ADVERTISEMENT

Finebaum calling Blowu CHOKELAHOMA

7 of those points were caused by your defense without which you would have lost in regulation. Up 17 when offense quit producing for a while. That's why it's tough for air raid offenses to win national championships.

Reactions: HornDrummer
7 of those points were caused by your defense without which you would have lost in regulation. Up 17 when offense quit producing for a while. That's why it's tough for air raid offenses to win national championships.
That air raid offense rushed for over 200 yards against that SEC defense. More than anyone had done against them this year. That defense got worked. Everyone knew going in that OU’s D sucked but Georgia’s D got exposed.

That air raid offense rushed for over 200 yards against that SEC defense. More than anyone had done against them this year. That defense got worked. Everyone knew going in that OU’s D sucked but Georgia’s D got exposed.

We know the SEC script to well to argue with these morons. They give up 600 yards and it's okay because they "figured" it out in 2nd half by only allowing 2 TDs and 200 yards

Reactions: Belldozer1
Yes they gave up massive yardage, but show me one system like OU's that has won it all. All a team has to do is stop it for a few possessions because OU's D can't EVER stop the run. Mayfield's 87 second half yards (almost all on one drive) is why you lost. I didn't think anyone could stop you or even slow you down, but once it happened you had no answers. That offense is never out of a game but they never have one in the bag either. I am not being critical, just factual. If Texas would have made a play or two more they would have beaten you too. I think they will for the foreseeable future, or as long as Orlando is there.

How old are you guys? I’m serious you guys are childish. How can teams like Texas and A&M throw shade on Oklahoma? One thing is very likely you have to win the big 12 to go to the playoffs. OU beat TCU twice to get there. Academics pay players etc. What a bunch of excuses. I’m not naming any examples of your football students. Carry on
giphy.gif

Reactions: cml7374
And Georgia gave up less than 500 yards, not 600. Just sayin....still a lot to give up though.

150 in 2nd half, not 200 also. OU played a good offensive game; No need to embellish stats.

OU legitimized the BigXII. Everyone talked about the bad defense, of the BigXII and we all preached Great Offenses. OU showed a great offense.

No one thought OU had a good defense, maybe decent at times but that's it.
No one is talking about the BigXII, folding, because of OU.

Was it OU game to lose? Yes but at least we were in the game. We went to OT, we showed the SEC Champ, the BigXII is a real deal conference.

No one is talking about the BigXII, folding, because of OU.

OU’s CFP appearance has jack sh*t to do with whether this conference will survive. And no one’s talking about whether the Big 12 will fold because the season isn’t over, among other things.

OU’s CFP appearance has jack sh*t to do with whether this conference will survive. And no one’s talking about whether the Big 12 will fold because the season isn’t over, among other things.

The conference survives by being a National Contender!

All I heard last 2 year was how "weak', the BigXII is. OU has know made the playoffs, twice. OU showed the world, the BigXII is a tough National contender. OU getting hammered by Clemson didn't help. Going to OT, against the SEC champ, legitimized the BigXII.

The only reason, the BigXII is a NC contender is because of OU. The only reason the BigXII, is considered a tough conference is because of OU.

For the BigXII, too truly be tough, we need one more team, contending for the NC. TCU and OSU do not bring the "brand". That's where UT comes in.

If both OU and UT, are national players. The BigXII is a complete conference. But right now, OU is carry all of the load and the future of the BigXII

The conference survives by being a National Contender!

All I heard last 2 year was how "weak', the BigXII is. OU has know made the playoffs, twice. OU showed the world, the BigXII is a tough National contender. OU getting hammered by Clemson didn't help. Going to OT, against the SEC champ, legitimized the BigXII.

The only reason, the BigXII is a NC contender is because of OU. The only reason the BigXII, is considered a tough conference is because of OU.

For the BigXII, too truly be tough, we need one more team, contending for the NC. TCU and OSU do not bring the "brand". That's where UT comes in.

If both OU and UT, are national players. The BigXII is a complete conference. But right now, OU is carry all of the load and the future of the BigXII

All of that is of minimal importance next to the Big 12’s demographic issues.

Okay I haz the confuse. Since an SEC will win the NC tonight do all SEC teams consider that a victory for their own team even though their team is not actually playing? It seems like it so I’m not sure how that all works?

Okay I haz the confuse. Since an SEC will win the NC tonight do all SEC teams consider that a victory for their own team even though their team is not actually playing? It seems like it so I’m not sure how that all works?
Media narrative: SEC is proven to be the superior conference.
Big 10 loses one bowl game.
Media narrative: But all SEC natty?

Look, the SEC has the same objective as every other conference---- to get the value of their tv contract as high as possible-- nothing more. They beat the drum just like anyone else would. Bob (dumb a$$) Bowlsby tried to elevate the big 12 a few years ago by rolling the dice on both baylol and tcu making the playoffs instead of declaring one a champion over the other. It backfired in catastrophic fashion, and devalued the big 12. It was an epic failure. Epic.
Does the SEC do a great job of peddling it's propaganda? Of course they do. Do they shill every chance they get? Damn right they do.
Do they have the coin to back it up? So far. Will this last forever? Nope. Nothing ever does.

I will give props where’s its due and say Saban has done a heck of a job at Bama. The talent he continues to bring in is unreal. Georgia not doing too bad in the recruiting Dept. Either.

Looks like ou has been closing the deal on some very good defensive players. ou was probably one-two defensive studs away from winning it all. Some ou fans are blaming the offense, but, man, the ou offense did more than there part (all year). I admit I was happy to hear about the ou loss, but, that is par for a rivalry.
OU was prolly one decent LB away to be honest. Not going to mention player names, but one LB in particular literally could have been on the bench and left 10 players on the field and got the same result. OU really needed some of the defensive players UT has recruited the last few years. So UT I suppose shares some credit for OUs suck ass defense in the Rose Bowl. LOL :D:D

And I agree, OUs offense got too conservative in the 2nd half, but damn when you put up close to 40 offensive points on an SEC team it should be enough. Giving up that much to an SEC offense was absolutely embarrassing. OU didn't do the Big XII's reputation for shitty defense any favors that game.

Reactions: Belldozer1
OU didn't choke any more than UGA did in the Big Game. Offense went into a shell in the second half against a Class A Defense except for the one great long pass the GA QB made. And Saban shows why he is the best coach by flummoxing the Dogs with the Hawaii kid. Fun to watch. But no one choked. Both teams, in both games, played their hearts out and the losing players had nothing to be ashamed of. Some of the coaches, on the other hand. . . .

The man is spot on!

The Horns won the greatest college football game of all time at the Rose Bowl that will never be matched, while the Gooners coughed up one of the biggest choke jobs in history. At least it wasn't a USC ass whipping in the title game, most lopsided loss in history. After being molested, would think those jokers might have been a little thankful over the years for the Horns taking care of the Trojans.
Probably is an accurate statement but then again with the resources you guys have what do you call average to below average seasons since 09?

Probably is an accurate statement but then again with the resources you guys have what do you call average to below average seasons since 09?
Damn, ellis. Write a more coherent retort next time. I had to read it 3 times. I think I agree with you-Texas has been average at best.

Big Game got lucky 18 years ago when Florida State underestimated them and laid down. Since then, it's definitely Chokelahoma all the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT