ADVERTISEMENT

Horns vs Clones

I thought it odd that the majority of the posts on here last were about AtM. Maybe the team was just as defocused. You guys got a gift when OU didn't show up in Dallas and KSU had no QB or this season would be a total train wreck. I thought Charlie was a very good hire. I have come to believe that he was a "Terry Bridgewater" flash in the pan and has no idea how to build a team as a head coach.

The university of Texas deserves a better coaching staff. The whole Big-12 needs you to be better.
I don't know, Fizz. All I know is that I am not pressing the "panic" button just yet. I said I would wait till year 3 unless the blowouts continued. The button is close by after last night, but I am not pressing it(yet).

I don't know, Fizz. All I know is that I am not pressing the "panic" button just yet. I said I would wait till year 3 unless the blowouts continued. The button is close by after last night, but I am not pressing it(yet).
Dude.....PRESS IT! We showed we have talent against ou.......now they play like they did last night? Un frigging acceptable!! We have NO reason to lose to Iowa St. like that NONE.

Dude.....PRESS IT! We showed we have talent against ou.......now they play like they did last night? Un frigging acceptable!! We have NO reason to lose to Iowa St. like that NONE.
There is no excuse, that is for sure. I thought Watson was the problem, but guess not.

Reactions: swVAHorn
There is no excuse, that is for sure. I thought Watson was the problem, but guess not.
I am glad you knew I was just messing with you and not screaming..lol I am just so mad at Strong and staff right now. The bad thing is the ou win may hurt Texas in the LONG term.

I still believe it is Watson. No improvement last year with Swoopes and no improvement with heard. The one constant in both is watson.

Again, I just don't see us flying off the handle and firing him. Not after he beat OU and was carried off the field by his players. He hasn't lost his players yet, so he can still turn it around.

Reality is, he isn't going to turn it around, he is in over his head and I'm really hoping he does take the Miami job. It's better for everyone.

The real issue is who replaces him? There are some big programs out there with the jump on us as far as coaching search goes, and this isn't a hire we can get wrong.

Word is that Sean Payton might be wanting to move down to the college ranks, but I'm not sure he can recruit. I have a feeling that USC is all in on Chip Kelly he would be the perfect fit for addressing our offensive issues. The real question is, what will he do to make sure the defense doesn't slip?

I have a feeling, you are going to see Texas force him to take the Miami job by offering him a package of money a lot less than 15 million but enough to entice him to jump.

Again, I just don't see us flying off the handle and firing him. Not after he beat OU and was carried off the field by his players. He hasn't lost his players yet, so he can still turn it around.

Reality is, he isn't going to turn it around, he is in over his head and I'm really hoping he does take the Miami job. It's better for everyone.

The real issue is who replaces him? There are some big programs out there with the jump on us as far as coaching search goes, and this isn't a hire we can get wrong.

Word is that Sean Payton might be wanting to move down to the college ranks, but I'm not sure he can recruit. I have a feeling that USC is all in on Chip Kelly he would be the perfect fit for addressing our offensive issues. The real question is, what will he do to make sure the defense doesn't slip?

I have a feeling, you are going to see Texas force him to take the Miami job by offering him a package of money a lot less than 15 million but enough to entice him to jump.
Great post Son.....I hope you are right about Strong maybe taking the Miami job. I do think he would do well there. He just doesn't fit at Texas or the Big 12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT