ADVERTISEMENT

Horns baseball and rankings

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
So I was reading USA Today sports section and came across across college baseball rankings.
I thought I had been paying attention and thought TTU and us were the ones to beat this year, but was surprised to see the Sooners are ranked #2?? Where did that come from?
We are 10, but LSU is 8, even though we swept them, but can live with that.
Tech has dropped to 14, which I understand after losing the series to us. I believe they will rise as the season goes on.
What I was really surprised about was Stanford has dropped into “Others receiving votes”. Did they lose a series badly recently for that drop after beating us?

I thought exact same thing, so I did double and triple takes and sure enough it is labeled “College Baseball “. It is the paper printed edition.
We have uncovered errors in USA Today that the editors did not!! :cool:

I thought exact same thing, so I did double and triple takes and sure enough it is labeled “College Baseball “. It is the paper printed edition.
We have uncovered errors in USA Today that the editors did not!! :cool:
Haha, we had something similar to that happen in our "local" paper that is a USA Today affiliate.
The local university is called Angelo State University (often times called ASU for short), our women's basketball team is in the Sweet 16. Well on the Sunday paper after winning the game to get to the Sweet 16, the headline on the front page of the Sports section is Arizona State makes Sweet 16. Maybe the paper is being clairvoyant and predicting the future!

They are just whipping our ass and making us like it.

11-4

I guess I was wrong.

Maybe watching Texas basketball try to choke away its early 19-point lead against a team from a state populated entirely by cattle (and soybeans) was the better way to go.

I guess I was wrong.

Maybe watching Texas basketball try to choke away its early 19-point lead against a team from a state populated entirely by cattle (and soybeans) was the better way to go.
Please make it end! I can’t take another year of this!

Well we won.

It was like watching a five year old tig weld with a dildo in one hand--- but a win is a win.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Arkysaw 4-0 top 3. We look the opposite of how we looked against LSU.

Arkysaw 4-0 top 3. We look the opposite of how we looked against LSU.
We hadn't done much right and hadn't had any breaks either. Things turned around in the 3rd inning and we have finally created some opportunities.

5-3, Bottom of 5, two on, no outs

We hadn't done much right and hadn't had any breaks either. Things turned around in the 3rd inning and we have finally created some opportunities.

5-3, Bottom of 5, two on, no outs

And now tied in the bottom of the 6th, 5-5, bases juiced with two outs. This team continues to be a scrappy bunch with a no quit attitude.

And now tied in the bottom of the 6th, 5-5, bases juiced with two outs. This team continues to be a scrappy bunch with a no quit attitude.
A walk to Tate Shaw and a HBP on McCann bring in two runs for 7-5 lead for the horns. That's 4 runs scored on free passes so far (12 walks/hbp)

We've been sloppy and Arky has had some breaks like that check swing hit to the 2nd base gap--- lucky as fvck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT