I guess if he's expressing remorse, and is sincere, I'd take him, as long as the team wants him back.

Also interesting that Uncle Mike is contacting Texas. I would've thought he'd have no interest in helping with anything but Miami.

I'd take him assuming the coaches feel that haven't already recruited past him. It was a bad decision to make his college choice solely on coaches, but we've also landed players that did the same thing. It not exactly a major flaw.

I wouldn't mind having his talent on the team, but I think we're likely better off keeping his personality away from it.

I'd agree here. Caveat being that I don't know the kid.

But one can judge his actions from afar. Multiple last minute decommits and then a quick xfer. Don't speak well for everything all being in line.

The cash comment is silly. He was recruited by Muschamp, and was following him. I know it's difficult for us to admit it, but lots of kids want to play in the SEC.

Charlie is pretty good at evaluating a kids character. If Charlie's good with him, bring him in. This is America. It's not a sin to change your mind. If Charlie has doubts, I'm sure he'll pass. But by the time he is eligible to play, he's a 20 year old your man, not an 18 year old kid. Kids can grow up a lot in those time frames.

The cash comment is silly. He was recruited by Muschamp, and was following him. I know it's difficult for us to admit it, but lots of kids want to play in the SEC.

Guess you missed his instragram pix holding a huge wad of cash right after his Auburn trip.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Well, that's interesting. Part of me says get lost, you had your chance. The other part says, I guess being young you can make mistakes. You could make a bad decision, realize it later on, and want to correct the situation.

What would be funny, if he comes back, and Devo makes it to Austin, suddenly that whole Florida 5 thing doesn't look so bad.

I guess if he's expressing remorse, and is sincere, I'd take him, as long as the team wants him back.

Also interesting that Uncle Mike is contacting Texas. I would've thought he'd have no interest in helping with anything but Miami.

Where the f**k are you, Metcalf? No logins since June 11.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT