ADVERTISEMENT

Hook'em History

I have been to Fort Griffin,about 30 miles North of Abilene.It must have been Hell for soldiers sent to the Fort in the 1800's as no electricity,lots on indians in the area. Thanks for post.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
24 years ago on this day in history, myself and several other players spent the day, not on the practice field, but it the sh!tters combatting a mean case of food poisoning because the chefs undercooked the previous nights meal of chicken cordon blu.

No joke. It was brutal. They never served it again and to this day I can't even look at it without gagging.

I have been to Fort Griffin,about 30 miles North of Abilene.It must have been Hell for soldiers sent to the Fort in the 1800's as no electricity,lots on indians in the area. Thanks for post.
My grandfather was born at Ft. Griffin. His father was a clerk for Conrad and Rath, purveyers of powder and lead to the buffalo hunters and buyers of hides. Nobody had electricity until Westinghouse put a turbine into the outlet of a lake near Telluride. Maybe 1884.

I leased a ranch to a guy that ran longhorns once. They are not like any other cattle. Because they bred themselves over 400 years in the Texas brush, they are more like wild animals...ferrel at least. They are always moving. They would go from one end of the ranch to the other and back again....and woe unto the coyote or dogs that ever went near their young ones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT