ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp Updates

Nugget---

Ever seen 4 wide to the wide side? Get ready. johnson and Epps both at 6'6 along with Duverny and whomever else covered up in the slot. Moving the pocket to the wide side to create running lanes for the RPO.

If you put 4 receivers on the wide side isn't that going to make the tackle on the short side eligible?

Dad gummit. The site shrunk down mu diagram. No. You still have a TE on the backside.

........................YXXDXX......................WR
...............................O........Z.....Z......Z

There we go. The Y is the weakside TE. The 's are the slots and obviously you see it all now.

I would agree going conservative on D cost us. It just didn't hurt us on O. The OU D was completely gassed. When you're gashing 7-8 yds/carry, you run it down their throat. Oh and don't friggin hold while you're doing it.

I agree, however, you should re-watch the B12 CCG. The officiating was atrocious. We took the early lead and were moving the ball til the refs applied the brakes. Texas was penalized 13 times for 128 yards, OU 5 for 60. RRR~ Texas was penalized 6-43 and OU 7-73. It's funny how this works when the conference wants a team in the playoff.

Complete-Idiots-Guides-To-Coaching-College-Football-in-The-Waterboy-1.jpg

Complete-Idiots-Guides-To-Coaching-College-Football-in-The-Waterboy-2-901x507.jpg

v1.bjs4MzczNDU7ajsxODE0NDsxMjAwOzEyODA7NzIw

I think I understand.

I don't have the words. I swear to God if the LSU fans start chanting "Sleep!" During our game I will completely lose my sh!t. Are we running a football program or a house of parlor tricks.

Did that take the place of a practice?
Yes more than once. Herman spoke in his last press conference about how this fall camp is more about training the players to be able to psychologically defeat their opponent and less about brute force so they’ve cut back on strength and conditioning to keep them fresh and cut back on football drills, but increased psychological tactical training like hypnosis.
Herman has always been an innovator, I hope this one works. We will see.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Yes more than once. Herman spoke in his last press conference about how this fall camp is more about training the players to be able to psychologically defeat their opponent and less about brute force so they’ve cut back on strength and conditioning to keep them fresh and cut back on football drills, but increased psychological tactical training like hypnosis.
Psychological tactical training?

Are we going to start staring at goats next? Or maybe an LSD drip like we did in the 60s during the CIA MKultra experiments?

Those didn't turn out so well.

Psychological tactical training?

Are we going to start staring at goats next? Or maybe an LSD drip like we did in the 60s during the CIA MKultra experiments?

Those didn't turn out so well.
A couple of the walk-ons that are upperclassmen psych majors having been running with the ones and twos over some of the four star guys.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Belldozer1
Come on dude, seriously? “Hey fellas, you don’t need to outrun the guy chasing you just need to ask him to stop chasing you long enough for you to hypnotize him”

The team looked like they were having fun, nothing to see here.

Now.......stop diddling yourself...and ....Sleep.
Exactly. It’s harmless down time that’s good for team morale , it most certainly does not take the place of practice, and It’s good for recruiting. UT did a great job of marketing it as it made a buzz across national media.

Reactions: ASURAM2010

q1 - recognizing satire may not be some of these guy's strong suit. Specially the okies.

I thought it was a great team bonding event. The guys were laughing and loose, plus what a wonderful lesson illustrating the power of the human mind.

LOL. This’ll probably be received wisdom on the aggy boards before the weekend is over.

Psychological or muscle, they had better be able to play and win or this shit not gonna fly with this Woosa crap Fb is Brute Force and it will always be, I don't think ya mind can defeat a 300 lb Linebacker runnin over ya ass

I'm hearing really good things about Casey Thompson. We really need to engineer some blowouts and get him meaningful playing time. By meaningful I mean actually running the offense, not handing the ball off 20 times.

I don't care if it's 50-0, he has to run the offense. If he's brought in to hand the ball off, it's a huge waste of time, and does nothing to prepare him. Dumbest thing many coaches do is bring in an inexperienced QB and do nothing but run up the middle.

Also, we F$&@ING MUST STOP SITTING ON 3 TD LEADS! Not only because this is the Big 12 and 3 TDs ain't shit, but you need to build as big a lead as you, as fast as you can, to alllow for that backup to get as many reps as possible.

I love Herman, but if there's one thing that absolutely pisses me off about him is trying to sit on leads that really aren't big enough to sit on. See the RRS. Stop taking your goddamn foot off the gas Tom! only remove your foot from the gas to step on their throats, not to "make nice" with opposing coaches. F&@$ those coaches! You better goddamn believe they wouldn't do the same for you.

Ok rant over. I feel better.
Good post, but I don't think Tom is trying to "make nice" with any coaches. Thoughts?

Psychological or muscle, they had better be able to play and win or this shit not gonna fly with this Woosa crap Fb is Brute Force and it will always be, I don't think ya mind can defeat a 300 lb Linebacker runnin over ya ass

Yeah man. Psychology has a lot to do with everything. Also, I don’t know many 300 lb linebackers...

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT