ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Sports on OU's hypocrisy (SAE's and Mixon)

tummer

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2003
Exactly what many of us on this board have been saying.

While I know you're now going to go into your standard defense mechanism of attacking the messenger, Okies, THIS is coming from a major NATIONAL media source, not an internet bulletin board poster:

Oh, so the star running back gets a second chance for breaking four bones on a female student's face on video, but the guys in a frat don't get a second chance for saying something racist on a video?

Gotcha.

This post was edited on 3/11 11:22 AM by tummer

OU stands tall on racism, weak against violence

OU's own Carey Murdoch said yesterday on the morning show that if mixon wasn't a 5 star rb he would have been kicked off. He saw the tape and said it was brutal to watch.

Duh. DGB, Mixon, Shannon and Chaisson could play football. Wifebeater U is moral only when football recruiting is threatened.

Racism is a hotter button right now than man v woman violence. These kids wouldn't have made it on campus even if they weren't expelled. It's certainly hypocritical, but that's also society as a whole being hypocritical.

Originally posted by bubba2023:
Racism is a hotter button right now than man v woman violence. These kids wouldn't have made it on campus even if they weren't expelled. It's certainly hypocritical, but that's also society as a whole being hypocritical.
Disagree - this has nothing to do with society in general. The Ray Rice tape caused plenty of outrage.

This comes down to one simple fact: racism hurts OU's recruiting. Caving in coeds' faces doesn't.

This post was edited on 3/11 11:34 AM by tummer

Originally posted by tummer:

Disagree - this has nothing to do with society in general. The Ray Rice tape caused plenty of outrage.

This comes down to one simple fact: racism hurts OU's recruiting. Caving in coeds' faces doesn't.

Ray Rice outrage doesn't even compare to the outrage that race will inspire. I don't disagree with what you are saying, it's hypocrisy. Both instances warranted immediate expulsion. Only one of the instance would society demand the expulsion.

This left unchecked by OU would result in numerous protests and likely riots and would be a much bigger black eye to society than Mixon ever could. It's a shame by OU, and it's a shame that the same people so outraged at those SAE members aren't equally as outraged by the Mixon coverup.
This post was edited on 3/11 11:48 AM by bubba2023

Come on TMZ release the damn video. Only a matter of time before the disturbed and demented blow u. fans accuse Murdock of being a tool. Solid bunch those gooner people.

I'm certain if that video found its way to youtube that there would be plenty of outrage.

There are many racist incidents that don't blow up either. This happened because there was a video, just like the incident with Ray Rice escalated AFTER the video was shown. Video evidence usually causes more of an uproar. I have seen a lot worse than this ou incident, but there was no video of the incidents, so there was no big uproar created. It's a visual thing.
This post was edited on 3/11 2:11 PM by blh111

"Oh, so the star running back gets a second chance for breaking four bones on a female student's face on video, but the guys in a frat don't get a second chance for saying something racist on a video?

Gotcha."

Exactly.

Originally posted by Jagged Horn:
"Oh, so the star running back gets a second chance for breaking four bones on a female student's face on video, but the guys in a frat don't get a second chance for saying something racist on a video?

Gotcha."

Exactly.
Ray Rice was giving another chance UNTIL the video was shown, that makes a difference as the proof clearly shows. If the video of Mixon had got out, he too would have been kicked off the team. Had there been no video of this ou incident, they too would get a second chance.

Originally posted by blh111:

Gotcha."

Exactly.
Ray Rice was giving another chance UNTIL the video was shown, that makes a difference as the proof clearly shows. If the video of Mixon had got out, he too would have been kicked off the team. Had there been no video of this ou incident, they too would get a second chance.
Disagree. The SAE guys didn't have good 40 times.

This

Originally posted by blh111:

Gotcha."

Exactly.
Disagree. The SAE guys didn't have good 40 times.

For actual proof and not just an opinion, just look at the Ray Rice incident before and after the video.

Blh I agree totally. Visual images are the confirmation that we humans need to seal the deal, so to speak.

There's a reason "wait till you see this" is pretty much a cliche.

Seeing something and being able to access or make judgements on it is how are brains function. Hearing about it sometimes doesn't make it as real. See why the media never shows unblurred videos of guys blowing their heads off or being crushed by a train etc.

