ADVERTISEMENT

First Red River Rivalry Game

PhillipDeezNuts

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2009
All the years I lived in Dallas never ever made it to an Texas/ou game! Me and my oldest attended are first one today. Couple of thoughts:

1. I completely understand all of the hoopla now on having this at Cotton Bowl! Awesome venue and that place gets loud!
2. Just different feel than any game I’ve seen at DKR. Feel lot more intense once inside. Lots of emotion going back and forth with the crowd 50/50.
3. Good lord getting into the stadium is an absolute cluster f$$k! It was a sea of madness.
4. Good lord was the talent on display today. Absolutely beautiful women everywhere!
5. Are offensive line was getting beat all day by OU front 4. After the game they had against Bama, I’m stunned they came out with this stinker today. Ewers was a sitting duck that 1st half.
6. Saw nothing from defensive line, no pressure on ou QB, he had all day to make decisions.
7. Containment was horrible, LB’s consistently out of position to help contain ou QB.
8. Are defense was a mess today. I have no idea what they were doing on ou last drive. Nothing creative from that group today. Very disappointed on the play of this group.
9. Thought Ewers showed a lot of heart coming back the way he did. His 1st pick was really bad and set the tone early for ou. The second pick was not his fault. His fumble was a good hit by defensive player but he has to be better at taking care of ball.
10. Three turnovers to none, Sark play calling not a lot to be desired, horrible defensive play and some iffy calls by refs. All that and somehow we were up with just over a minute to go. Couldn’t believe we had a chance to win that game as bad as we played.

The venue and atmosphere are second to none, that was top notch. Wish it would have ended with a win, but shit happens. Here is to whipping the sooner ass in Jerry World in December!

Hookem’

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News