Every Ewers Pass - UGA (2nd Half)

badboy783

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2008
The Woodlands, TX
Pass 1 Here we go. 2 man route concept from Sark here. Max protect. After 4 straight runs and a first down UGA has eyes in the backfield. Bond and Golden win. Now we're talking.

Pass 2 Designed for the back but 3 on defense can fly and we're supposed to pick him. 3's reaction time is really good and it's just them beating us here. Nobody else really running a route.

Pass 3 I don't hate the decision here as UGA gets away with a hold and Bond 1 on 1 is a risk worth taking but 12 is flying over the top. Golden gets hammered off his route but he's wide open with Helm if Ewers works back.

Pass 4 Holding, PI, you name it. 4 was cooked and hanging on for dear life. It's a good thing the call came in because we had nothing on any of the other routes. Winning some 1 on 1's is what we needed in the 2nd half.

Pass 5 Easy money here. The motion is telling us man the whole way. Sark starting to get hot a little bit with the play calls.

Pass 6 Another really good call and using motions to confuse UGA. They recover quick but get lost at the snap on the bottom. Allows Bond to get inside for the easy 2pt conversion.

Ewers on this drive 4/6. Game looks a lot easier with quality calls and separation.

Pass 7 Better to be lucky than good. Another set of routes I don't love with a deep drop coming out of your own endzone and nothing quick or over the middle. Long rotation from the safety allows a chance for a 50/50 ball. Not a great throw, way better catch. Really poor play call but that's easy for me to say from my view lol. Sark is the man. This is the second time Kirby has gone to a middle of the field safety when we are in a heavy run looking set. The first time was in the first half when we got a PI call on a 50/50 to Wingo. This is the second and it results in a big play. You won't see this again.

Pass 8 This is nothing special on the RPO. Should have given on the run but it's a good decision to get rid of the ball quick as Helm gets confused on if he should block the open space of nothingness or block the man coming into the backfield lol. I tease with my sarcasm because it's funny to watch 85 on this play.

Ewers Pass 9 Another really good concept here. We're looking for some downfield shots and with two backs it effects the LB's as #5 stays with Ewers and Blue gets left alone. If the corner stays down, we're going 1 on 1 with the safety to Golden. Probably one of the more depressing things about the game was Blue not getting a single carry. Blue has some pop and speed that can change the game.

Pass 10 - Back motion is telling us it's zone. Georgia is going to drop everyone into what looks like match quarters and see if our WR group can find a hole. They don't. Helm is capped at the bottom. Golden running an out at the bottom. At the top Bond runs some little in breaker. It looks like the slot is trying to split the middle of the field but UGA is going 4 high. Ewers should probably put this on Blue right away but maybe holding on a tick to long for the deep shot.

Pass 11 - Don't love that we made two straight runs to put us at 4th and 6. Also don't love that we had been using motion identifiers and when we need a critical first down, we go straight up. That being said, this is a terrible route by Bond as he knows he's running a slant and gives away inside leverage. It's an even worse read by Ewers who has made his mind up that he's going to Bond. Golden is open if we see the leverage and come off of it. Not good enough.

Pass 12 Really good play call here. Golden is open for the TD. I find it hard to believe that Banks didn't miss his assignment here. Maybe this guy is supposed to come free but it sure seems like a big miss. Banks has been so good but this was a brain fart IMO.

Pass 13 Sark doing Sark things finding mismatches on these super athletic LB's. Quinn with good eyes here as he's on the safety letting him decide whether it's Golden or Blue. Puts it right on Blue. TD 8 Point ball game.

Pass 14 - Motion identifier here gives us zone coverage. Golden who's playing his ass off does the right thing and takes his route underneath the safeties and over the LB's. Ewers gets himself another second stepping up and delivers a little behind but catchable.

Pass 15 - UGA not letting anything get over the top and working the short sideline is probably not the best choice with layered coverage. Can't see the top half but looks pretty dead from the jump. Nothing wrong with a checkdown.

Pass 16 - What if Helm blocks this a half a second longer? That's what Kirk is saying. I don't agree. Yes he could have done better but Ewers here as he's been playing better this entire second half. He has to move right further in the pocket here to give himself more time. The line is all flowing that direction. If he does, he'll buy his half a second. Wingo will clear, and it's 6.

Pass 17 - Good screen call here... would like to see the O line get out and block better but UGA makes things messy. Great job by Ewers changing the arm angle to even deliver the ball. This was almost too slow to develop.

False start here moves us from 4th and 1 to 4th and 6. Killer as both Helm and Banks flinched.

Pass 18 - Don't love the play call, don't love that we've gone away from motion with backs and WR's. Banks gets beat.

Pass 19 - Good play call here. Too many times Helm gets confused between blocking a human being or running to air.

Pass 20 - Big fan of going to Wingo here over the RB. Know your personnel. WR's have better hands. (Unless its Bijan)

Pass 21 - Don't mind the pocket movement. Ball could have been center chest but we gotta catch that and get down the field. UGA is not letting anything get over the top and have dialed back the pass rush some.

Pass 22 Really good sell on the play action. Easiest completion of the day. Get a good look here of the safety 25 yards down the field.

Pass 23 Not sure what he's seeing here. Wants Golden to Helm and comes back to lock on Wingo and throw a ball right to the defense. Should have been picked. First really bad decision in a dozen pass attempts. Got away with one. Right tackle SMH.

Pass 24 Ewers gets super conservative on protecting the ball here after nearly throwing a pick. It's not a horrible decision but Helm is wide open at the top if he stays with it.

Pass 25 I don't know what he's seeing here other than the ghosts of the first half when everyone ended up in his lap on a middle blitz. He bails way to soon. Nothing open anyway.

Pass 26 Play action isn't holding anyone now. I'll be there was some good coaching moments after the fake toss play. Really lacking creativity here. At some point someone has to make a play. Or maybe you have to throw a ball up and see if your own guys can. 6 mins left.

Pass 27 Has to be on point here. Tough pass. LB spying you right in the middle. Gotta get it over him and down to one of the shortest guys on the team. You're QB1 you have to make this play. Really lacking creativity on the offense here. Just look at the other routes. There's nothing.

Pass 28 Have watched this several times. UGA knows after a check with the sideline and when Ewers picks his arms up its almost go time. The shift happens, clock is running down, and it's all out. We can pick this apart if we want to. This play didn't lose the game. Wingo needs to go to daylight a lot sooner. He's hot, that's why eyes are on him first. He doesn't do his job. Gotta go to Golden. Ewers makes a business decision. One that wouldn't sit with me very well as a coach or teammate. You gotta stick your back foot in the ground here and make a throw. This was a p****y move. Your oline and your backs have been taking missiles for you all game. Not always perfect but you gotta man up here. We prob don't get the first down but this was a selfish decision.

Pass 29 Left guard and left tackle, good lord.

Pass 30 No way Banks had an 80+ grade on PFF.

Pass 31 Are backs not allowed to cut block anymore? Ewers tries to step in to one here and the back gets blown up. Lucky 50/50 ball. Game is over.

Pass 32 I thought he was going to Helm here in game and I still think he was judging by his eyes or helmet position. Helm falls down.

Pass 33 Blue makes the right call to be hot. Right read. Georgia brings 6 on 5. Helm blocks air again.

Pass 34 Jump ball. I really like hustle of Moore at the top of the route compared to Golden. He's still playing for something. Not bad ball placement. Just gotta make a play.

Pass 35 Pretty much a summary of the entire game in one final clip. There was always someone not doing their job for the most part of 3 quarters.

It was a complete team loss on offense. I thought Sark really got things going with fast motions and creative play calls in the 3rd quarter. When we got in the 4th it's almost as if we went back to our first half plan of trying to make deep shots happen down the field. Georgia had a plan to not yield anything deep. We got them in single high safety twice and they paid twice. At least from the broadcast footage, they never went back to it again.

Ewers played much better in the 2nd half and also had some really bad plays as well. He simply needs to be better moving forward. Everyone does. Game ball to Golden. Nobody else played worth a damn IMO.

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.