ADVERTISEMENT

Ghost Ship

Orangebred

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
Houston
I guess I missed a lot of the early attention to this. Someone told me it was national news but I didn’t believe them until I saw an article in the Chron today.

So cool story, my family was on vacation in Pensacola a few weeks ago and were there when the abandoned boat washed ashore about a block down from our beach house. We were out on the balcony and my son in law noticed a sailboat out in the distance. Got my camera with a big telephoto lens to see it better and noticed the sail was ripped to shreds.

We kept looking and didn’t see anyone on it. My SIL is a Navy officer and called the coast guard to report it. They said they already knew. Then we just watched it come in. Once it hit the waves it was all over and ran aground quickly.

We were the first ones there. To be honest, SIL had us all thinking about salvage rights. 😁. I got a bunch of pics of it coming in, although it was getting dark, and a lot more once it settled on shore.

Unfortunately by the next morning someone had cut the lock on the hatch and stolen a lot from inside. It was kind of cool to live it and a definite memory from the trip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News