ADVERTISEMENT

F*** it - I want the boards opinion now

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonghornSoldier

Dec 12, 2005
Is me calling someone out for acting like an aggy and disagreeing with them about a retard NFL player worthy of being threatened to be banned? I got this message today from our own MM over a thread about romo sucking - now keep in mind I didnt even say these things until after he got mad and tried to insult me by saying that since i didnt like romo i must be a texans fan and dont understand football etc etc..... so I told him he was acting like an aggy and obviously didnt read anything bc I had explained I really dont care for the NFL, etc..... long story but just go read that sequence of events in that thread and you will see I said nothing directly to him until after he decided to slight me over romo.... If I get banned for putting him on blast, so be it... I wonder how long this thread will stay up and unlocked.... but anyway here is the message I got from him threatening to ban me for calling him out as acting like an aggy... I ask you to think of this while you read on - how much worse has MM sat by and let go on simply bc it didnt have anything to do with him...and how many times was he active in threads with this going on and didnt bother to say anything

"LS, I'm about out of patience with you and your posting style on OB. It's one thing to have a discussion and have some back and forth banter. Folks aren't always going to agree with each other and sometimes you have to agree to disagree. Look, you're not going to change my mind about Romo and I'm not going to change yours. BUT, one thing that you're not going to do it to talk trash to me and say thing like "seeing as how you either CANT read or you lack cognitive function and reasoning" and call me an aggy. If you ever do that again you're gone. PERIOD! Not smart on your part to do that. I would ask that you tone it down and be respectful towards myself and others and not be so confrontational and abrasive.

Thanks,

MM

LonghornMM, Wednesday at 3:23 PM"

Treate everyone on the board? sure did use a lot of "me" and "I" statements for that to really be about respecting everyone else.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunger Buster Combo
LOL.. I got a bit ahead of myself... but got to looking at time stamps on messages and was about to start a fire up that had already been put out.... figured the NM was the way to go....

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
this_thread_does_not_deliver_animat.gif

Is me calling someone out for acting like an aggy and disagreeing with them about a retard NFL player worthy of being threatened to be banned? I got this message today from our own MM over a thread about romo sucking - now keep in mind I didnt even say these things until after he got mad and tried to insult me by saying that since i didnt like romo i must be a texans fan and dont understand football etc etc..... so I told him he was acting like an aggy and obviously didnt read anything bc I had explained I really dont care for the NFL, etc..... long story but just go read that sequence of events in that thread and you will see I said nothing directly to him until after he decided to slight me over romo.... If I get banned for putting him on blast, so be it... I wonder how long this thread will stay up and unlocked.... but anyway here is the message I got from him threatening to ban me for calling him out as acting like an aggy... I ask you to think of this while you read on - how much worse has MM sat by and let go on simply bc it didnt have anything to do with him...and how many times was he active in threads with this going on and didnt bother to say anything

"LS, I'm about out of patience with you and your posting style on OB. It's one thing to have a discussion and have some back and forth banter. Folks aren't always going to agree with each other and sometimes you have to agree to disagree. Look, you're not going to change my mind about Romo and I'm not going to change yours. BUT, one thing that you're not going to do it to talk trash to me and say thing like "seeing as how you either CANT read or you lack cognitive function and reasoning" and call me an aggy. If you ever do that again you're gone. PERIOD! Not smart on your part to do that. I would ask that you tone it down and be respectful towards myself and others and not be so confrontational and abrasive.

Thanks,

MM

LonghornMM, Wednesday at 3:23 PM"

Treat everyone on the board? sure did use a lot of "me" and "I" statements for that to really be about respecting everyone else.....

Taking bets - how long does it take for MM to ban me for putting this and him on blast? Also curious as to how many ppl feel like this is garbage.

LS, I will say this: this was the first chat room I ever bothered to join. I did so last year around mid august. When I joined and voiced my displeasure with some of the actions of the current AD and hires, I was called "aggsy, sock, gooner, dumb ass" everything but Jesus Christ. Not knowing why this was happening, MM stepped up and explained to me what "flaming" was. I've watched his posts, I've seen his reasoning, I've been present for his judgments. I must say: first of all, it's obvious, MM is a cowboys fan. It's obvious MM is also a Romo fan. So be it I've posted on here about Romo before. The last time I checked, this is a Longhorn board. Sure, we have off topic conversations all the time, but shouldn't the serious conversations be reserved for discussions about our favorite college team?

I will say this about MM, save for the fact that he's a cowboy fan (MM, I don't have a pro team I've loved since Earl left the Oilers) nobody's perfect. But you should respect others opinions. Both of you should. There's no reason to throw away a nice working relationship because of a stupid argument over a qb or a football team.

Call me crazy? I await your verbal pummelings.

Reactions: smokey1zts
LS, I like you man, but you went overboard.

First of all I don't get why you care so much, since you don't care about the NFL.

Second, nobody's saying he's elite, he's just damn good and above average. By your standards, everybody who hasn't won a Super Bowl is trash. That's just ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a team game, right? He's had horrible offensive lines and bad defenses most of his career. They finally put a solid group together last year, and he was superb. Won a playoff game, and was one play away from the NFC championship game. That play was blatantly taken away by the referees.

Now, about this aggy bullshit. You got it backwards. We're not the ones being aggyish. The people that hate the Cowboys, do so for the same reason people hate the Yankees, and yes, the Texas Longhorns. Jealousy. Like it or not, Dallas is still one of the most, if not the most popular teams in the league, just like the Yankees and Horns. Sorry, but you sound like an aggy unreasonably delusional in bashing Cowboy fans.

Lastly, you basically called the moderator of this board an idiot, by calling all Cowboy fans idiots. So yeah, you're probably banned for calling him out again after that tirade you went on in the other thread.

I still got nothing against you, but sorry, you asked for this one. Hope to see you back soon if you do get banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT