ADVERTISEMENT

FB Season is slipping away

There will be no CFB this fall. Just accept it now and save yourself the anxiety.

Good to read you again BringBackRoyal.

I guess the question is now what about the NFL? The Baltimore Ravens announced yesterday that their stadium will be no more than 20% capacity this year.

Oh well you're right accept it and move along.

does the NFL still play on Sunday?

It will be interesting to see. I think the NFL will figure it out. Two big differences from college: (a) NFL involves individual owners with hundreds of millions of $$$ invested. They have to have a season or face financial ruin. Colleges need the money, but there is no one individual that faces potential ruin. (b) Pro Players have such limited career longevity, they have to cash in while they can. Average career is less than 5 years - on average they are losing 20% of career earnings if no season is played. With the death rate so low - most will take the "risk."

But there is always a chance the politicians will get involved (see cancellation of Republican State Convention in Houston next week).

It will be interesting to see. I think the NFL will figure it out. Two big differences from college: (a) NFL involves individual owners with hundreds of millions of $$$ invested. They have to have a season or face financial ruin. Colleges need the money, but there is no one individual that faces potential ruin. (b) Pro Players have such limited career longevity, they have to cash in while they can. Average career is less than 5 years - on average they are losing 20% of career earnings if no season is played. With the death rate so low - most will take the "risk."

But there is always a chance the politicians will get involved (see cancellation of Republican State Convention in Houston next week).

The NFL players do not get paid if the season is cancelled? I do not know the answer is why I am asking.

back when I followed the NFL (20 years ago) almost all contracts were non guaranteed. I forsee a glut of big assed mansions coming on the market.

Reactions: Belldozer1
back when I followed the NFL (20 years ago) almost all contracts were non guaranteed. I forsee a glut of big assed mansions coming on the market.
Well @oldhorn2 , them foosball players may have to go out and use those faux degrees they were handed on the first day they reported for 2 a days, their freshman year of college.

Reactions: oldhorn2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT