ADVERTISEMENT

Game week thread: ND

I LOVE the AC-130's. Our best friend.
"You can run, but you will just die tired."
Surely you've got some spooky stories NDAF. You can share details, just not names, dates and locations.

As a CC, I assume you got to get on the walkie and direct those dudes in....... unless of course you thought the J tac would do a better job than you 22nd and 24th guys.

The sad thing for Swoops is, if SB does win the job- this offense is so quarterback friendly he's going to look like a hero.

Both outside wr's on top on the numbers- the slots stretched to the numbers-

You either get two high or one safety - either one in the box or not.

That dime back or extra linebacker (depending on what D you run) either is going to go cover up the slot or be in the box.

It's crazily easy.

Surely you've got some spooky stories NDAF. You can share details, just not names, dates and locations.

As a CC, I assume you got to get on the walkie and direct those dudes in....... unless of course you thought the J tac would do a better job than you 22nd and 24th guys.

I was CSAR. CCT's bigger & better brother. Lol.
But to answer your question, I would take one CC from STS with me over an entire air control party.
That's what happen starting in the late '90s/early 00's, they put a PJ & CCT on each assault/rescue team from the ODA/NSW teams. Really took shape during Task Force Dagger in Afghanistan, Sep-Dec of '01.
Now it is SOP.

I was CSAR. CCT's bigger & better brother. Lol.
But to answer your question, I would take one CC from STS with me over an entire air control party.
That's what happen starting in the late '90s/early 00's, they put a PJ & CCT on each assault/rescue team from the ODA/NSW teams. Really took shape during Task Force Dagger in Afghanistan, Sep-Dec of '01.
Now it is SOP.
So for those of us that have never directed an air strike or put warheads on foreheads before- 1. did you have a favorite? 2. Exactly how easy/difficult is it? 3. How loud is it? Can you actually hear the screams of the bad guys over the 40mm and howitzer rounds? 4. Does it really look like the sh!t on YouTube? 5. Be honest, you know you got a bit of a chub when it was your turn at bat.

I hate to say it, I know, I know. Broken record. But, the home field advantage is meh when it comes to DKR.

Now Tiger stadium at night in death valley, I'm buying and I've been in both venues a ton throughout my life.
I've addressed this comment a few times. First, I will admit that the older alumni at Texas games tend to be the wine and cheese crowd. But that is going to happen. You are going to have a different alumni crowd at a school like Texas vs a school like LSU, or TTU.
Beyond that though, we just have a strange set up for our home schedule year in and year out. We literally never play our biggest rival at home. When we played A&M, it was on thanksgiving when all the students are gone, which again, makes for a different kind of crowd. So the games that move the needle each year are the maybe twice a decade non con top ten team that roles in, and whenever a team like OSU happens to be good.
The result used to be....Texas was kicking the crap out of every team that came to Austin. Its not that interesting to stick around and be loud when you are up by 30 at half time.
The results lately have been...a very boring brand of keep away no offense football.
No fan base is rowdy when they are losing to bad teams. See Tennessee last night. With that said, the few bright spots, Texas fans made it count.. Holgerson said DKR was the loudest stadium he had ever been in the first time they played here (neck and neck game, which Texas actually lost at the last minute)

So for those of us that have never directed an air strike or put warheads on foreheads before- 1. did you have a favorite? 2. Exactly how easy/difficult is it? 3. How loud is it? Can you actually hear the screams of the bad guys over the 40mm and howitzer rounds? 4. Does it really look like the sh!t on YouTube? 5. Be honest, you know you got a bit of a chub when it was your turn at bat.

I was Pararescue, so I was usually on the ground/water with a team ranging from 2-12 persons total, so we were always outnumbered & outgunned. So having the gunship circling above was our insurance policy. When the canons fired they had to alternate them because they were so powerful they disrupted the airspace around the 130.

So when we needed them they came with a thunder & awe that can't be overstated or explained. We usually didn't want anybody to know we were even there, so we were usually on our way out when the destruction started. But we do have video of the taliban just staring at the sky scared because they knew it was up there somewhere lurking.

I was Pararescue, so I was usually on the ground/water with a team ranging from 2-12 persons total, so we were always outnumbered & outgunned. So having the gunship circling above was our insurance policy. When the canons fired they had to alternate them because they were so powerful they disrupted the airspace around the 130.

So when we needed them they came with a thunder & awe that can't be overstated or explained. We usually didn't want anybody to know we were even there, so we were usually on our way out when the destruction started. But we do have video of the taliban just staring at the sky scared because they knew it was up there somewhere lurking.
That's got to be a scary proposition if you're a bad guy.

One day you're just hanging out at the cave den, smoking a hooka, talking to your buddies about the sheep you humped last night down near the Pashtun village--- how soft it was-- how great she smelled-- the way she would "baaaaaaaaa" every time you slid your Tali-wacker into her--- You hear a familiar voice calling your name from across the valley---- you look over and its Ahkmed, your cave neighbor, and he's out taking his RPG for a walk and wanted to wave to you to say "aloha snackbar". Just as you raise your arm to greet your brother in jihad--- BOOM! Ahkmed vaporizes into a cloud of dust and pine needles and all of the sudden you wonder if the eye in the sky actually saw you wave at that guy............ who's REALLY not your friend........ you barely even know that guy........ in fact, you;re pretty sure you've never seen him before in your life----- as you quickly scurry back into your cave.

Reactions: kwsusmc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT