ADVERTISEMENT

Everywhere I Read

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
All these five-start Starters we are getting, they won't start the 1st yr, maybe play a down or 2...its the 5 star time of the year now, I hope they not promising them to play to get them here

All these five-start Starters we are getting, they won't start the 1st yr, maybe play a down or 2...its the 5 star time of the year now, I hope they not promising them to play to get them here
We have exactly 1 5 star (Bijan Robinson) and he will play a lot year 1. There are a handful of other guys that could get in the rotation at different positions (Alfred Collins at DT) but I think anyone who is reasonable knows these guys will be making there impact in several years, not 2020.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
replace 5'star with 4'star and everything the OP said is spot on. The one thing I can say about Herman, I don't see him selling Texas with guaranteed playing time. Saban has mastered a single phrase that pretty much says it all. "That's up to you"

I want guaranteed playing time - That's up to you.
I want to play in the NFL - That's up to you
I want to start as a freshmen - That's up to you.

His message, if you have the talent and put in the work, you can do whatever you want.

replace 5'star with 4'star and everything the OP said is spot on. The one thing I can say about Herman, I don't see him selling Texas with guaranteed playing time. Saban has mastered a single phrase that pretty much says it all. "That's up to you"

I want guaranteed playing time - That's up to you.
I want to play in the NFL - That's up to you
I want to start as a freshmen - That's up to you.

His message, if you have the talent and put in the work, you can do whatever you want.
That is a great answer. In the transfer portal world we are in now, that is powerful. Don't make promises you can't keep.

I'm still not sure who @StrangerHorn has been hearing about getting early PT.
QBs? No
RBs - Bijan and yes
WRs - No
OL - definitely not
DL - Maybe some rotational players in Alfred Collins, Princely Umanmielen.
LB - Maybe some rotational reps for Dorbah
DB - No

Lots of redshirts coming for this class as it should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT