ADVERTISEMENT

Dirt Burglars Begin Their Season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baker Mayfield was the starter @ Tech before he got hurt.

Kyler Murray was a true freshman @ aggy

Jalen Hurts got replaced by one of the best QB's in CFB.

Congrats on trying to twist the narrative to fit another one of your delusional narratives.
All 3 riding pine and had to transfer out for playing time. Sorry if that derails your narrative Cinderella, but it is what it is. Riley is THE QB WHISPERER.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Your glossing over a lot here though. On this very board, we were told how bad Mayfield and Murray would be and their freshman seasons were cited as the reason why they would not be very good going forward. Was that just Texas fans showing their hate over their football knowledge? All I know is that Murray and Mayfield were rather pedestrian compared to the players they became under Riley.

Now hurts comes to town, and all we hear is that the dude can’t pass, got beat out by a freshman, only won at Alabama because of their defense. Then does something Neither Murray nor Mayfield ever did. Certainly he is very good, but he never did anything close to this in Alabama. Him transferring to Oklahoma very well is why it’s going to get him A much more lucrative rookie contract.

I’m not sure how and when the narrative changed to be that Riley was just gifted these guys. Never mind having to recruit them and convince them to come to OU, and then cater his offense to their strengths. The only gift was Mayfield, but he wasn’t the baker we know now until Riley got his hands on him.

Baker Mayfield started as a True Freshman Walk-on at a place know for their QB stats and had a QB rating of 127.

Kyler Murray was a true freshman playing behind another 5 star rated QB and had a QB rating of 109.

How you could call either of them pedestrian is kind of hard to fathom.

Did they both benefit from Riley's tutelage? Of course. Were they pedestrian? Of course not. Do they both have dad's that are undeniably world-class ass hats? Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Let's wait until you guys play a team that fields a defense before we engrave Hurts Heisman.

All 3 riding pine and had to transfer out for playing time. Sorry if that derails your narrative Cinderella, but it is what it is. Riley is THE QB WHISPERER.

BAKER MAYFIELD WAS THE STARTER AT TECH AND GOT HURT.

KYLER MURRAY WAS A TRUE FRESHMAN.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

I wonder truly how much difference in play design there is between Riley, Leach, Holgerson, even Kingsbury. Riley seems to stress the run game more than others but they’re all pretty damn good at what they do. Holgerson is no slouch, it may just be a difference of Jimmys and Joes but Riley seems to develop qb’s pretty well

This is a convo for in person but lots. Riley is a step ahead. His foresight and imagination are incredible. And it pisses me of, lol

Reactions: Belldozer1
Hurts looked pretty dangerous, but his first real test won't be until the 2nd Saturday in October.

If he drops 350/100 and four or five total TDs on Orlando's defense, then we can start talking about the Heisman.

Balance wins championships. Texas is a balanced team that is raising the bar on O and D. Our issue is RB. If Sam has to run the ball a lot against L$U, our qb may be out for a while. He ran too much against La Tech. We have done a poor job at recruiting and retaining rb's.

Derrian Brown is not on the coaching staff but the mass exodus of rb's is.

BAKER MAYFIELD WAS THE STARTER AT TECH AND GOT HURT.

KYLER MURRAY WAS A TRUE FRESHMAN.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
Mayfield was a 2 time walk on and pine rider.
Murray was benched. Both came to OU got schooled by the QB Whisperer. Both won the Heisman and were the 1st pick taken in their respective drafts. Any other questions?

Hurts looked pretty dangerous, but his first real test won't be until the 2nd Saturday in October.

If he drops 350/100 and four or five total TDs on Orlando's defense, then we can start talking about the Heisman.
Why wait? I’d just as soon give it to him next week in case he looks vulnerable against Texas lol. I agree, those Texas blitzes will be a test for our Oline and Hurts

Balance wins championships. Texas is a balanced team that is raising the bar on O and D. Our issue is RB. If Sam has to run the ball a lot against L$U, our qb may be out for a while. He ran too much against La Tech. We have done a poor job at recruiting and retaining rb's.

