ADVERTISEMENT

Demetrius Knox with a change of heart? (Tuesday 11:40 a.m.)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Here's an update from our Ohio State site today:

"Well my recruitment is wide open again," said Knox. "I just plan on sitting back and watching everyone for a while until I make my decision."

Fort Worth All Saints Episcopal OL Demetrius Knox told our friend Rick Kimbrell last night that he has decommitted from Texas. We've been working to reach Knox and his coaches since last night but have not been able to track him down for confirmation.

Here's a quote Knox gave Kimbrell, who has covered recruiting on the West Coast for years:

"I decommitted from Texas. I didn't feel it was the right place for me anymore. I'm a person who likes to travel. I don't like to stay in one place for too long. I have been living in Texas since the seventh grade. I've lived int he north, I've lived in the south. Now it's time for me to pick a coast - California or Florida."

Kimbrell said he was told that Knox now lists UCLA, Florida State and Miami as his three favorites (premium story on Kimbrell's site here).

As I said, we have been working to confirm the story directly with Knox or his coaches but no word yet. We'll continue to stay on top of that. I did talk to a source close to this one last night and I do not believe Knox has given Texas official word yet. Texas was aware that Knox was again re-thinking his decision and Knox is supposed to be talking to his coach, possibly as early as today, to go over it some more.

We'll see where this one goes from here but the above quote was given in an interview on Sunday night.

This post was edited on 4/23 11:42 AM by Ketchum

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News