ADVERTISEMENT

Did Longhorn fans ever get used to those strange noises that Aggie fans make in their stadium

tigerboudreaux

Jun 6, 2006
What aggravated me the most at Kyle Field was the bizzare noises that they would scream........it was "whurrrrp, whooooooooorp, whooooooooorp, whooooooooop" or similar. In all my years of attending football games around the country that was the strangest thing I ever heard.

The only other thing that bothered me was a drunk man in his 50's sitting behind me hollering 'GET HIM OUTTA THERE" every time Leonard Fournette ran over an Aggie defender.

Reactions: hookem3434
My girlfriend (LSU grad) and I (Sam Houston grad but avid Longhorn fan since birth) went to the LSU vs AM game this past year. Over the years I have grown accustom to the strange things they do, this however was her first experience. She was baffled by everything from the chants to the swaying. She also got to experience the most annoying thing of all "the aggie bravado." Its where aggie fans think they are the best college team of all time, and they are somehow superior fans compared to everyone else. They say that aggie fans don't sit, not true. They say that they stay to the end and don't leave early, well there were a lot less aggie fans in the stands as the game went on.

Aggies are just a weird semi-cult that live in their own bubbly reality.

Did Fournette run over someone on the sideline? Cause last time I checked he was inactive.

But don't let that get in the way of a good circle jerk. :rolleyes:

Did Fournette run over someone on the sideline? Cause last time I checked he was inactive.

But don't let that get in the way of a good circle jerk. :rolleyes:

Fournette trucked aggy in '14 at pyle. Guice smoked aggy in '16 at pyle. Different RB's. Same result. Both went for 200+ on the wretched crew. :D

My point is dude is full of sh!t.....Fournette did gain 146 against A&M at Kyle in '14. But it is doubtful he would wait 3 years to ask his question. Dude made up a story....

And MM....Fournette NEVER went for 200 against our sh!t defense.

And LSU fan talking about other people's fan base? Really?

My point is dude is full of sh!t.....Fournette did gain 146 against A&M at Kyle in '14. But it is doubtful he would wait 3 years to ask his question. Dude made up a story....

And MM....Fournette NEVER went for 200 against our sh!t defense.

And LSU fan talking about other people's fan base? Really?

oldschool, whether Fournette put up 200+ or not, he destroyed aggy. LSU has absolutely owned a&m even before aggy joined the $EC, and has continued their embarrassing dominace of a&m. a&m bit off more than they can chew by joining the $EC.

No arguing with the ownage....but facts is facts. And A&M was 20-27-3 vs. LSU before joining the SEC. A losing record but hardly "embarrassing dominance".

Post was more to refute the dude making up stuff. If you're going to run smack, at least know who your players are.

No arguing with the ownage....but facts is facts. And A&M was 20-27-3 vs. LSU before joining the SEC. A losing record but hardly "embarrassing dominance".

Post was more to refute the dude making up stuff. If you're going to run smack, at least know who your players are.

Why are gaggies and tigers arguing on this forum? Yes aggies are weird clones of each other and LSU is the best, lol. GTFO of here!

Fournette trucked Aggies when he was a Freshman and a Soph. Guice rushed for almost 300 yards against Aggie this past season. Bottomline is Aggie got steam rolled by LSU since joining the SEC
oldschool, whether Fournette put up 200+ or not, he destroyed aggy. LSU has absolutely owned a&m even before aggy joined the $EC, and has continued their embarrassing dominace of a&m. a&m bit off more than they can chew by joining the $EC.
They sure did! a&m wasnt that competitive in the Big 12 and they move to a tougher conference.That never made much sense to me. I could see if they were dominating the Big 12, but they werent. Oh well, they have Bama and LSU to deal with now and that aint working out to well for them

Reactions: LonghornMM
What aggravated me the most at Kyle Field was the bizzare noises that they would scream........it was "whurrrrp, whooooooooorp, whooooooooorp, whooooooooop" or similar. In all my years of attending football games around the country that was the strangest thing I ever heard.

The only other thing that bothered me was a drunk man in his 50's sitting behind me hollering 'GET HIM OUTTA THERE" every time Leonard Fournette ran over an Aggie defender.
Get used to It? It was a source of "point, mock and laugh" for over a hundred years.

Look, we told you jokers in the SEC what you were getting--- a bunch of weaponized window lickers. All you saw was "oh goodie! We can recruit more in Texas!". What you didn't realize is that we secretly handed you the retarded cousin in the family. The kids that sits around all day masturbating in his own fecal matter while eating boogers.... anyone's boogers.

It always amuses me how people bring us up (even though we are irrelevant). Sorry we have pride in our school more than we do in our athletic program. Without sports, what does LSU really have? Also, Texas' fair weather fans are legendary, plus the fact that current students failing to show up to games in adequate numbers has been a recent concern there in Austin as those are future donors. Fire away.

Them there aggys practice those chants with their cheerleaders at midnite. Their "bonding" one is something called an elephant walk, I think. Is there any other fan base this extreme?

It always amuses me how people bring us up (even though we are irrelevant). Sorry we have pride in our school more than we do in our athletic program. Without sports, what does LSU really have? Also, Texas' fair weather fans are legendary, plus the fact that current students failing to show up to games in adequate numbers has been a recent concern there in Austin as those are future donors. Fire away.

We bring up aggy because y'all make it too easy to make fun of you and your weirdness. a&m has the self proclaimed "best fans" in college sports. BS. aggy has fair weather fans, they boo, and leave early just like any other fan base.

Once again, why bring us up if we are so strange and irrelevant? We love our school, and I know we are delusional sometimes, but most fan bases are. I admit to Texas' value and their position in the national pecking order vs us, and I think that your diversity is also a strength. That being said, you can't have it both ways; meaning diversity and a sense of solidarity and community with respect to your athletic programs or your institution for that matter. One tends to negate the other to some point. Most honest people recognize this.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
Once again, why bring us up if we are so strange and irrelevant? We love our school, and I know we are delusional sometimes, but most fan bases are. I admit to Texas' value and their position in the national pecking order vs us, and I think that your diversity is also a strength. That being said, you can't have it both ways; meaning diversity and a sense of solidarity and community with respect to your athletic programs or your institution for that matter. One tends to negate the other to some point. Most honest people recognize this.
Joeag showing us some aggys are capable of common sense at times.

This is the very reason I rejected Texas A&M, over 30 years ago. Some friends and I went to visit. We were a diverse group, racially. In College Station and particularly on the TAMU campus, we were made to feel unwelcome in a very white, racist culture. Nothing happened like that group from DFW reported about a year ago, but we sure felt out of place. There was virtually no diversity at TAMU. It wasn't a core value, let's just say.

We continued our campus visit trip to Baylor and then to Texas. We all felt a whole lot more welcome at The University of Texas at Austin, than at any of our other stops. (I don't know why we didn't also visit Rice, unless maybe it was that we were from the Houston area.)

I am SO glad we made those campus visits, instead of just applying.

The report from that DFW group tells me that not much has changed since the mid-1980s.

Despite being raised without any animus against TAMU or Aggies (after all, I WAS seriously considering studying there), I struggled to show respect to Aggies, due to what I'd experienced. However, that's just a form of prejudice, and that's what I stand against. So, today I work with Aggies and they are my friends, and I hope that their time in B-CS didn't lead them to develop the evil attitudes I've noticed.

Last edited:
Well when u dont win anything, i guess theres nothing else to be proud of

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT