ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Birthday, Hospital Corpsman

Mars512

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
For 126 glorious years, we have been treating coughs, sniffles, ouchies, booboos, blunt force trauma, bullet wounds, amputations, sucking chest wounds, eviscerations, bleed outs, heart attacks, and all manner of injuries mostly to our beloved not-so-bright Marines.

We have been involved in every major conflict, and some not so common. We helped raise the flag on Mt. Suribachi, we took fire and gave the ultimate sacrifice to save our Marines in Afghanistan. Twenty-two Corpsman have received the Medal of Honor. More than any enlisted or officer corps in the military.

Today is our Birthday. Here's to all the corpsman around the world getting drunk in celebration of our rich heritage, and here's a nod to our brothers and sisters deployed standing the watch and caring for the sick and injured, and dispensing endless amounts of Motrin.

Let us renew our faith and above all else, do no harm.

I SOLEMNLY PLEDGE MYSELF BEFORE GOD AND THESE WITNESSES TO PRACTICE FAITHFULLY ALL OF MY DUTIES AS A MEMBER OF THE HOSPITAL CORPS. I HOLD THE CARE OF THE SICK AND INJURED TO BE A SACRED TRUST AND WILL ASSIST THE MEDICAL OFFICER WITH LOYALTY AND HONESTY. I WILL NOT KNOWINGLY PERMIT HARM TO COME TO ANY PATIENT. I WILL NOT PARTAKE OF NOR ADMINISTER ANY UNAUTHORIZED MEDICATION. I WILL HOLD ALL PERSONAL MATTERS PERTAINING TO THE PRIVATE LIVES OF PATIENTS IN STRICT CONFIDENCE. I DEDICATE MY HEART, MIND, AND STRENGTH TO THE WORK BEFORE ME. I SHALL DO ALL WITHIN MY POWER TO SHOW IN MYSELF AN EXAMPLE OF ALL THAT IS HONORABLE AND GOOD THROUGHOUT MY NAVAL CAREER.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News