Visual stimulates us differently than rumor, inuedo, or "a story about".

OU has now cancelled two spring practices in a row due to this debacle.

Wow now like 8 topics on this subject lol
laugh.r191677.gif
Im glad I dont spend day and night worrying about whats going on at other schools. Will it get to 10 before the day is over?

Originally posted by Yankees03:

Im glad I dont spend day and night worrying about whats going on at other schools.
...says the retarded okie on the Texas website. I mean sweet tapdancing Christ you're retarded.

No, this is the only topic on the subject.

And that subject is a major national media source writing a scathing article about the hypocrisy of a fellow Big 12 program.

Stop doing corrupt and scummy things that bring national embarrassment to the Big 12, and we will stop talking about it. Deal?

Toadboy, The SAE debacle is terrible. As someone else said on here, it is made worse by the video. Your FIJI house has a despicable record that is well documented in Austin (Google). Why don't you show your indignity within your own house.

Just fair and balanced.
wink.r191677.gif

No, this is the only topic on the subject.

And that subject is a major national media source writing a scathing article about the hypocrisy of a fellow Big 12 program.

Stop doing corrupt and scummy things that bring national embarrassment to the Big 12, and we will stop talking about it. Deal?
Yeah. It IS perfectly ok Okie for us to have a topic on the story when it broke. A topic to link the video after that other topic gets locked thanks to you guys. And a topic to link a news story or Switzer comments. My topic on Switzer comments was not to debate the story, but to debate Switzer. Instead you guys railed on about Texas in 1960 and Darryl Royal, as if that was pertinent to Switzer in 2015 talking about a brand new news story.

The lack of attention to basic detail..........no one is forcing you to whiff on the subjects and lump them all together. But you only do that so you can change the subject and criticize something else. Just like you did here. Get better at this. Please, for all our sakes.

They were interviewing a guy on Nightline and he said that frats are fundamentally geared toward selectivity right from rush week forward. So it's really not surprising to see this kind of behavior. The whole concept of "if you look like us and talk like us and think like us then you can be accepted", is just junk to me. Never understood the whole greek system. I like a diverse set of friends and circumstances in life. Last think I want to do is hang with people like myself.

One interesting point. if they are Texas kids @ OU, it is likely they are not bright enough to get into UT or A&M for that matter.

Originally posted by Tired Horn:
One interesting point. if they are Texas kids @ OU, it is likely they are not bright enough to get into UT or A&M for that matter.
Hell, even Tech can claim scoreboard, as Oklahoma continues to be our toilet.

Originally posted by Scholz:

Im glad I dont spend day and night worrying about whats going on at other schools.
...says the retarded okie on the Texas website. I mean sweet tapdancing Christ you're retarded.

No doubt.

And he acts like taking a minute to browse a thread and 15 seconds to fire a post......is dwelling on something all day and night, like we are losing sleep. Its more like I don't think about it. For the 10 minutes a day we check in here, I laugh about it. And then read the okie stupidity and make a quick response. Oh the horror.

Compared to someone who spends hours on a UT site as an OU fan, constantly bashing UT and deflecting anything negative OU. Yeah, we are so obsessed my man. That glass house around you was smashed years and thousands of posts ago.

Originally posted by Fizzwilly:
Toadboy, The SAE debacle is terrible. As someone else said on here, it is made worse by the video. Your FIJI house has a despicable record that is well documented in Austin (Google). Why don't you show your indignity within your own house.

Just fair and balanced.
wink.r191677.gif
This isn't a thread accusing OU of having the only racist organization on a college campus. This is a thread about OU's response to the SAE incident in comparison to the Mixon incident.

That's what I call fair and balanced.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Compared to someone who spends hours on a UT site
as an OU fan, constantly bashing UT and deflecting anything negative OU.
Yeah, we are so obsessed my man. That glass house around you was
smashed years and thousands of posts ago.

Thats why Ive posted maybe once or twice in the last month or so? haha. I dont mind you talking trash with me, but dont just outright lie and make foolish statements. Deal? If this happened at Texas id have the reply such as "wow, thats crazy" then Id go on living. However you and others will dwell on it for weeks making multiple topics lol. See the difference? I hope so. I guess when OU is better than yall at most stuff then you have to resort to being obsessed with the off the field issues. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT