Every Arch Pass - UGA

badboy783

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2008
The Woodlands, TX
Pass #1 - Film study off the edge for UGA. They know what's coming when the QB turns their back. Credit UGA or discredit Sark whichever you like.

Pass #2 Nobody picks up the LB, nobody is hot. Another second and Helm will be wide open.

Pass #3 Take what you can get here and had a clean pocket. Not made at the choice but if he reads to the back side, Golden is coming wide open in the middle of the field.

Pass #4 This one is just a really bad misread. Nice clean pocket and completely locks on to Moore the entire way. Golden is wide open for an easy first down in the middle of the field.

Nice scramble for 20 yards. Didn't clip it but was a really nice run.

Pass #5 Arch just looking at the left side of the field here working Bond to the RB. Taking some easy yards.

Pass #6 - Can't see down the field here but I'll trust him on the check down. Really damn good job by UGA maintaining their rushing lanes. Not getting too far up the field, blanketing coverage down the field.

Sack If I'm Golden I'm heated now. Been open 3 times and Arch is locked on to Moore.

Strip Sack Everything locked up man to man here. UGA ran this coverage a lot. It's a 3 man rush. The LB's are mirroring the QB and RB depending on which side the back goes too. But they always have a LB on the back and the QB. Running cover 2 man behind it. Not letting anything over the top. WR's have to win. Cam Williams will get better from this, but film watch will not be pretty.

I can do Quinn's but will take longer. Easier to knock Arch's out of the way first. I have watched the broadcast twice. Nash makes it easy, what a beast for doing that. What I will tell you is that Quinn had a better night than Arch with his arm. Arch had a better night with his feet. I imagine Sark was pretty furious with Arch with what he dialed up in his two series. We should have had points on both, even if they were just FG's.

Because UGA was committed to a deep cover 2 with their LB's mirrored it was going to take some WR's really winning down the field and for the most part, we did not do that. After watching the game last night, I felt like Georgia was bringing 6 all night. Not hardly. They rushed 3, 4, and 5 mostly. Sadly, they won with 3 a lot using the LB to spy as soon as the QB would leave the pocket. They were prepared for both Quinn and Manning. Solid rush lane integrity when Arch was in the game. When Quinn was in the game they collapsed the middle to force him outside. As soon as Quinn would look to leave the pocket, the spy LB was all over him. Our O-line really got pushed around. I will tell you that Quinn did not have two back to back series with as many open looks in the first half that Arch did. UGA was really good on the back end.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.