Derrian Brown is not on the coaching staff but the mass exodus of rb's is.

Porter looked good last night...

Hmmm...

Well, you didn’t use those exact words, however you hopped in this thread and said multiple times that it was 42-17 in the 4th against a Top 5 offense.

I guess that means they looked awful. My bad

Well when responding to someones horrible take I like to have some numbers to back it up.

The defense looked above average. They had some glimpses of being really good and had some not so hot moments.

Compared to last year they looked quite a bit better and did so against one of the better offenses they will see this year.

dfxxxxxxxxxxxx
It’s just so much easier to score points in the modern game.

Riley has a Banyan tree for an offensive brain. There are plays off of plays off of plays of of plays. Honestly he should be in the NFL

It speaks well of you that you give credit where credit is due, even to a foe.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Well when responding to someones horrible take I like to have some numbers to back it up.

The defense looked above average. They had some glimpses of being really good and had some not so hot moments.

Compared to last year they looked quite a bit better and did so against one of the better offenses they will see this year.

They looked better, but honestly man, it's still too early to tell.

We get the couch burners in a couple of weeks. We'll need our d line to get pressure on Bowman, or he's going to really test our secondary. I'd rather see him on his ass than to see if Motley can cover their WRs for more than a couple of seconds.

Reactions: kareem73
Hurts and OU really didn't give us any indication of how their season will go. OU and UH are among the two worst defenses in all of CFB so it's very difficult to project OU off of that one game. The reason Hurts was benched at Bama was his inability to handle pressure. He threw more picks and improvised a little too much for Saban's liking. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure that UT's defense will undoubtedly bring and will also keep him guessing. Hurts hasn't shown thus far in his career to be an NFL caliber QB who can make all the throws and stand in the pocket making the right reads.

It was the first game. I dont think we got all that much information about many teams so far. aTm, Texas,OU, LSU....hell, most teams started against supposedly inferior competition......yeah....everyone in line for the playoffs so far. Time will tell how each of us look after getting punched in the mouth. I like to think that we will improve each week, but our RB situation is beginning to be scary. Those other guys.....I dont have the time or inclination to worry about them.

Ok....we are a little banged up right now, but as Bill Parcels said...." I am sure of 2 things....we are going to play Saturday, and no one is gonna feel sorry for us"...

They were much more aggressive. Tackling needs work obviously. And I’m not sure what to think of 10 and 32. They seem average to below average. I’ve been wrong many times before though

Hurts was not benched for his "inability to handle pressure." He was in his second NC game (lost the first to Clemson in the last second) and Ga. was all over him so Saban went with Tua and the Tide pulled it out. He played well as a back up last year. Now not the back up. Will see how he stacks up against Sam in a few weeks.

Baker Mayfield started as a True Freshman Walk-on at a place know for their QB stats and had a QB rating of 127.

How you could call either of them pedestrian is kind of hard to fathom.

Now for some context. Mayfield at tech was a 64% passer, 12 td 9 int for the season. Against the big 12? 60%, 5 td and 8 int. That's pedestrian by any standard, much his by his standard. Shall I go and quote some of the things you guys had to say about his future at OU after his transfer?

Kyler Murray was a true freshman playing behind another 5 star rated QB and had a QB rating of 109.

Context time. His best game all year was against s. carolina in which he had 2 touchdowns. He had 379 total yards, then got his shit pushed in against auburn the next week. For some additional context, he averaged 353 per game at OU. He was a 59% passer, 5 td, 7 int. You just cant fathom how that's pedestrian?

Did they both benefit from Riley's tutelage? Of course. Were they pedestrian? Of course not. Yes they were Do they both have dad's that are undeniably world-class ass hats? Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Mayfield From a 60% passer and 127 rating --- > 70% passing and setting a national record for qb rating and efficiency. Who saw that coming?

Murray from a 59% passer and 109 rating ---> 70% passing and beating Mayfield's national record. Wasn't there supposed to be some big drop off?

Let's wait until you guys play a team that fields a defense before we engrave Hurts Heisman.

I wouldnt bet on him winning the heisman but it looks like he could take player of the year in the big 12. I'd say just get used to seeing insane quarterbacking at OU until Riley decides to finally leave one day.

Now for some context. Mayfield at tech was a 64% passer, 12 td 9 int for the season. Against the big 12? 60%, 5 td and 8 int. That's pedestrian by any standard, much his by his standard. Shall I go and quote some of the things you guys had to say about his future at OU after his transfer?

Context time. His best game all year was against s. carolina in which he had 2 touchdowns. He had 379 total yards, then got his shit pushed in against auburn the next week. For some additional context, he averaged 353 per game at OU. He was a 59% passer, 5 td, 7 int. You just cant fathom how that's pedestrian?

Mayfield From a 60% passer and 127 rating --- > 70% passing and setting a national record for qb rating and efficiency. Who saw that coming?

Murray from a 59% passer and 109 rating ---> 70% passing and beating Mayfield's national record. Wasn't there supposed to be some big drop off?

I wouldnt bet on him winning the heisman but it looks like he could take player of the year in the big 12. I'd say just get used to seeing insane quarterbacking at OU until Riley decides to finally leave one day.

It's not pedestrian when you take into consideration that they were both true Freshman and neither played on teams that were nearly as talented as OU's.

Did they both benefit greatly from Riley's tutelage? Obviously. Is Riley an offensive genius? Most definitely. Can he elevate the play of his QB's? Is that even debatable, at this point? Will Hurts have a much better year playing in OU's system? Without a doubt.

Just quit trying to make it sound like Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray were 2 scrubs that Riley found walking down the street with no possible future in football. That's a lie and you guys know it.

It's not pedestrian when you take into consideration that they were both true Freshman and neither played on teams that were nearly as talented as OU's.

Did they both benefit greatly from Riley's tutelage? Obviously. Is Riley an offensive genius? Most definitely. Can he elevate the play of his QB's? Is that even debatable, at this point? Will Hurts have a much better year playing in OU's system? Without a doubt.

Just quit trying to make it sound like Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray were 2 scrubs that Riley found walking down the street with no possible future in football. That's a lie and you guys know it.
Mayfield had to walk on twice, it doesn’t really get any more low than that, really. From 2 time walk on to 1st rd draft pick is why top qb’s are lining up for The QB Whisperer. Deej you should quit while you are behind you’re stating to sound as delusional as @q1w2e3 regarding Riley and OU qb’s

Last edited:
Mayfield had to walk on twice, it doesn’t really get any more low than that, really. From 2 time walk on to 1st rd draft pick is why top qb’s are lining up for The QB Whisperer. Deej you should quit while you are behind you’re stating to sound as delusional as @q1w2e3 regarding Riley and OU qb’s

Mayfield always had talent, teams didn't want him because of his douchiness.

Appreciate it. I’m a coach, have been for a long time so I can appreciate the elite when I feel I see them. That doesn’t mean I like you turd lickers though haha ;)

haha. no problem man. In fact, you guys are the perfect, perfect arch-rival. I would not choose any other team in America, although you tea sips might choose a different team with a better rep than OU.

And a Coach? I've often wondered how the game looked to coaches, and guys that played at the college level or above. Slower probably. Stuff jumps out at you. Good luck to your team (that you coach).

Reactions: weevilcatch
haha. no problem man. In fact, you guys are the perfect, perfect arch-rival. I would not choose any other team in America, although you tea sips might choose a different team with a better rep than OU.

And a Coach? I've often wondered how the game looked to coaches, and guys that played at the college level or above. Slower probably. Stuff jumps out at you. Good luck to your team (that you coach).

"tea sips"?

He walked on the second time because he was trying to get around the transfer rule. He would have gotten a scholarship from any number of schools after his Freshman season. Of course, you know this. You just like being obtuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT