ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp thread

Seem like Catalon could have figured it out before practice started.

yea, I have been paying attention. Just because I am not here does not mean I have not been on another site. All I hear is excuses why these guys are leaving and putting blame on everybody but this staff which is pretty much par for here but the true benchmark will be what team this staff fields. To say swoopes should be the starting QB is insane and After what we saw last year this guy should never take another snap but hey, it is what it is. We are going to see what Watson puts out there this year and right now it looks bad.

Arm chair it up mad cow... It's called player development and system. Swoopes will be better with better offensive line play, the new system and weapons. I laugh at every clown that expects Swoopes to fail. You've been around a while so I'll simply ignore future commentary...

Madcow is losing it, turn your AC on bud. Or go for a walk.

not losing it and it is 67 degrees in my office :) I am just not of these lemmings here that think everything is ok with this team and there is a dangerous pattern going on with this staff. Sure, attrition happens but to say that Stoops deserves to start just shows the brainwashing going on. Almost Everybody on this site was in agreement after the arky game that swoopes should never be at QB again but the sad thing is that if he is the best that we have on campus we are in deep shit, but hey, just my opinion, I am a tough so pile on, I can handle it. :)

PCfXPgAr_normal.png
Ryan Bridges @RyanBridges45

3/30 signees from Texas' 2015 class won't make it. One is up in the air. 2/22 from Strong's 2011 class didn't make it. (1 came the next yr)

5:42 PM - 11 Aug 2015

Whoever has the "Teams" confidence is who I want quarter backing the team......period. If Swoopes has won the confidence of his teammates after that Arkansas disaster then he deserves to start. If not........then its Heard.

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
not losing it and it is 67 degrees in my office :) I am just not of these lemmings here that think everything is ok with this team and there is a dangerous pattern going on with this staff. Sure, attrition happens but to say that Stoops deserves to start just shows the brainwashing going on. Almost Everybody on this site was in agreement after the arky game that swoopes should never be at QB again but the sad thing is that if he is the best that we have on campus we are in deep shit, but hey, just my opinion, I am a tough so pile on, I can handle it. :)

Stoops is UT QB now?

Reactions: hornfaninbama
What is this dangerous pattern? I dont see a damn thing to get up in arms over, not yet. Strong wants his guys on the field, Cherry, one of his guys with a daddy in his ear doesn't seem to fit the scheme per Cherrys old man so the kid decided to bail. Unlike last season when Strong cleaned house, these kids are finding their own way and leaving on their on accord. Five since December... There isn't a pattern and there is going to be a lot more attrition. As long as it's not DT, TE or OL they are full at the positions that just lost players.

Madcow isn't completely wrong. This has pretty much been an exercise in rephrasing "we didn't want him anyway" all day. People were very excited about Cherry and it's WAY too early for him to be worrying about the depth chart. It's a bummer that it went south this quickly.

And you are crazy if you aren't concerned about Swoopes being the starter. Sure, everyone hopes he's progressed, he gets more help, and this system is a better fit for him, but those are all just hopes. What we saw at the end of last season should scare the hell out of anyone.

I am more optimistic than most on this site about our chances this year, but let's not try to spin every single bit of bad news that come out into a positive.

Reactions: swVAHorn
And you are crazy if you aren't concerned about Swoopes being the starter.
You play the hand you're dealt, not the one you wish you had.

Swoopes has had another year to work with coaches and the O-line should be improved and not a triage situation. The offense has been simplified and perhaps better caters to the talent we have incoming as well as the offenses run in high school here. We'll have a good idea with Notre Dame if he still has that deer in headlights look, or if he's turned a corner and is prepared to lead this team.

Hook 'em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT