ADVERTISEMENT

Disciplining a 3 year old

big rusty

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2001
My oldest daughter is turning 3 in a couple of weeks. My wife and I have been stressing out about her not obeying and pushing the limit on just about everything we ask her to do that isn’t on her agenda at that moment. Surely there are others who have had similar experiences an I would love some advice. We do what we say we are going to do in most cases and never spank(one pop on the bottom) unless she is possibly going to harm herself or hurt her 1 year old sister. We know if we don’t start to discipline her that it’s only going to get worse. I know she is an almost 3 year old and kids her age can be hardheaded but she knows right from wrong in most cases. She is very sad when she knows she has disappointed us and has the sweetest demeanor.... until she doesn’t! Ha
A few questions for you all:

What has worked for you?
What have you done that maybe you realize was a mistake?
What are realistic expectations for a child her age?

We are just winging it like I’m sure a lot of you are doing but we want to do our best for her and prepare her for her future. My parents aren’t alive or I would lean on them for advice so help us out if you can offer you’re own experiences. Thanks

Reactions: rcy3113 and t3xus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News